ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hue Jackson Joins the Fun
comochiefsfan 01:18 PM 02-02-2022

Hue Jackson suggests he was paid extra for losses as Browns head coach. https://t.co/NZJv37PwkP

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 2, 2022

This is getting spicy.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:19 PM 02-02-2022
He must be loaded then.
[Reply]
nychief 01:20 PM 02-02-2022
If owners are bribing their coaches to throw games...they should be stripped of their teams. There needs to be huge investigation - including what aspects of the gambling world could have had this knowledge. It's disgusting.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:21 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
If owners are bribing their coaches to throw games...they should be stripped of their teams. There needs to be huge investigation - including what aspects of the gambling world could have had this knowledge. It's disgusting.
Anybody who bet on Dolphins or Browns games would have grounds to file a lawsuit. No?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:22 PM 02-02-2022
The man has a Hue Jackson for coming out on this
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:22 PM 02-02-2022
All that will happen is the NFL will send out some edict that if a team is caught tanking games they will forfeit draft picks.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:23 PM 02-02-2022
Anyone betting on a team in the running for a top 5 draft pick is retarded.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:24 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
All that will happen is the NFL will send out some edict that if a team is caught tanking games they will forfeit draft picks.
Not good enough. Especially in the age of widespread gambling.

I would never put another cent on a Miami or Cleveland game as long as Ross and Haslam were the owners.

Serious accountability needs to happen for anyone to be satisfied that this issue is being resolved.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:25 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Anybody who bet on Dolphins or Browns games would have grounds to file a lawsuit. No?
No you moron. Gambling is a risk. There is no legal grounds.

The stupidity never ceases to amaze.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:27 PM 02-02-2022
Stupid Browns ownership… Hue Jackson proved he can easily lose games for free without any extra incentive.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:29 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Not good enough. Especially in the age of widespread gambling.

I would never put another cent on a Miami or Cleveland game as long as Ross and Haslam were the owners.

Serious accountability needs to happen for anyone to be satisfied that this issue is being resolved.
Especially when the NFL is in the process integrating directly with gambling on football games.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:34 PM 02-02-2022
Haley did it too..:-)
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:34 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
No you moron. Gambling is a risk. There is no legal grounds.

The stupidity never ceases to amaze.
I'm sorry, so even if what I'm betting on is blatantly rigged against me against my knowledge, there's nothing I can do about it because it's a "risk"?

For instance. I'm well aware that the house has a slight edge when I'm playing Blackjack. I know that the odds are against me and I choose to play anyway. That's a risk. Now if the house is manipulating the deck or rigging the game further to ensure the dealer always wins, that goes beyond risk and into illegal activity.

If I bet on an NFL game that is presented as a legitimate sporting contest, I know I might lose. That's a risk. If the game being played was intentionally rigged without my knowledge though, that's illegal. I didn't have extremely relevant information when my action was taken.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure a good lawyer would rip your "risk" argument to pieces.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:35 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
Why would you be surprised? Fans have signs that say "TANK FOR TUA" or "SUCK FOR LUCK" etc.

I don't understand how this is surprising. Perhaps the NFL should re-consider just giving the #1 draft pick no matter what to the worst team. It rewards this type of behavior.

We routinely see good players benched or "shut down" on 2-12 teams and lack of effort on those squads. This is probably the least surprising news I can imagine.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:35 PM 02-02-2022
The implications of this are pretty massive if true
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up