ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 775 of 929
« First < 275675725765771772773774775 776777778779785825875 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:56 PM 09-30-2021
It was at 32 earlier today. I was close to pulling then.
[Reply]
ghak99 06:52 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've always wanted a safe.

I feel like you haven't really made it until you have a safe in your house.
You're in luck! I have an old 2.5' cube that looks like it belongs in a western bank from the wild west days that I'd make you a deal on. I've used it as a conversation piece for years letting guests try their hand at the combination. No one has guessed it yet, including me eleventy billion times, but it would look really nice with some restoration work. :-)
[Reply]
ghak99 07:19 PM 09-30-2021
Fun times...

[Reply]
petegz28 07:49 PM 09-30-2021
Inflation at a 40 year high, chip shortage, supply line issues ...and our government is arguing over spending another $3.5 tril and telling you it won't cost jack.

The next few months are not going to be good ones.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Fun times...

Yeah. My dealers can’t get filled. It’s fucking nutty.

I hate volatility.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:25 PM 09-30-2021
You're in luck! I have an old 2.5' cube that looks like it belongs in a western bank from the wild west days that I'd make you a deal on. I've used it as a conversation piece for years letting guests try their hand at the combination. No one has guessed it yet, including me eleventy billion times, but it would look really nice with some restoration work. :-)
Do I get to keep whatever is in it?
[Reply]
Pointer19 08:05 PM 10-01-2021
Do I get to keep whatever is in it?
When you shake the safe, does it sound like it's full of paper money, precious metals, or jewels?
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:31 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Inflation at a 40 year high, chip shortage, supply line issues ...and our government is arguing over spending another $3.5 tril and telling you it won't cost jack.

The next few months are not going to be good ones.
I agree- what are you supposed to do with your money?

.05% monthly inflation is killing any buying power it once had, so if you go all cash you are still losing.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:58 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
When you shake the safe, does it sound like it's full of paper money, precious metals, or jewels?
I don't know anyone big enough to shake it, but when you flip it over it kind of sounds like a there's a medium sized human foot in it. No smell though, so I'm imagining a money bag full of silver certificates. It's probably just the shelf moving.

The local locksmith tells me he can get into it with a little time and my neighbor wants to blow it up like Butch and Sundance, but so far I have resisted doing either.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:08 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Anybody here into physical precious metals? I'm intrigued by the stacks these guys have. https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/top/
Probably not what you had in mind, but today a young cashier handed me a few coins as change. One of which was a dime that anyone should be able to see was silver even with just a glance. I just dropped it into a jar that eventually gets poured into the "junk silver" box in the safe.

Anyone who works a retail register should really take the time to learn a little about coins.
[Reply]
Pointer19 01:01 AM 10-04-2021
Probably not what you had in mind, but today a young cashier handed me a few coins as change. One of which was a dime that anyone should be able to see was silver even with just a glance. I just dropped it into a jar that eventually gets poured into the "junk silver" box in the safe.

Anyone who works a retail register should really take the time to learn a little about coins.
Very cool. I have a few dollars worth of old Canadian coins (only 80% compared to the US 90%), and you really can tell a difference in the look and feel.

Reading more into that subreddit, there are thousands of people convinced that silver is severely undervalued right now thanks to manipulation from the commodities exchange. It's an interesting idea, but I've also read of the Hunt brothers who tried to squeeze the silver market.

All that to say - everyone can feel free to send their silver to me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:21 AM 10-04-2021
Yeah. I’ll join Pointer as a charity case. :-)

A couple points:

1. The Hunts DID squeeze the market. Then they got their pussies wrecked when it came unwound.

2. Just disregard all that shit. Go back and look at posts here from 08-09ish. I think there was a thread in DC about goldbugs or something. People were insane. There were commercials everywhere. It was a joke. And it crashed. Metals are, and have been since we went off the gold standard, are an industrial input commodity. End.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:19 AM 10-04-2021
I bought in in March 2020 after the markets went down and have made a nice chunk of change. I’m concerned about inflation and it seems like rates will need to be increased soon.

Is it time to sell?
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:27 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I bought in in March 2020 after the markets went down and have made a nice chunk of change. I’m concerned about inflation and it seems like rates will need to be increased soon.

Is it time to sell?
What would you do with the profits if you sell? If it's investment money, there aren't many other opportunities to place it.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:29 AM 10-04-2021
What would you do with the profits if you sell? If it's investment money, there aren't many other opportunities to place it.
That's the dilemma. I'd probably just put it in a savings account that I have through Ally Bank. I make .5% which is better than losing.
[Reply]
Page 775 of 929
« First < 275675725765771772773774775 776777778779785825875 > Last »
Up