ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 155 of 2687
« First < 55105145151152153154155 1561571581591652052556551155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
threebag 07:38 PM 05-11-2017
Good thing we had the opportunity to grab this kid this year. If he turns out to be Blackledge 2.0 we will have an opportunity to address it (look somewhere else) before Alex retires. Great move by the CHIEFS. Opportunity and Preparation met at the right time.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:54 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Here's another great podcast about Mahomes, fellas. Take 30 minutes out of your time and give it a listen. In this pod, Seth Keysor puts to bed the theory that Mahomes takes any longer than 1 year to start, and also explains why his perceived flaws are greatly overanalyzed. He's been a huge fan of 2PM since long before the draft, like many on here.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/05/1...-mahomes-plan/
Seth is spot on. Even the LSU fans were very impressed by Pat's performance. Game should not have been close for 2.5 quarters, should have been a total blowout in the first quarter.

Mahomes will never see a discrepancy in talent at the NFL level like he did in that LSU game. As far as we know, the Chiefs current O-Line is a hell of a lot better than the Texans O-Line that ruined David Carr's career before it ever got started.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:31 PM 05-11-2017
Fuck Deshaun Watson. Mahomes is the true champion.

And I would normally have ill wishes for Trubisky, but he honestly doesn't need any curses of mine in order to fail miserably in that QB graveyard known as Chicago.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:09 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yes you may. I prefer PMII.
Or PM2 for cellphone shorthand
[Reply]
DRM08 07:18 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I would normally have ill wishes for Trubisky, but he honestly doesn't need any curses of mine in order to fail miserably in that QB graveyard known as Chicago.
Trubisky gets a $19 million signing bonus. After tax and agent fees, probably around $9 million. He should save and invest 95% of it. I don't think he hangs around the NFL very long.

Seems like a very nice kid, but doesn't have the "it" factor. He pretty much hit the lottery with this draft and if he's smart, he will protect that money because I don't see him having a long career in this game.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 07:35 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
As far as we know, the Chiefs current O-Line is a hell of a lot better than the Texans O-Line that ruined David Carr's career before it ever got started.
I expect we may invest in Oline next year quite a bit. I don't think our O-Line is a disaster, but Smith gets the ball out FAST, which is one of his strengths. (It is, of course, related to one of his weaknesses as well, that he is looking short usually). Mahomes may well make our OLine look significantly worse.

Same applied to Carr. He probably made their OLine look worse as well.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:52 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Or PM2 for cellphone shorthand
PM Dawn.

:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 08:31 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Peters is a 4.5 corner, not a 4.2 corner

Bruce Smith :-)

Now Hunt is a HOF RB upside? :-) :-) :-)

pump your brakes
You do understand the concept of "strictly talking upside" right?

Peters doesn't have Sanders straight line speed, but teams avoid that whole side of the field the exact same way QBs did against Sanders.

You wouldn't know that because you weren't alive when Sanders was a player in his prime.

Bruce Smith was a 3-4 end that abused OL the same way Jones does and we are about to see Jones go into his second and third years in the NFL where most great DL make a huge jump. I'm excited to see Jones with more muscle and after putting in serious work on his technique. What we saw as a rookie was based on pure talent.

Go watch Emmitt Smith run the ball and then watch Hunts videos...I know it sounds far fetched, but thy are extremely similar runners. Hunt won't get the workload Emmitt did because the game has changed, but the vision, balance, power and patience are all there.

Again, I had the pleasure of watching his whole career and his running style is very similar to the way Hunt runs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:34 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You wouldn't know that because you weren't alive when Sanders was a player in his prime.

What? I'm 35 dude.

That post was pure fantasy.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:41 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

What? I'm 35 dude.

That post was pure fantasy.
So, you don't understand the term "upside" then?

What made Emmitt great was

Vision
Change of direction ability
Balance
Heart
Making guys miss
Powering through arm tackles
Good receiver out of the backfield
That jump cut though...
(His OL)

Again, go watch Hunts videos and you will see every single one of those traits displayed at a high level.

Now, I'm clearly not saying Hunt is going to be Emmitt Smith, just that their styles are similar and that if Hunt reaches his potential he will be compared to a poor mans Emmitt Smith.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:49 AM 05-12-2017
Also, this is a Patrick Mahomes thread, so if we're Gonna continue this conversation, let's start a new thread for it.
Ok?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:33 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Good thing we had the opportunity to grab this kid this year. If he turns out to be Blackledge 2.0 we will have an opportunity to address it (look somewhere else) before Alex retires. Great move by the CHIEFS. Opportunity and Preparation met at the right time.
Please never use Blacklege and PM2 in the same sentence again- it took us 34 years to break that curse. :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 09:38 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Clay should make a highlight video with that PM Dawn song from the 90's.

SET ADRIFT ON MEMORY BLISS OF YOUUUU
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
PM Dawn.

Run, if we keep pushing this thing, it could happen.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 AM 05-12-2017
No it's a terrible song please stop suggesting it
[Reply]
vailpass 09:43 AM 05-12-2017
Man I hope mahones turns into at least a serviceable starter or some of you brothers are going to be on suicide watch.
[Reply]
Page 155 of 2687
« First < 55105145151152153154155 1561571581591652052556551155 > Last »
Up