ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Predator Reboot
Tribal Warfare 07:45 PM 11-21-2020

Director of the just announced #Predator reboot, Dan Trachtenberg, reveals he's been working on the project for four years!https://t.co/ItacWhliVb pic.twitter.com/LahwYTRTAx

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) November 21, 2020

#Prey will have a Comanche dub when it releases: https://t.co/tkuIvUZNmr

— The Illuminerdi (@The_Illuminerdi) July 22, 2022

[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 04:50 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I guess I don't really understand the consternation over the hero being female. Is it an entertaining movie? If so, who gives a shit if the main character is a woman?

No. Having it be a woman is an attack on all hetero sexual Christian men because.... Reasons..
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:36 PM 08-08-2022
I guess I don't really understand the consternation over the hero being female. Is it an entertaining movie? If so, who gives a shit if the main character is a woman?

Hollywood does. And they've said so publicly. Take a look at Kennedy and Star Wars for an obvious example, or the female Ghostbusters, of the Chastain girl power hero movie, etc...
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 06:53 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Hollywood does. And they've said so publicly. Take a look at Kennedy and Star Wars for an obvious example, or the female Ghostbusters, of the Chastain girl power hero movie, etc...
Yeah. And all of those had the same fatal flaw. They weren't good movies. And with the exception of star wars they all bombed.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:06 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Yeah. And all of those had the same fatal flaw. They weren't good movies. And with the exception of star wars they all bombed.

Ok, are we now going to be moving goalposts on this shit in this forum, too? I mean, why can't you just admit that, regardless of whether or not you or I like it, it's being done, it's impacting movies, and the increasingly obvious display of it is leading to more conversation about it?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:12 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i stand up to woke companies, period

i'm not encouraging more feminization of my favorite franchises with my dollar

next they'll make the terminator gay
Coming from one of the least masculine guys around, that’s hilarious
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:20 PM 08-08-2022
I watch movies for entertainment purposes. If it's entertaining to me, I really don't care what kind of political statement the movie companies are trying to make with casting decisions. If they fill the script with some political agenda (right or left) it ceases to be entertaining to me.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 08:21 PM 08-08-2022
I actually watched this on f movies,which streams just about everything in case you guys havent heard about it before.I did think this particular Predator had some bad-ass kills,but as mentioned earlier i didnt like his look unmasked.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:25 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I actually watched this on f movies,which streams just about everything in case you guys havent heard about it before.I did think this particular Predator had some bad-ass kills,but as mentioned earlier i didnt like his look unmasked.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:20 AM 08-09-2022

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:46 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
The Critical Drinker is always about spot on when it comes to matching the way I feel about movies. The movie was OK but so far from great.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:52 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
The Critical Drinker is always about spot on when it comes to matching the way I feel about movies. The movie was OK but so far from great.
I just love his voice intonation. And yeah, he's funny but quite poignant. I will watch this for sure, but I know what I'm in for, even if I hadn't watched his review.

I think he's pretty fair in his reviews.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:55 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The ultimate Star Wars nerd can't even pay for his own Disney+?
haven't paid for TV for years, only a fool does so
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:36 PM 08-10-2022
I watch movies for entertainment purposes. If it's entertaining to me, I really don't care what kind of political statement the movie companies are trying to make with casting decisions. If they fill the script with some political agenda (right or left) it ceases to be entertaining to me.
No offense intended here but, for the purposes of my posts, your post is irrelevant to what I was saying. I was just talking about the increasingly blatant wokeness in movies/TV leading to more conversation about that wokeness. I wasn't discussing goodness/badness, or anything else.

And here's yet another example:

Originally Posted by :
“‘House of the Dragon’ really creates a nuanced conversation of misogyny,” Alcock said. “We don’t only explore it through a level of women being shut down and the patriarchy, but also go in-depth about the internalized misogyny that women are constantly faced with, and the competitiveness. Alicent and Rhaenyra’s relationship is at the forefront of that conversation.”
Originally Posted by :
“To be a part of this is just incredible,” Carey said when discussing the role of women in the show. “We have some very fierce women in this cast. I remember the scene in the trailer when Milly just looks down the camera lens. I remember [standing] up there, watching her do this, and getting goosebumps all over. And that is when I knew that this show was different.

“This show is power,” Cared continued, squeezing Alcock’s arm in excitement. “And this woman is power.”
HBO’s ‘House of the Dragon’ Will Highlight ‘Internalized Misogyny,’ Stars Say
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:39 PM 08-10-2022
No offense intended here but, for the purposes of my posts, your post is irrelevant to what I was saying. I was just talking about the increasingly blatant wokeness in movies/TV leading to more conversation about that wokeness. I wasn't discussing goodness/badness, or anything else.

And here's yet another example:

HBO’s ‘House of the Dragon’ Will Highlight ‘Internalized Misogyny,’ Stars Say
Is internalized misogyny another idiotic phrase people are going to be spouting when they don't have anything real to be upset about? Like, "micro aggression" or "toxic masculinity"
[Reply]
unlurking 07:50 AM 08-11-2022
Is internalized misogyny another idiotic phrase people are going to be spouting when they don't have anything real to be upset about? Like, "micro aggression" or "toxic masculinity"
It's because these snowflakes can't wait to be victims. Some Russian troll convinces them that they are being attacked, and either due to a selfish sense of entitlement or a r/confidentallyincorrect belief they are members of a superior race, they have to lash out at the rest of the world. I hope the rest of the world stops tolerating the hateful bullshit and childish temper tantrums, and smacks this shit out of them soon.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up