ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 387
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Lenny "The Cool" Lounge>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:28 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Frank Clark cost; 1st, 2nd, swap 3rd with contract of $105m/63m guaranteed
Khalil Mack cost; 1st,1st,3rd,6th (Bears gets 2nd,5th back) contract $141m/90m guaranteed

Offenses don't worry about Frank Clark. They don't change their blocking scheme for Clark.

Mack is dominant, he makes QB's change their approach.

Clark isn't even a bigger threat than Justin Houston right now

Pretty much a disaster so far since Clark can't even hold Mack's jock.


It's still early though.


Maybe the Chiefs should start running stunts and twists with Jones/Clark ala Smith/Thomas.

If we are going with the Mack comparison, it's not too early to make judgments with Clark. Mack was an absolute beast on Day 1 after being traded to Chicago.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:06 PM 09-29-2019
IN for the ongoing debate.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:18 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Hes probably just struggling to pick up the new schemes.

I choose to put a positive spin on this. This D will get better.
:-)

What evidence do we have they'll get better? The secondary is shit, the run defense is shit, the entire unit is full of complete trash.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:33 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
:-)

What evidence do we have they'll get better? The secondary is shit, the run defense is shit, the entire unit is full of complete trash.
Hyperbole much?

I mean I know that you and that other douche Squirreltits love to bitch for bitching's sake, but complete trash? Put the glass pipe down.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:34 PM 09-29-2019
I guess we could always go back to the Cassel years where we had a defense that wasn't "complete trash", right?

Or maybe Herm? He was very defensive-minded!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:36 PM 09-29-2019
I think after 4 games it's entirely fair to say that Frank Clark has been underwhelming as a chief so far.

We could have gotten this from Justin Houston and not lost draft picks. It's entirely fair to expect more.

That said, we have 12 more games and 7 are at home where KC"s D tends to play much better.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:41 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Frank Clark cost; 1st, 2nd, swap 3rd with contract of $105m/63m guaranteed
Khalil Mack cost; 1st,1st,3rd,6th (Bears gets 2nd,5th back) contract $141m/90m guaranteed

Offenses don't worry about Frank Clark. They don't change their blocking scheme for Clark.

Mack is dominant, he makes QB's change their approach.

Clark isn't even a bigger threat than Justin Houston right now

Pretty much a disaster so far since Clark can't even hold Mack's jock.


It's still early though.


Maybe the Chiefs should start running stunts and twists with Jones/Clark ala Smith/Thomas.
Sounds like your not watching the games. Clark gets doubled/chipped/combo'd a ton, and sometimes they double clark and jones.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:43 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I think after 4 games it's entirely fair to say that Frank Clark has been underwhelming as a chief so far.

We could have gotten this from Justin Houston and not lost draft picks. It's entirely fair to expect more.

That said, we have 12 more games and 7 are at home where KC"s D tends to play much better.
This is a fair assessment. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised that he hasn't been more present and effective considering his history. At this point the only counter to the acquisition of Clark would be "who could we have drafted at that slot defensively that would have made more of an impact"?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:43 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
He's seems SLOW and WEAK to me. No mean streak to him, either. Shit, Tamba was still setting the edge pretty well his last year!

Too much KC Barbecue...
He's had 2 Tommy Jone injuries on both elbows.

I'm starting to wonder if that's truly fucking with him, because my now we should see more physical dominance
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:45 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
This is a fair assessment. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised that he hasn't been more present and effective considering his history. At this point the only counter to the acquisition of Clark would be "who could we have drafted at that slot defensively that would have made more of an impact"?
I'm not shitting on it or going to sweat on it too much at this point.

I do want to see more from him though, and I fully EXPECT to see more.

He's on pace for what? 36 tackles and 4 sacks? Will anyone be happy with that? He's not making excuses for himself, and I think he expects to be better.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:45 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Sounds like your not watching the games. Clark gets doubled/chipped/combo'd a ton, and sometimes they double clark and jones.
I saw that, too. It was on TV today...
[Reply]
kysirsoze 09:47 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I think after 4 games it's entirely fair to say that Frank Clark has been underwhelming as a chief so far.

We could have gotten this from Justin Houston and not lost draft picks. It's entirely fair to expect more.

That said, we have 12 more games and 7 are at home where KC"s D tends to play much better.
This is how I see it. I was hoping for a game wrecker and he hasn't been that. Not even close. There have been some flashes, but he's too well paid for flashes to make me happy. Still, it's a long season and I am staying optimistic that he'll get on track.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 09:48 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Frank Clark: Judges self worth based on sacks

CP: Does he even watch the games?!
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:02 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I'm not shitting on it or going to sweat on it too much at this point.

I do want to see more from him though, and I fully EXPECT to see more.

He's on pace for what? 36 tackles and 4 sacks? Will anyone be happy with that? He's not making excuses for himself, and I think he expects to be better.
Seems so to me as well. I mean, he was sold to the fan base as a world wrecker, someone who was going to come in and make an immediate, noticeable difference in both pressure and in defending against the run. I would like to think that deficiencies in the LB corps has something to do with it but even then we SHOULD be getting more from him than we currently are.

We need a killer Linebacker and a shut down corner to round this thing out.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:04 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
This is how I see it. I was hoping for a game wrecker and he hasn't been that. Not even close. There have been some flashes, but he's too well paid for flashes to make me happy. Still, it's a long season and I am staying optimistic that he'll get on track.
Yeah. I've seen a lot of football movies, and at the end a guy like this always makes a critical play in a big game to redeem himself. It'll happen.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 387
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up