ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 85
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Handy-Man Corner
Iowanian 08:25 AM 09-24-2004
I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
[Reply]
Skip Towne 01:54 PM 02-19-2006
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You can get the schematics' at Warns' web site. I've done it just by hooking up one battery instead of the two. It worked at about half speed and half torque. But...it worked.
Some eletric motors will burn up if the voltage is low.
[Reply]
ILikeBigTiddys 02:33 PM 02-19-2006
Does anyone know how to make Carhart coats water resistant again after you wash one.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 02:34 PM 02-19-2006
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Warn Winch Conversion.

Does anyone know IF and How you can convert a 24 volt Winch to a 12 volt system?

Warn M1200 I think is the model number....I need to know IF you can convert it, how to do it, and if it will work half speed on a 12 volt system.

The sooner the better.

You're stuck aren't you.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 02:35 PM 02-19-2006
Originally Posted by ILikeBigTiddys:
Does anyone know how to make Carhart coats water resistant again after you wash one.

Get some silicone boot spray (NOT the Mink Oil) and spray it on your jacket.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:39 PM 02-19-2006
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Get some silicone boot spray (NOT the Mink Oil) and spray it on your jacket.
Exactly.

Bonus tip of the day:

If you are out bird hunting with your dog in burr country, spray the dog down with cooking spray before you start beating the brush. Most of the burrs with just fall right off and not stick in their fur. Doing this can say you hours at the end of the day.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 02:43 PM 02-19-2006
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Exactly.

Bonus tip of the day:

If you are out bird hunting with your dog in burr country, spray the dog down with cooking spray before you start beating the brush. Most of the burrs with just fall right off and not stick in their fur. Doing this can say you hours at the end of the day.

Better yet, get yourself a Pointer. Their hair isn't long enough to hold burrs.:-):-)
[Reply]
Bwana 02:45 PM 02-19-2006
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Better yet, get yourself a Pointer. Their hair isn't long enough to hold burrs.:-):-)
Nice dogs, but I think they would be doing the "death stroke" if you sent one into the Yellowstone River in December. :-)
[Reply]
alanm 04:00 PM 02-19-2006
Originally Posted by Otter:
If you have a snail problem leave a couple of spent beer cans with just a little bit of beer left in them laying around the ground. They'll be filled with dead/drunk snails in the morning. Makes things interesting for the guys at the recycling plant.

Discovered that one while camping a could years ago.

Otter
~bracing himself for the tidle wave of rep
Seems like a waste of beer to me. I oughta neg rep your ass. :-) :-)
[Reply]
JBucc 04:16 PM 02-19-2006
I'm not all that handy, but I got tired of just throwing pencils at the ceiling, so I taped some thumb tacks on the end of the pencil and put a rubber band on another one to make a pencil bow and arrow. Not very accurate but takes up some time.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:39 AM 04-06-2006
Its that time of year again when the projects start up.....

Last weekend, when looking for some info before roofing my dad's cabin, I found this site....It seems like its got some good information on materials, calculating need and some good, detailed "how to" advice on many subjects. Its going in my favorites folder.

http://www.doityourself.com/
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:43 AM 04-06-2006
What projects are on your 'honeydo' list this spring?

I'm looking at the following....
-new windows
-install Island in Kitchen, new countertops or maybe tile.
-landscaping-flowerbed-raised garden

The landscaping and Kitchen are priority, but Windows are a serious probability by fall. I've never put in replacements, but can't imagine its that tough.
[Reply]
nmt1 08:11 AM 04-06-2006
Just finishing up putting ceramic tile in my kitchen(grouting sucks!). Have to repaint the outside of the house and get gutters put on. Landscaping after that. Probably gonna sell the house after painting.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:06 PM 06-07-2006
This was a thread, asking about some concrete and rebar issues.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...11&goto=postid

Several "man questions" have been brought up this week, this might be a good time of year to discuss this stuff.
[Reply]
Iowanian 01:27 PM 07-06-2006
http://www.repairclinic.com/

Yungdungwell posted that link that appears decent for appliance troubleshooting.

The real question and reason for this post regards brick masonry. My house has front steps with brick walls and pillars. They've got a white/yellow fungus of some kind growing on them and discoloring them.

Whats the best method to remove that? I'm thinking of spraying it with Bleech water but thought I'd check here first.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:28 PM 07-06-2006
What's the best way to remove wallpaper?

It seems we have 2 layers in our bathroom. One that is peeling off rather easily, and another, thin white layer, that won't peel off that easily.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 85
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up