ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will the offense match production of years past?
Yes, Mahomes will have quality at every spot, and shred defenses this season. 84 91.30%
No, Tyreek was too good, too explosive to replace. 7 7.61%
Mahomes will struggle with a new corps, middle of the pack, struggle to make playoffs. 2 2.17%
Mahones is a street ball flash in the pan gimmick qb that just lost the fastest kid on the block. Won't sniff the playoffs. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Poll: How will Patrick Mahomes and the new receiving corps compare to previous years?
Wallcrawler 09:20 AM 08-18-2022
I have had a stance from the outset that the loss of Tyreek Hill was addition by subtraction. It is my personal opinion, based on things I've seen and heard, that Mahomes was affected in his performances by always looking for Hill first. Whether that be because Hill was in his ear bitching for the ball, or Mahomes just wanting that kill shot over death by papercut, and passing up open guys.

In a small sample of Mahomes in pre season, we saw him go 6/7 for 70 and a td, all completions to different receivers, and only MVS was targeted twice. This is without Juju even getting a catch.

I think this years offense will be the most dangerous. There isn't a blueprint anymore. You can't just say play shell, double Hill and force Mahomes to throw to trash like D-ROP.

Mahomes won't have as strong of a need/want to hold out for a huge play when a wide open 15 is right there with Hill gone. His progressions will improve, and if an Andy Reid offense is running on all cylinders, with quality talent at every receiving spot, I just don't see how that's going to do less numbers than Hill, Kelce and trash behind them.

We will still be top 3 in scoring, and likely fielding a much better defensive unit. We will win the west, home playoff game, and play for a 5th straight AFC title.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:55 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Im
Kelce is still the defacto #1 target, but he's not a guy that's gonna pout on a day he only catches 2 balls and wins the game.
Yeah I mentioned this earlier, but I think Kelce is totally fine with Patrick being “The Man”. I don’t know if Tyreek really was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Best22 12:24 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah I mentioned this earlier, but I think Kelce is totally fine with Patrick being “The Man”. I don’t know if Tyreek really was.

Tyreek was the 3rd most popular player in the team

Behind Kelce and far behind Mahomes. He shouldn’t have expected any better
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:46 PM 08-19-2022
I think the offense will be more regular, very productive, high 3rd down conversion rate, etc., but will have fewer explosive plays. Remains to be seen how that will affect wins.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:54 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
Tyreek was the 3rd most popular player in the team

Behind Kelce and far behind Mahomes. He shouldn’t have expected any better
He shouldn't have, but I think he had a little diva in him.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:00 PM 08-19-2022
if receivers run correct routes, we'll be fine.
[Reply]
oldman 01:07 PM 08-19-2022
There may be some struggles at first, but we'll be just fine without Hill. Kelce was mugged on almost every play last year and still had over 1000 yards. Hill was the only other tried and true option and he was hampered by the 2 shell coverage. Try that this year and the opposing D is going to be on the field for a long time because PMII will eat them alive with 8 yard up and outs and 12 yard slants.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:24 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
You have to consider Tyreek running off at the mouth with his agent on demanding the ball.

Rosenhaus: There were definitely times last season where we felt that Tyreek was not being used to his full potential.

Hill: Can I see the pill please? Just give me the ball please.

Keep in mind this is on a season where he made Chiefs history with 111 receptions, passing Tony Gonzalez' 102.

Not used enough? Can I get the ball please? He even went off about not getting the ball in one on one match ups. Nobody played Hill one on one after at Tampa in the regular season of our second sb run. He's ****ing delusional.

**** outta here Hill. Dude is friends with Pat, I guarantee you he was in his ear to get him the ball.

Look no further than that bullshit at the end of the half of AFC title game. Throwing to Hill in the backfield with no timeouts?

Heaving it to Hill for the trademarked Cheetah tip drill int in overtime?

We may never agree on this, until the results of this season are seen. I fully believe Mahomes will be a better qb without Hill.
I don't think Hill believed that at all and there wasn't any hostility in the locker room because of Hill. He's saying shit for his podcast. He's being an idiot now, but I guarantee he wasn't saying anything like that while he was with us.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:27 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:

He was fine here and this narrative is stupid. He was going to sign here before the Raiders gave Adams $28 mil/yr. The Chiefs weren't willing to go that high, so that's why he isn't here. Has nothing to do with him not being in the spotlight and 100% has to do with money.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:01 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't think Hill believed that at all and there wasn't any hostility in the locker room because of Hill. He's saying shit for his podcast. He's being an idiot now, but I guarantee he wasn't saying anything like that while he was with us.
Hill and his agent both were spouting that he was not utilized enough. Hill is a diva that Andy Reid managed phenomenally.

This is how they felt. Did he say it while he was here? He did get a lot of balls forced to him that ended in tip drill ints or fumbles. He did set the franchise record for receptions.

Hill was force fed the ball, and he and his agent still have the need to go public and say it wasn't enough.

Rosenhaus isn't going to make himself look like an idiot and spout patently untrue things that they did not really believe or feel for an upstart shitty little podcast. He said those things because that's how they felt.
[Reply]
FAX 04:41 PM 08-19-2022
The one thing that could ensure a successful year for Mahomes and the receivers is an effective, consistently threatening run game.

I wish we had one of those.

FAX THE ASPIRANT
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up