ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hue Jackson Joins the Fun
comochiefsfan 01:18 PM 02-02-2022

Hue Jackson suggests he was paid extra for losses as Browns head coach. https://t.co/NZJv37PwkP

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 2, 2022

This is getting spicy.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:10 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
No such animal.

The NFL doesn't even pretend to have legitimate sporting contests and have said as much to the Supreme Court.

You're essentially betting on the Royal Rumble.
I've seen this mentioned before but have never read any actual evidence. Have you read it? Could you point me towards it?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:12 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I've seen this mentioned before but have never read any actual evidence. Have you read it? Could you point me towards it?
https://www.thefixisin.net/the-proof-5-facts

And it wasn't the Supreme Court, but The U.S. 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals' - the guy tried to appeal to the Supreme Court, but they literally couldn't be bothered and tossed it before it got that far...

EDIT : the NFL DID argue to the Supreme Court that their status as Sports Entertainment entitled them to their antitrust protction just prior to the 2011 lockout : https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4822872
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:13 PM 02-02-2022
lmao that blackops was vindicated and fully exonerated a

absolutely brain breaking shit lol
[Reply]
DRM08 07:16 PM 02-02-2022

And it wasn't the Supreme Court, but The U.S. 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals' - the guy tried to appeal to the Supreme Court, but they literally couldn't be bothered and tossed it before it got that far...
To be fair, in the grand scheme of things...I don't blame the Supreme Court for tossing it. There are more important things in the world to deal with than addressing the gambling corruption of sports.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:21 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
To be fair, in the grand scheme of things...I don't blame the Supreme Court for tossing it. There are more important things in the world to deal with than addressing the gambling corruption of sports.
They just didn't want to touch it, same as when the NFL argued to the Supreme Court that their status as Sports Entertainment entitled them to their antitrust protection just prior to the 2011 lockout : https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4822872

The Supreme Court didn't want to open that nasty can of worms at ALL.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:22 PM 02-02-2022
It's actually from Brian Tuohy : https://www.thefixisin.net/

I'm sure lots of people have copied and pasted it, since it's becoming more common knowledge that the NFL manipulates its games, but the information in there is from the FBI files made available from the freedom of information act.

So, I'm sure it's found its way to several websites - it doesn't change the veracity of the information.

You are wrong.

The NFL has a specific antitrust in regards to its sports entertainment status. The only other pro sports entity with the same antitrust is the WWE - those are irrefutable facts.

Have a good evening.
WWE doesn't have an anti trust exemption.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:23 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
WWE doesn't have an anti trust exemption.
I don't fucking care what you think.

You lost.

It's over.

The NFL is rigged.

You were wrong.

Now go fuck yourself, Sally.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:23 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
lmao that blackops was vindicated and fully exonerated a

absolutely brain breaking shit lol
Vindication is sweet.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:26 PM 02-02-2022
They just didn't want to touch it, same as when the NFL argued to the Supreme Court that their status as Sports Entertainment entitled them to their antitrust protection just prior to the 2011 lockout : https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4822872

The Supreme Court didn't want to open that nasty can of worms at ALL.
I don't blame them. If you think the mafia is heavily influencing the NFL or other sports leagues, the judges would be fools to open that can of worms. Begging for assassination.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:34 PM 02-02-2022

EDIT : the NFL DID argue to the Supreme Court that their status as Sports Entertainment entitled them to their antitrust protction just prior to the 2011 lockout : https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4822872
Yeah, but in the Jets fan case, I still don't see where it was ever argued by NFL lawyers that it was entertainment. The Court just basically said it's on the league to punish individual teams for cheating.

The NFL has argued to the Supreme Court that it should be treated as one Entertainment entity, but the article is saying that's for marketing and sales purposes. Nothing to do with the on-field product.

Your posts earlier claimed that when there was backlash from fans, the NFL basically threw their hand up in Court and said, "Don't blame us, we're just sports Entertainment, you can't expect us to offer you a fair on-field product."

