ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Missouri will have a normal State Fair.
HonestChieffan 10:19 AM 03-22-2021

JUST ANNOUNCED: State Fair staff and superintendents are making plans to bring back a traditional Missouri State Fair, Aug. 12-22, in Sedalia. Read more here https://t.co/klUKWpMnNl

— Missouri State Fair (@MoStateFair) March 22, 2021

Slowly but surely we will open back up in spite of the Mayors decrees in KC and StL
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:48 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So concerts from the Oak Ridge Boys and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band?
I'm hoping for smashmouth
[Reply]
oldman 11:52 AM 03-22-2021
We should be well on our way back to normal by that time if everyone does their bit over the next couple of months. Get the shot(s), wear your mask for a bit longer, and be responsible.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:54 AM 03-22-2021
I have a confession.

I don't like most county fair food. I'm not into fried pickles or funnel cakes, and I can't stand cotton candy. Those big turkey drumsticks are fine, but they're more sustenance than fun. I do like snow cones, but that's about it.
[Reply]
Fish 11:58 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have a confession.

I don't like most county fair food. I'm not into fried pickles or funnel cakes, and I can't stand cotton candy. Those big turkey drumsticks are fine, but they're more sustenance than fun. I do like snow cones, but that's about it.
This place is a guilty pleasure of mine:

Cannot resist.
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:58 AM 03-22-2021
I have a confession.

Iowa State Fair is all about the food.
And it is all deep fat fried. In fact two years ago the rage was deep fat fried butter. Sounds fattening but good
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:05 PM 03-22-2021
Deep fried butter
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:08 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So concerts from the Oak Ridge Boys and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band?
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
I'm hoping for smashmouth
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:24 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
"Normal"
some guy behind a curtain pressing hamburger patties with his arm pit
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:54 PM 03-22-2021
I have a confession.

Two really great eats at Mo Fair is the Beef House run by the Cattlemens Assn, Steaks and Burgers...hell of a line starting about 1030 am And The Pork Producers Building, great chops, pulled pork, and porkburgers.

Ice Cream at the Dairy building but again long lines

Cold beer all over
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:11 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
And it is all deep fat fried. In fact two years ago the rage was deep fat fried butter. Sounds fattening but good
I would agree with you that deep fat fried butter sounds fattening. In fact, other than the raw whale blubber that's served at the county fairs in northern Alaska, I can't think of anything more fattening.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:19 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
MInnesota is worse. Hardly anything ag related there-just food.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:28 PM 03-22-2021
I went to a county fair a few years back to say hi to an acquaintance. He was a volunteer who judged entries in the crafts contest. When they did the judging, he would look at the pieces (like crocheted stuff), pick them up, study them from different angles, and then declare a winner. He had no background or experience with the crafts that he was judging so I have no idea what he was basing his decisions on. While I have no reason to doubt his integrity, it seemed like the process was structurally very vulnerable to corruption.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:34 PM 03-22-2021
I went to a county fair a few years back to say hi to an acquaintance. He was a volunteer who judged entries in the crafts contest. When they did the judging, he would look at the pieces (like crocheted stuff), pick them up, study them from different angles, and then declare a winner. He had no background or experience with the crafts that he was judging so I have no idea what he was basing his decisions on. While I have no reason to doubt his integrity, it seemed like the process was structurally very vulnerable to corruption.

The casting couch at the county fair is covered in doilies...and the tears of little old ladies who've just found out what it takes to make it in the harsh world of competitive needlepoint.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:40 PM 03-22-2021
Everything should be a full go. No excuse
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:47 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:

Slowly but surely we will open back up in spite of the Mayors decrees in KC and StL
You do recognize that the so called mayoral decree in St. Louis is actually more lenient than the surrounding suburbs, correct?

Or does that not fit your narrative?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up