ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 33
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
Bowser 07:22 PM 06-03-2022
Nurse Chappel is hot as fuck, even more so when decked out in her civvies. And apparently, she's an unapologetic slut as well. New favorite character located!

Yeah this episode throttled back significantly, but it was still enjoyable enough.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:13 AM 06-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Having somebody be bi isn't having Discovery creep into it. Discovery is a complete pile of garbage for many reasons that go well beyond what sexual orientation anybody is. S4 of that show might actually be the worst full season of television I've ever seen
Geezz New Worlds is already light years ahead of Discovery. Not even close.

Weren't gay or Bi in the original Star Trek timeline of the series? Being gay was illegal in the western world. You were thrown in jail or made to take drugs to stop your gay "urges:. So of course they didn't show that on TV in the original series.

The whole Klingon V. Federation was a way to talk about Russian v USA. The half white/half black face episode was about racism in this country. I could go on and on about episodes that people would consider "woke" these days.

I believe this series is making a sincere attempt to make a 2022 version of the original 1960's series. For the most part its working. 4 episodes in, its already the best Star Trek TV series since the original.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:16 AM 06-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nurse Chappel is hot as ****, even more so when decked out in her civvies. And apparently, she's an unapologetic slut as well. New favorite character located!
I'd much rather see Nurse Chappel rolling around in bed with another hot women than seeing Spock in bed with a women. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 12:14 PM 06-04-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, the last episode was definitely a step back. While it wasn't horrible, and was clearly going for light-hearted laughs after the Gorn episode, it definitely had some Discovery creep to it. Apparently Chapel is bi, and it's pretty obvious that the butch helmsman chick has the hots for her. Similar vibe developing between Number One and the security officer.

This show is so promising. Don't want to see it devolve into woke shit. :-)
I think you are being too hard on it. You must not like hijinks. I enjoyed it, the humor was well done. It was a good counterpoint to the previous Memorial Day episode. The diplomatic solution was right in line with a classic ST:TOS mentality. I think you'll look back at this one with fondness. Or at least more appreciation than, say, Spock's Brain.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:17 PM 06-04-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I think you are being too hard on it. You must not like hijinks. I enjoyed it, the humor was well done. It was a good counterpoint to the previous Memorial Day episode. The diplomatic solution was right in line with a classic ST:TOS mentality. I think you'll look back at this one with fondness. Or at least more appreciation than, say, Spock's Brain.
I'm still holding out for a good old fashioned evenly-matched space battle.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:07 PM 06-04-2022
Honestly...I enjoyed it, even with the entendre abound.

They would have to go full on Discovery to make me hate it. I enjoyed the whole Enterprise Bingo scenes....and the light hearted nature after the intense last episode.

Of course...in the old days I was probably one of the few people that enjoyed the Tribble episode.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:28 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nurse Chappel is hot as ****, even more so when decked out in her civvies. And apparently, she's an unapologetic slut as well. New favorite character located!

Yeah this episode throttled back significantly, but it was still enjoyable enough.
Having the name Jess Bush makes it hard to find nudes :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:56 PM 06-06-2022
Well, the last episode was definitely a step back. While it wasn't horrible, and was clearly going for light-hearted laughs after the Gorn episode, it definitely had some Discovery creep to it. Apparently Chapel is bi, and it's pretty obvious that the butch helmsman chick has the hots for her. Similar vibe developing between Number One and the security officer.

This show is so promising. Don't want to see it devolve into woke shit. :-)
I think it was more of a clearing the air episode, and I really enjoyed the laid back nature of it.

I don't see the lunacy of Discovery at work. The actual writing and story are far too good, even with a breather episode, than anything Discovery even attempted to do.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:22 PM 06-09-2022
The latest episode was better, albeit more than a bit dark. Also got to see the Enterprise kick a bit of alien spaceship ass.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:52 AM 06-10-2022
Good episode. I enjoyed that 'fuck I really need a stiff drink after that' moment at the end.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:23 AM 06-11-2022
Lindy Booth is pretty nice looking....she can take me prisoner anytime.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:59 AM 06-11-2022
I can't quite recall (mostly because I try to put much of Discovery out of my mind at all times), but that might have been the first episode of live action Trek since Enterprise with a central premise that raised a moral/ethical quandary of that sort. Not exactly new ground for the franchise as a whole, but it's good to see that they are still doing those.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:19 AM 06-11-2022
I'm so damn happy with this REAL Star Trek they've finally given us.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:40 PM 06-12-2022
Rewatched Dune today. Realized that the doctor from SNW also played Jamis.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:05 PM 06-13-2022
Rewatched Dune today. Realized that the doctor from SNW also played Jamis.
Interesting. We rewatched Dune on Saturday.

Noticed the same thing.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 33
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up