ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Thor: Love and Thunder
Munson 05:11 PM 04-18-2022

[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:05 PM 04-18-2022
Look like a fun movie and maybe a swan song for Hemsworth playing Thor?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:06 PM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Look like a fun movie and maybe a swan song for Hemsworth playing Thor?
Only if he's sick of it. I thought I read he had or was considering signing on for the long haul as Thor.

They're smashing two all-time great Thor comic stories into this movie - Jane Foster-Thor and Gorr the God Butcher. Both are amazing, and the YT channel Comics Explained breaks down both stories well if you want to learn about them. I'm super curious as to how Taika will meld these stories together, but I have faith it'll turn out pretty damned well.
[Reply]
wazu 07:04 AM 04-19-2022
The trailer looks absolutely terrible. I felt like his character was utterly destroyed in End Game. He's basically purely comic relief now. Looks like this movie tries to turn his comic relief character into a full movie about seemingly nothing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:07 AM 04-19-2022
I know basically nothing of Gorr the God Butcher but he sounds fucking awesome
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:22 AM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
The trailer looks absolutely terrible. I felt like his character was utterly destroyed in End Game. He's basically purely comic relief now. Looks like this movie tries to turn his comic relief character into a full movie about seemingly nothing.
It's just a teaser trailer; there isn't much to judge. All we can really see is that Thor will get back into shape, spend some time with the Guardians, and we'll see a variant Jane Foster Thor.

Like it or not, comedic relief Thor is the most popular version. Thor was just OK and Dark World is pretty universally considered one of the worst MCU films to date. Meanwhile, Ragnarok is easily considered the best Thor flick.

This is the direction they had to go to make the character more entertaining to the widest audience.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:37 AM 04-19-2022
I’m amazed at how many comic book movies are made and they are still huge successes. I thought these would have a limited shelf life. Looks like they’re here to stay.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:48 AM 04-19-2022
Loved the teaser and love Hemsworth he's funny and still a badass Thor.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:49 AM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's just a teaser trailer; there isn't much to judge. All we can really see is that Thor will get back into shape, spend some time with the Guardians, and we'll see a variant Jane Foster Thor.

Like it or not, comedic relief Thor is the most popular version. Thor was just OK and Dark World is pretty universally considered one of the worst MCU films to date. Meanwhile, Ragnarok is easily considered the best Thor flick.

This is the direction they had to go to make the character more entertaining to the widest audience.
Thor 1 was ok...Thor 2 not great. Ragnarok is one of my favorite MCU movies. I don't know anyone that dislikes this Thor.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:50 AM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I know basically nothing of Gorr the God Butcher but he sounds fucking awesome
It's a pretty big deal that they got Bale for this role. He was pretty much anti comic stuff after Batman.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:59 AM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Thor 1 was ok...Thor 2 not great. Ragnarok is one of my favorite MCU movies. I don't know anyone that dislikes this Thor.
Any time you diverge from the source material, there's a good chance it'll piss a lot of people off. I enjoy comic relief MCU Thor, but he is very different from the comic book versions of Thor in my admittedly limited experience.

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
It's a pretty big deal that they got Bale for this role. He was pretty much anti comic stuff after Batman.
I actually didn't even know they cast Bale until today when I was Googling Gorr. I'm not a fan of Bale but I can't deny that he is a good actor.

And "the God Butcher" just sounds so fucking awesome. Loved that shot of Thor looking worriedly at the killed behemoth god.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:03 PM 04-19-2022
In before:

OMG!!! Marvel is woke now with a female Thor!!!

and

Marvel is garbage. I don't know why anyone likes this crap. /Sully1983 and BWillie
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:13 PM 04-19-2022
That's a badass fur cloak Thor is sporting too
[Reply]
staylor26 01:37 PM 04-19-2022
Taika Waititi has my full trust after Ragnarok, which is easily a top 3 MCU movie for me.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:25 PM 04-19-2022
I can definitely understand the concerns some people have with nerfing and sidelining Thor in End Game, but he was bad-fucking-ass in Ragnarok and Infinity War. He kicked Hulk's ass, had the best entrance in any MCU movie to date, and would have killed Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet had he not been a cocky douche.

Obviously this is a no-go with Iron Man being out, but I'd love to see a no nonsense version of Thor like his encounter with Tony in Civil War. Feel free to click the link to follow the whole panel but I'll bold the important bits.

https://comicnewbies.com/2018/06/27/...ost-civil-war/

[Reply]
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Up