ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 2678
« First < 22626869707172 73747576821221725721072 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:33 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Took the day off after our last pick.

Without scanning 30 pages, what have I missed in here? Looks like there's some debate as to when PM2 should start, and when we should bench/cut/trade Smith?

And it all got heated from there?
The debate basically centers around Tiger thinking that Mahomes absolutely has to sit for 2+ years, while most of us suggest that he will be playing just as soon as Reid and the staff believe he is ready.

There was also some discussion about hand size and all that nonsense.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:34 PM 04-30-2017
You don't trade up into the top 10 to sit that player on the bench for years. He's going to be on the bench for a year tops.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:38 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Where did 3 off seasons come from?
That's two years
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:41 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
It's like the Cassel/Geno lovers finally have a new direction to flow.

I hope Mahomes kicks ass. It will never take away from the fact at the time Alex Smith is exactly what this team needed.

Take it and make it what you want but we all know you dick toothed fucks loved Cassel and longed for Choco Peni Geno
It's okay, dude. Let it all out. Your boyfriend is soon to be gone. You resent Patrick Mahomes. Just admit it. It will be okay. We can help you, but you need to be honest with us about your feelings first.

Have a good cry. Take as long as you need to get it all out. Patrick Mahomes has taken a shit over your precious Alex Smith kingdom you set up in your mind. Nothing could take it down. It was boring and consistent, and every morning the sun greeted you with Alex's dopey howdy-doody smile.

It's gone now. The QB death cult raped its women and shit all over the rose bushes. They won. But you can still join them. It will be fine. It might even be fun. You might enjoy the experience of a real franchise QB at the helm. The excitement. Being able to watch the guy grow into the hero we've been wanting all this time.

But it means you're going to have to let go of Alex Smith. He was a bad ruler of your kingdom. He allowed this QB death cult to come in and do this. Let him go. He's not your friend. Pat Mahomes is your new friend.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:42 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I say again, name me one situation, other than Aaron Rodgers, where a QB drafted in the 1st round sat for more than one year, in the last 15 years.

I'm pretty sure no such thing exists, because QBs are ready today faster than ever.

The only reason Rodgers sat was because Favre was still playing at an elite level.

This "sit for 2 years" bullshit is just hilarious fantasy from retards hopelessly in love with their hilariously inept QB, desperate to watch him fulfill his "Super Bowl destiny," refusing to accept that the franchise knows he's not the guy and is ready to move on as soon as possible....which will be 2018.
I'm a Texas Tech alum and fan of Pat Mahomes. I want what's best for him. I believe sitting for a couple years to learn from Andy and Alex would be in his best interest. He has the potential to be KC's version of Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson, but he needs refinement in his game (decision-making, footwork, etc).

Now if Alex's large salary in 2018 means the management feels they need to get rid of that salary, then I can understand throwing Pat into the fire in Year 2. At least he would have about 16 months of training and learning with the Chiefs organization by that point.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:42 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
:-) I hope you didn't reproduce
Not sure if I did or not. Did your mom decide to get that abortion?
[Reply]
notorious 04:53 PM 04-30-2017
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 04:57 PM 04-30-2017
Mahomes won't take 2 years to learn the playbook. They threw everything at him on his private visit and he didn't have any problems.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:57 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You don't trade up into the top 10 to sit that player on the bench for years. He's going to be on the bench for a year tops.
Thats how I see it as well, if the kid is as mentally sharp and driven as advertised, one year should be all he needs
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:16 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

This "sit for 2 years" bullshit is just hilarious fantasy from retards hopelessly in love with their hilariously inept QB, desperate to watch him fulfill his "Super Bowl destiny," refusing to accept that the franchise knows he's not the guy and is ready to move on as soon as possible....which will be 2018.
Ah yes, the "Smith Destiny"...:-)

A pitiful and pathetic wet dream created by the weakest of minds.

Excellent post, Clay. It is good that the franchise has rejected Smith and his cadre of simpletons much in the same manner that we fought the war of the idiot true fan, defeated him, and sent their "champion" General Bob Dole to the ash heap.

Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Dumbest post I have ever read by the dumbest poster on this board...

You make tiger uppercut look like ben stein

The sad thing is youre just a troll...you dont even actually care about this topic...whereas at least TigerUphisbutt has some kind of point of reference or actual position (he loves smith)...you on the other hand are completely and totally worthless
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's okay, dude. Let it all out. Your boyfriend is soon to be gone. You resent Patrick Mahomes. Just admit it. It will be okay. We can help you, but you need to be honest with us about your feelings first.

