ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 261
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:29 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Watched "Lincoln" yesterday afternoon... exquisitely acted, exacting period detail, great cinematography, and extremely boring.
:-) Pretty much.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:31 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
:-) Pretty much.
In spite of my best efforts, I honestly dozed off for about 20 minutes.
[Reply]
-King- 12:32 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Watched "Lincoln" yesterday afternoon... exquisitely acted, exacting period detail, great cinematography, and extremely boring.
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:40 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
And its really not that I cant get into somber, talky movies devoid of splosions either, I flippin LOVED the Iron Lady, it should've been an hour longer.

But yeah, heh, Lincoln made me saw logs.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:11 PM 09-25-2014
Did Daniel Day-Lewis do one of his awesome, 100% authentic, period accents? I love those. Especially when no one else in the movie is speaking in a remotely similar fashion.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 04:16 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Watched "Lincoln" yesterday afternoon... exquisitely acted, exacting period detail, great cinematography, and extremely boring.
I have a theory that Spielberg has transition into the point of his career where he is no longer making movies for the audience. He makes movies for himself. Some could argue all he makes now is Oscar-bait. His upcoming movie don't exactly sound like blockbusters.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:48 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Did Daniel Day-Lewis do one of his awesome, 100% authentic, period accents? I love those. Especially when no one else in the movie is speaking in a remotely similar fashion.
No one, living or dead, could've done Lincoln better IMO... they say Lincoln had a somewhat high pitched voice and DDL did it just right without going overboard on it.

Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
I have a theory that Spielberg has transition into the point of his career where he is no longer making movies for the audience. He makes movies for himself. Some could argue all he makes now is Oscar-bait. His upcoming movie don't exactly sound like blockbusters.
You're right, he's at the point now that he can do whatever the hell he wants, hits be damned... stuff like Lincoln and War Horse prove it, he has all the money he needs, now its all about personal gratification.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:54 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
I have a theory that Spielberg has transition into the point of his career where he is no longer making movies for the audience.
You are a master of understatement.




[Reply]
NewChief 07:32 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Watched "Lincoln" yesterday afternoon... exquisitely acted, exacting period detail, great cinematography, and extremely boring.
You'd think all the vampires would make it exciting.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:34 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
You'd think all the vampires would make it exciting.
On my honor I'd never watch that schlock even for free.

What did you honestly think of Spielbergs "Lincoln"?
[Reply]
Rausch 07:34 AM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
You'd think all the vampires would make it exciting.
That's a great example of a high quality B movie.

I was shocked how respectable it was...I enjoyed it...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That's a great example of a high quality B movie.

I was shocked how respectable it was...I enjoyed it...
Fuck that movie. It could have been SO much better than it was.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:07 AM 09-26-2014
meh. It's no FDR American Badass.






[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:15 AM 09-27-2014
YOU KILLED MY DOG

PREPARE TO DIE


[Reply]
Bowser 04:58 PM 09-27-2014
Looks like a fun, mindless shoot 'em up. In.

Also looks like Theon is going to get his junk cut off. Again.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 261
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up