That was very misleading of you, unless I'm just not understanding the ESPN article and Rueters article you posted earlier.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:35 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don't blame them. If you think the mafia is heavily influencing the NFL or other sports leagues, the judges would be fools to open that can of worms. Begging for assassination.
Yeah. The Supreme Court was like, "this isn't our problem - you created this monster, YOU figure it out."

And just like you said, I don't think anyone can blame them.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:38 PM 02-02-2022
I don't ****ing care what you think.

You lost.

It's over.

The NFL is rigged.

You were wrong.

Now go **** yourself, Sally.
The drug addict who makes thinks up is wrong and can't read actual legal definitions for shit.

Major League Baseball is the only sport league that has a true anti trust exemption. NFL has limited anti trust exemptions through the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961.

No wonder your ex wife won't let you see your kid. Your brain dead from all the drugs.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:44 PM 02-02-2022
I still don't understand how this shows the league to be rigged. Flores is claiming he was told by the GM, at the time, that Stephen Ross was mad that Flores was winning and compromising their draft position.

So, an individual owner offering money to a coach to lose games, to better their draft position...assumedly because they want the most talented player available...in a league that is rigged?

Why would they need to try and get the most talented player if it's all rigged anyways?

I'm just trying to follow the thought process.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:45 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Yeah, but in the Jets fan case, I still don't see where it was ever argued by NFL lawyers that it was entertainment. The Court just basically said it's on the league to punish individual teams for cheating.

The NFL has argued to the Supreme Court that it should be treated as one Entertainment entity, but the article is saying that's for marketing and sales purposes. Nothing to do with the on-field product.

Your posts earlier claimed that when there was backlash from fans, the NFL basically threw their hand up in Court and said, "Don't blame us, we're just sports Entertainment, you can't expect us to offer you a fair on-field product."

That was very misleading of you, unless I'm just not understanding the ESPN article and Rueters article you posted earlier.
The NFL never said a fucking thing, their lawyers did, and it was tantamount to them saying exactly that - the lack of culpability combined with no laws to prevent them from doing exactly that would lead anyone to believe it, but the fact that they ARE sports entertainment is a fairly good indicator that they at best leave a lot of "wiggle room" for what may or may not be "rigged" or "manipulated".

Finally, now that we have former coaches and former players who have literally said "the games aren't decided on the field", I mean...these are Hall of Famers and Super Bowl MVPs. Tim Brown. Jerry Rice. Dick Butkus. Dwight Smith. Ray Lewis. Terrell Suggs. Bubba Smith.

It's sports entertainment, and the shit is so obviously rigged, I can fucking see through it Tim. First time was the Colts playoff game in January 2014 - that's when I started looking for it, after that game. The two things that were suspicious to me where when the Colts defender "recovered" the Alex Smith fumble while out of bounds...and how the Colts defenders were allowed to DPI our receivers in the 4th qtr to help facilitate their "comeback." I rewatched the game, and in the intro, the announcers were all "Andrew Luck has more 4th qtr comebacks than any in xx amount of games - will we see his comeback fireworks on display tonight? Get ready for the NFL Wild Card playoffs from Indianapolis!!" And I went...okay then.

The SF and Arizona games in 2014 were suspect...

then came that prime time game vs Denver in 2015. Peyton Manning, Denver's oline were allowed to tackle and manhandle Hali, DJ, and Houston. And then...in the span of 40 some seconds, we went from having a 7 point lead to being behind by 7 and losing the game. And I just...could see it.

The playoff games, the Pittsburgh playoff game...yeah, that's the game that finally got Reid to draft Mahomes, okay great. But it was still bullshit officiating. And then...the "forward progress" game. It's easy to point at Triplette and that shit call...but good GOD did that offense go colder than a witch's tit after going up huge. JUST. LIKE. SUNDAY.
[Reply]
straycash 07:47 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The drug addict who makes thinks up is wrong and can't read actual legal definitions for shit.

Major League Baseball is the only sport league that has a true anti trust exemption. NFL has limited anti trust exemptions through the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961.

No wonder your ex wife won't let you see your kid. Your brain dead from all the drugs.

He has more sperm cells and more productive brain cells than youll ever ejaculate, I bet you're clean as a whistle you should give politics a go

Your and idiot
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up