Munson 05:11 PM 04-18-2022

[Reply]
listopencil 05:52 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by Snica:
It was OK. Kinda meh.
^
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:21 AM 07-17-2022
Only a trash place like Disney would make Thor weak. They made Buzz Lightyear a fudge packer.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:56 PM 07-17-2022
I thought it was pretty meh. On par with The Batman but not as good as Doctor Strange 2 when comparing the last 3 superhero movies.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:16 PM 07-17-2022
Went and saw this yesterday. It was ok, enjoyable and forgettable at the same time. 7/10
[Reply]
tmax63 04:48 PM 07-18-2022
Saw it today and was very unimpressed. One of the few movies I seen in the last couple of years that I was diappointed in. Someone is killing gods, gods don't care and ex gets to play with the hammer. They could of done better.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:57 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I haven't hated a movie that much in a looong time. The first 75% of the movie is just a bunch of dumb bits that may or may not tie-in to the horrible plot.

I wanted to walk out during the Zeus scene but my girlfriend wanted to ride it out.
The Zeus scene almost ruined the movie.

In fact, I think it kinda did. Just an overall goofy ass movie. The last Thor movie was much better.

I gave it a 6/10.

Was I pissed I spent $ to see at theatre? Not really. Did I feel like I got my $ worth like I did seeing Top Gun Maverick? Absolutely not.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:24 PM 07-24-2022
I thought it was enjoyable even though it wasn't a faithful God Butcher adaptation in tone or plot.

I did enjoy the bits about Thor pining for Mjolnir and a scorned Stormbreaker. Hemsworth is always great. The action was good. Probably one too many goat screams.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:27 PM 07-24-2022
I wish they'd have found a way to include young Thor, Avengers Thor, and old Thor to fight Gorr like in the comic.

Or a shot of Thor holding Mjolnir and Stormbreaker while infected by the All-Black Necrosword.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:36 PM 07-30-2022
God this movie was bad. Way too much CGI. Shit is just cartoony looking. I hate the direction the MCU is going.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:15 PM 07-30-2022
This was a pretty forgettable film. I took my kids to see it and while they enjoyed it, I couldn't answer them on the way home what my favorite part was. I just couldn't think of anything.

Christian Bale was criminally under utilized in this film.

People comparing this film to Ragnarok, which had a thousand times better cast and story are just being foolish.

What do you get when you take the cast of Ragnarok, and trade Loki, Hulk, Odin, and Hela for Jane Foster/Lady Thor and 5 scenes with Christian Bale?

You get a pretty subpar, goofy ass movie that nobody remembers in a few hours after seeing it.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:15 PM 08-10-2022
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Glzjyj...4qkVfV&index=6
[Reply]
Bowser 08:33 PM 08-10-2022
Yeah, basically.

The further away from this movie I get, the more I really, really hate it. So, SO many missed opportunities in two hours. For as much good and fun Ragnarok was, and for the life Waititi breathed back into the character of Thor in that movie, the exact opposite is true with Love and Thunder. This was a mail in effort that isn't even that good. The whole movie tries to make fun of itself the entire way through, and Christian Bale is completely wasted in an effort like this.

Also, Jason Aaron's story of Gorr in the Thor comics was damned near a perfect comic book story - I highly recommend checking it out if you never have. They take that story in this movie and shit all over it, then set it on fire. Just an absolutely wasted opportunity to tell that story, and a waste of what should have been one of the MCU's greatest villains.

TL;DR - fuck this movie
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:35 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, basically.

The further away from this movie I get, the more I really, really hate it. So, SO many missed opportunities in two hours. For as much good and fun Ragnarok was, and for the life Waititi breathed back into the character of Thor in that movie, the exact opposite is true with Love and Thunder. This was a mail in effort that isn't even that good. The whole movie tries to make fun of itself the entire way through, and Christian Bale is completely wasted in an effort like this.

Also, Jason Aaron's story of Gorr in the Thor comics was damned near a perfect comic book story - I highly recommend checking it out if you never have. They take that story in this movie and shit all over it, then set it on fire. Just an absolutely wasted opportunity to tell that story, and a waste of what should have been one of the MCU's greatest villains.

TL;DR - fuck this movie
It was bad, yeah. It wasn't really ever sure what kind of movie it wanted to be. It also should have focused much more on Bale's character.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:39 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It was bad, yeah. Should have focused much more on Bale's character.
Totally agree. For all the things that are so very wrong with this film, Bale is absolutely NOT one of them. If ever they decide to recon this specific film (pipe dream, I know), Bale should absolutely be brought back as Gorr. He needed twice the screen time he got.

I saw a quick interview with Taika and Hemsworth where they were talking about how the original cut was nearly 4 hours long (!) and how they had to take so much time whittling it down to what it was. I will admit I'm a bit curious of that cut, but I'm also kind of not for fear of it being two more hours of fart jokes and highlighting how incompetent Thor is.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:36 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Totally agree. For all the things that are so very wrong with this film, Bale is absolutely NOT one of them. If ever they decide to recon this specific film (pipe dream, I know), Bale should absolutely be brought back as Gorr. He needed twice the screen time he got.

I saw a quick interview with Taika and Hemsworth where they were talking about how the original cut was nearly 4 hours long (!) and how they had to take so much time whittling it down to what it was. I will admit I'm a bit curious of that cut, but I'm also kind of not for fear of it being two more hours of fart jokes and highlighting how incompetent Thor is.
It was like a caricature of itself. It seemed like Taika was trying to make this 100% comedy. Even the GOTG looked stupid as fuck.

Also have I mentioned how much I hated the CGI. It's way too much. Too many bright colors.

I hated everything about this movie and rank it behind all the other Thor movies. It's sad, because IW Thor was such a bad ass and I absolutely love Thor. I also hated his costume. Too bright. I was so excited for this movie until about 10 minutes into the movie.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up