ModSocks 01:38 PM 07-20-2022
Spoiler alert!

Everyone dies!
[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 PM 07-20-2022
LFG
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 07-20-2022
So are we gonna get the Battle Above the Godseye?

Gotta figure we will eventually. But it'll have to be a bit coming.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 07-20-2022
Though without spoiling anything - Either they took serious liberties with the source material or they've done some really odd staging in how they set off the respective characters in that preview.

Or maybe I've just forgotten how that whole thing went down. But I really don't think so.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:32 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So are we gonna get the Battle Above the Godseye?
We riot if they don't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:33 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We riot if they don't.
They pretty much skipped Whispering Wood...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:39 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They pretty much skipped Whispering Wood...
It would have been cool to see Jaime cut down three knights on his way to confront Robb, but otherwise we didn't miss out on a ton. The Young Wolf outsmarted the Lannister forces. Up until the Red Wedding, that was basically the whole of that portion of the War of the Five Kings.

I think you've got to show the Battle Over the God's Eye since it removes two major players from both sides, as well as two dragons.

I understand that they may skimp out based on budget constraints, though. That would be disappointing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:51 PM 07-20-2022
It would have been cool to see Jaime cut down three knights on his way to confront Robb, but otherwise we didn't miss out on a ton. The Young Wolf outsmarted the Lannister forces. Up until the Red Wedding, that was basically the whole of that portion of the War of the Five Kings.

I think you've got to show the Battle Over the God's Eye since it removes two major players from both sides, as well as two dragons.

I understand that they may skimp out based on budget constraints, though. That would be disappointing.
Budget is the big worry.

If you're gonna do that, you've gotta do it really well. And to do it really well it would be extremely expensive.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:33 PM 07-20-2022
I've had Fire and Blood for a while now. It seemed less of a story and moreover a retelling, which turned me off.

Should I make an effort to burn through it before this show drops?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 07-20-2022
I've had Fire and Blood for a while now. It seemed less of a story and moreover a retelling, which turned me off.

{shrug}

Not sure it's worth the trouble. The series is likely going to do it justice. GRRM isn't exactly writing anything gripping these days anyway and as a prequel you're mostly getting some fan service and backstory to a conclusion you already know.

The visuals would be more interesting than the story, even if the TV version doesn't exactly match the story version.

Nah - I wouldn't worry about it. If they aren't carbon copies, who cares? And HBO isn't likely to skimp on detail given that they have a limited runway and if they can stretch this into more seasons rather than fewer, all the better to make some money off it.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:37 PM 07-20-2022

I doubt it makes much difference. There's been a lot of talk about Fire and Blood 2 but he can't seem to focus on any one project long enough to finish it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:43 PM 07-20-2022
Is there any reason to be optimistic about this? GOT left such a bad taste in my mouth it's really hard to get even a bit excited.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:02 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Is there any reason to be optimistic about this?
Dragons.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 37
1 234511 > Last »
Up