ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3078 of 4813
« First < 2078257829783028306830743075307630773078 307930803081308230883128317835784078 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:46 PM 08-18-2022
And you continue to ignore the fact that outside of that one outlier year, his defenses in Denver were really good.

That's just a fact, and there's a reason you guys played us tough on that side of the ball the last few years, and it wasn't talent.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:34 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And you continue to ignore the fact that outside of that one outlier year, his defenses in Denver were really good.

That's just a fact, and there's a reason you guys played us tough on that side of the ball the last few years, and it wasn't talent.
He was here 3 years. One good defense, one okay, and one bad, at least in points. All three were quite bad in TOs. I think you overstate his skill. Statistically, Kubiak had better defenses.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:40 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
He was here 3 years. One good defense, one okay, and one bad, at least in points. All three were quite bad in TOs. I think you overstate his skill. Statistically, Kubiak had better defenses.
Kubiak was an offensive coach.

It was Wade Phillips, who was also one of the best in the business, arguably THE best.

Nobody is saying that Vic Fangio is better than Wade Phillips was.

But he's definitely a whole lot fucking better than an unproven rookie DC that hasn't proven he can go toe to toe with Andy and Mahomes.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:43 PM 08-18-2022
Also, why would it be surprising that those defenses were better?

There's really no comparison in talent. We're talking prime Miller, Talib, Ware, Ward, etc.

That defense was disgusting. Of course it was better than Fangio's.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:01 PM 08-18-2022
The funny thing about this whole argument is that we didn’t even have a good defense under Fangio. 25th in 2020.
Why is that funny? Does that mean they couldn’t have overachieved?

Btw, I’m pretty sure that the rest of your fanbase disagrees. Especially in regard to last year.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:05 PM 08-18-2022
Injuries happen every year. Look at his career. His defenses got worse every year in Carolina, then got worse every year in Indy, worse every year in Houston, where he ended with the worst defense in the league.

He was then gifted with an absolutely loaded defense in SF, where he did well but never hit #1 in the league. He went to another loaded roster in Chicago where he did okay for 3 years and then had one really good year. Apparently Elway and Ellis have an attention span of one season, because this was enough for them to hire him. He is not one of the best in the business.
Did you have this opinion before Fangio was fired? Don’t answer that.

Do you think that Hackett is one of the best OCs in the business? Is your DC one of the best in the business?
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:05 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Did you have this opinion before Fangio was fired? Don’t answer that.

Do you think that Hackett is one of the best OCs in the business? Is your DC one of the best in the business?
I never liked Fangio.

Hackett was a good OC, probably not one of the best. That doesn’t really matter much, because the skill set for an HC is not the same as for an OC. Neither Fangio nor McDaniels have the skill set to be an HC.

No idea about Evero, time will tell.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:26 AM 08-19-2022
I never liked Fangio.

Hackett was a good OC, probably not one of the best. That doesn’t really matter much, because the skill set for an HC is not the same as for an OC. Neither Fangio nor McDaniels have the skill set to be an HC.

No idea about Evero, time will tell.
Staylor's not necessarily disagreeing with you that it was the right move for you guys to fire Fangio. He's saying at least in the short term, your defense is probably going to be behind where it was under Fangio.

I know Sean Payton could probably sneeze into a kleenex and it would become a good NFL coach, but it's still a pretty tall task for a first time DC to have success against the most unpredictable Andy Reid offense the NFL has seen since the start of the 2018 season
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:40 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Most reports I'm seeing are Dallas is winning the day. You lying sack of shit
I'm hearing that the Chiefs' coaching staff is really disappointed in CEH, and that they feel he's out of shape.

Also hearing that Andy Reid had to have a meeting with the team because some of the players feel that "they've arrived."
[Reply]
TEX 10:55 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I'm hearing that the Chiefs' coaching staff is really disappointed in CEH, and that they feel he's out of shape.

Also hearing that Andy Reid had to have a meeting with the team because some of the players feel that "they've arrived."
I'm hearing that you're already making plans to bail in October.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:57 AM 08-19-2022

I'm hearing that your Mom is a whore...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:11 AM 08-19-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 08-19-2022

:-)

Completely full of shit.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:41 AM 08-19-2022

Good. We'd rather see CEH get less snaps anyway.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:48 AM 08-19-2022
Knowmo, you seem upset.

Are your jimmies rustled from biased reports getting spewed all over the place?

That's too bad.
[Reply]
Page 3078 of 4813
« First < 2078257829783028306830743075307630773078 307930803081308230883128317835784078 > Last »
Up