ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hue Jackson Joins the Fun
comochiefsfan 01:18 PM 02-02-2022

Hue Jackson suggests he was paid extra for losses as Browns head coach. https://t.co/NZJv37PwkP

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 2, 2022

This is getting spicy.
[Reply]
TLO 10:31 PM 04-22-2022
Nobody:

rabblerouser:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
People actually think DeShaun makes Cleveland an immediate contender :-)

[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:35 AM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
Nobody:

rabblerouser:
https://clutchpoints.com/3-reasons-t...wl-contenders/
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:46 AM 04-23-2022
They're ****ed.
The other NFL owners probably want to hammer Haslem for the Watson contract, so maybe.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:07 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The other NFL owners probably want to hammer Haslem for the Watson contract, so maybe.
Haslam, Ross, and Snyder are all in deep shit.

Wouldn't surprise me if the NFL had a trio of new owners within a year or two.
[Reply]
TEX 04:46 PM 04-28-2022
People actually think DeShaun makes Cleveland an immediate contender :-)
Explain how it doesn't. They have a stacked roster and a good HC. Now they have a very good QB. So they'll be better for it imo. But convince me that I'm wrong. And I'm hoping you can.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:47 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Explain how it doesn't. They have a stacked roster and a good HC. Now they have a very good QB. So they'll be better for it imo. But convince me that I'm wrong. And I'm hoping you can.
1. They're the Browns, they are a shit organization and have shit ownership.

2. They had a "stacked roster" last year and the year before. Same soup reheated. They had OBJ and Landry and Chubb and Kareem and Njoku and they almost fucked around and beat us in that AFC Divisional a couple years ago. And that was their peak. They've been broken ever since. You can't buy team chemistry. You can't trade for it and give it more money than anyone else. You have to draft it and let it alchemicalize.

3. Watson has some numbers, but I've never thought much of him as a leader. I mean, he sure didn't respond when we beat the fucking SLEEVES off of the Texans in the playoffs the year we won the SB - fuck, i don't think he's touched a football in a truly meaningful moment since the first half of that game.

We broke him and the entire Texans franchise. He may be "a good QB", but Baker Mayfield is also a "good QB."

Same old fucking Browns.

PROMISE.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:22 PM 05-03-2022
Hue was getting paid to tank.

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/05/...r-plan-bonuses

Between this and Haslem’s Pilot/Flying J fraud, he should get the banhammer.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:50 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Hue was getting paid to tank.

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/05/...r-plan-bonuses

Between this and Haslem’s Pilot/Flying J fraud, he should get the banhammer.
It doesn't really read like an incentive to lose, it reads like an incentive to manage the team better.

"Attain 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds" is an incentive for creating better draft capital.

Had it said, "attain 5 picks within the top 10 of each round, for the 1st 3 rounds" THAT would be an incentive to lose.

Same with the cap incentives. It's an incentive to build a cap friendly roster. That doesn't necessarily mean a losing roster.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:07 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It doesn't really read like an incentive to lose, it reads like an incentive to manage the team better.

"Attain 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds" is an incentive for creating better draft capital.

Had it said, "attain 5 picks within the top 10 of each round, for the 1st 3 rounds" THAT would be an incentive to lose.

Same with the cap incentives. It's an incentive to build a cap friendly roster. That doesn't necessarily mean a losing roster.
I'm not surprised at all that's how your brain twists that thing.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:17 PM 05-11-2022
I can't speak about Hue Jackson but has anything been proven on that ex Miami Dolphins coach being paid by their owner $100k for every loss?

Everything about that seems so far fetched and full of shit. The Dolphins' owner has made billions of dollars from making huge real estate deals spanning decades. Its pretty laughably to think Stephen Ross would risk it all to throw some games for his NFL team. Also, where is the paper trail? Evidence? Was there some off share bank account ?

Just seems completely baseless and it only gets more laughable that Flores is suing the NFL all while currently having a coaching job for an NFL team.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:45 PM 05-11-2022

Dude you just defined getting paid to tank without saying "your getting paid to tank".
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:02 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dude you just defined getting paid to tank without saying "your getting paid to tank".
Detoxing also justfied voting for someone who helped her political party rig their own primary, if that helps you understand how he's just able to do that all willy-nilly like...
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 05-16-2022
Detoxing also justfied voting for someone who helped her political party rig their own primary, if that helps you understand how he's just able to do that all willy-nilly like...
What?

:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:09 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Ah.

Brett Veach just acquired 6 picks in the top 3 rounds and currently sits on a cap friendly roster.

We call that being a good GM.

The Browns would've rewarded him handsomely for his tanking.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:14 PM 05-16-2022
Ah.

Brett Veach just acquired 6 picks in the top 3 rounds and currently sits on a cap friendly roster.

We call that being a good GM.

The Browns would've rewarded him handsomely for his tanking.
Hue Jackson wasn't a fucking GM, though.

Hue Jackson was the HC.

So...why in the fuck would the head coach get incentives for higher draft picks?

No one is as dumb as you are pretending to be right now, except for -King- and looneiguana.

Tell me you're trolling with that comment about Veach. Tell me you're not that fucking stupid.

Let us know you aren't almost fucking brain dead. Give us a sign of life, please 🙏 FFS
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up