ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 171
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:11 PM 08-21-2022
Lasso is good. It’s definitely a show I should hate. But it balances it well enough it keeps me hooked.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:13 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One of my buddies was raving about how much he enjoyed Ted Lasso, so I started watching it last night. What a weird show - it's like somebody threw Major League, Ned Flanders from the Simpsons and soccer in a blender. I shouldn't like it, but I do. Somehow they managed to make a show about the most boring sport on earth entertaining.

A couple of things - I wonder how many people who watch this know that Wichita State doesn't have a football team. And damn, is the average Brit as salty as this show portrays? Jesus, pretty much everybody other than Ted and Coach sounds like a limey version of Tommy from Goodfellas. It's funny, but.... wow. Any little kid who watches this by mistake will immediately start calling everybody twats and wankers. :-)

And the biggest shock - I knew I recognized the female owner, but couldn't place her. Checked her out on IMDb, and she played the septa in Game of Thrones that terrorized Cersei. Who knew that she was actually hot?
Be curious, not judgemental.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:12 PM 08-21-2022
First season of Ted Lasso was gold, but I didn't get on with the 2nd season at all.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:07 PM 08-25-2022
Tangential to Lasso, Welcome to Wrexham is FINALLY HERE!!

Part reality show, part mockumentary, but I dont' sense it's scripted for comedy or drama or particularly, so much as edited after the fact.

Rob McElhenny and Ryan Reynolds purchase an historic if underachieving [5th tier ENL] soccer franchise and document what they go through as new owners in a new season.

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:08 PM 08-25-2022
Just finished season 4 of Virgin River!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:06 PM 08-25-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Tangential to Lasso, Welcome to Wrexham is FINALLY HERE!!

Part reality show, part mockumentary, but I dont' sense it's scripted for comedy or drama or particularly, so much as edited after the fact.

Rob McElhenny and Ryan Reynolds purchase an historic if underachieving [5th tier ENL] soccer franchise and document what they go through as new owners in a new season.

I think they’re secretly brothers in real life. They look a lot alike now that I see them paired together. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:44 PM 08-27-2022
Five Days at Memorial on Apple.

A New Orleans hospital’s experience during Katrina. Wow. It’s a true horror film. Absolutely heart-wrenching story and terrific acting.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:53 PM 08-27-2022
Don't be surprised if every single word of wisdom dispensed by Mitch 'pays off' [as in everyone will ignore it to their detriment] over the rest of the season, . . he already warned Barry off the dinner party.

Another Coen staple, a random dumbass giving advice that could have averted the entire tragic narrative to come.
If you liked Beignet Mitch;

[haven't seen it yet, just the trailer, . . . and then Stern channel had a replay when The Party Bros came on the show yesterday]

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:56 PM 09-09-2022
The Good Fight back for another season, and another blockbuster cast addition . . .

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Miles 09:56 PM 09-09-2022
Finally started Black Bird and the first two episodes are really promising. Didn’t know the score was from Mogwai going in which was a nice surprise.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:07 AM 09-15-2022
So...i'd probably skip on Devil in Ohio. Wife and I gave it a go looking for a new thriller/horror/supernatural type show.

Fucking snooze fest.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:12 AM 09-15-2022
The Patient with Steve Carrell (Hulu/FX) is pretty solid, though the episodes are way too short at sub-30 minutes.

Also watched the first episode of American Gigolo (Showtime). I'm a big Jon Bernthal fan and he's great in this.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:52 AM 09-18-2022
Speaking of broadcast, Seal Team was back with an absolute homerun.
New season dropped . . .

Season preview from a couple weeks back. . . [gives peeks at what's to come, as a preview does, so decide for yourself if that whets your appetite or spoils the story to come]

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:11 AM 09-20-2022
The new quantum Leap is pure trash. It won’t last long.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09-21-2022, 05:09 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: nevermind
Pepe Silvia 09-23-2022, 03:00 PM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia.
Great Expectations 06:21 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
The new quantum Leap is pure trash. It won’t last long.
That is disappointing.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 171
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Up