Have a good cry. Take as long as you need to get it all out. Patrick Mahomes has taken a shit over your precious Alex Smith kingdom you set up in your mind. Nothing could take it down. It was boring and consistent, and every morning the sun greeted you with Alex's dopey howdy-doody smile.

It's gone now. The QB death cult raped its women and shit all over the rose bushes. They won. But you can still join them. It will be fine. It might even be fun. You might enjoy the experience of a real franchise QB at the helm. The excitement. Being able to watch the guy grow into the hero we've been wanting all this time.

But it means you're going to have to let go of Alex Smith. He was a bad ruler of your kingdom. He allowed this QB death cult to come in and do this. Let him go. He's not your friend. Pat Mahomes is your new friend.
:-)

Threebag has been thoroughly defeated and has now turned to exceptionally weak trollery to soothe his burning anus.

Originally Posted by DRM08:
I'm a Texas Tech alum and fan of Pat Mahomes. I want what's best for him. I believe sitting for a couple years to learn from Andy and Alex would be in his best interest. He has the potential to be KC's version of Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson, but he needs refinement in his game (decision-making, footwork, etc).

Now if Alex's large salary in 2018 means the management feels they need to get rid of that salary, then I can understand throwing Pat into the fire in Year 2. At least he would have about 16 months of training and learning with the Chiefs organization by that point.
Worry not, Doc. The Chiefs will develop him good and proper. He landed in the ideal situation, and many of us feel he is the ideal candidate to replace our current...
um...

"quarterback".
Yeah...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:25 PM 04-30-2017
Here's what I'm saying:

Dorsey said that in the QB meetings the coaches put the guys up on the board, drilled them with play after play, tons of different terminology, had them spit it back out as they would in a huddle, etc.... and he followed that up by saying the coaches ranked Mahomes #1 in that department.

So, we are talking about the most physically gifted QB in the draft combining that ability with apparent smarts and sharpness that surpassed the other QBs.

To me, if we are considering that information, I think the physical fixes are what need to be focused on most in terms of getting him ready to play by 2018. I believe the FO is clearly confident that 2PM will put in the work to get the mental side of things down quickly.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:33 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Here's what I'm saying:

Dorsey said that in the QB meetings the coaches put the guys up on the board, drilled them with play after play, tons of different terminology, had them spit it back out as they would in a huddle, etc.... and he followed that up by saying the coaches ranked Mahomes #1 in that department.

So, we are talking about the most physically gifted QB in the draft combining that ability with apparent smarts and sharpness that surpassed the other QBs.

To me, if we are considering that information, I think the physical fixes are what need to be focused on most in terms of getting him ready to play by 2018. I believe the FO is clearly confident that 2PM will put in the work to get the mental side of things down quickly.
And I'm so glad this spits in the face of the wisdom that all great QBs have to be Rhodes scholars.

This draft featured Peterman, who had a graduate degree, and Dobbs, who had a degree in aerospace engineering (which actually isn't any more difficult to work in than other STEM fields). Webb did a good job promoting himself as a relentless workaholic when it came to football terminology and plays... film room junkie...

Andy Reid knows better than to give a shit about that crap. That's not the kind of "smart" that a QB needs. What Mahomes has is the RIGHT kind of smart that matters in playing the position.

Can't wait to see Peterman go up in flames. Out of the NFL in 2 years. That's my prediction.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:38 PM 04-30-2017
I think it's funny that threebagdouche thinks Geno Smith lovers are the same as Matt Cassel lovers. That shows all you need to know that he is a complete fucking moron.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 06:45 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Kapernick sat for 1.5 years took his team to the superbowl.
Boooosh! LOL

PS I told everyone here that Geno Smith was a third round QB, at best, due to his immaturity issues.
[Reply]
Black Bob 07:05 PM 04-30-2017
Most of the "experts" I listen to say Mahomes needs to sit two years. After watching Andy's interview after drafting him I thinking it is possible that they sit him that long. I bet he said, "he's got a long way to go" at least ten times. I wouldn't dress him at all in 2017 and I would have him back up Alex in 2018. We need to take this slow. He needs a lot of work.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 2678
« First < 22626869707172 73747576821221725721072 > Last »
Up