ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 125
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:34 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So here are the facts.

1. His physical traits are ELITE. His combine results were right there with Jonathan Taylor.

2. He's skilled In various areas. He can block, catch the ball and return punts so not only is he an asset on the field as a three down back but he's an asset to special teams too.

3. He scored touchdowns in several different ways. Homerun down the middle, outside zone run, catching the ball in space and punching the ball in on the goal-line.

4. If you actually look closely at his game-log over his college career you'll find he had two 100 yard games against Michigan, a 100 yard game against Penn State and a 100 yard game against Maryland (a team who he was consistently good against btw)..so he actually got yards against the best teams he faced.

5. He scored touchdowns against Ohio, Maryland, Michican and Nebraska..once again showing that he performed against the better teams.

6. He had several games which he caught four to five passes in a game for 30 plus yards.

7. Only fumbled once in his last three years in college and that fumble was recovered by his team.

When I look at these stats and facts how many 7th round RB's have had these numbers and physical traits in recent years? Elijah Mitchell who was a year older and was a 6th round pick, played at a lower level but has decent traits like Pacheco and performed against the best competition..he then went to the Niners and had a breakout year so there's no reason why Isaih can't do the same.
I dont like you but i like this. Thanks.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:49 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Ealy ain't beating out Pacheco.
Quite possibly not, and if he doesn't that's no bad thing as it hopefully means Pacheco has shown he can be slightly more than an upgraded speed bump.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:55 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Quite possibly not, and if he doesn't that's no bad thing as it hopefully means Pacheco has shown he can be slightly more than an upgraded speed bump.
You called your shot.

See you at training camp.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:33 AM 05-11-2022
Ealy is another D train. Pass catching back only.

Which is why he won't beat out Pacheco.
He's better than that. In all three years in college Ealy had pretty much 900 total yards and around 7 to 10 TD's. He also hit a fair number of homeruns himself and put big yards on the ground against some top teams. 120 vs Bama, 141 vs LSU, 112 vs Arkansas and 152 against Texas A & M so he did damage on the ground plenty. He also scored td's against most of the big schools too. To me he looks a lot like a young Mckinnon tbh and I think both Pacheco and Ealy make the roster alongside Rojo and Clyde.
[Reply]
chief4life 09:46 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Had to do my research to find out that absolute ass Rutgers team actually played in a bowl game this past year. Not trying to down the kid, just defending my point. With the OL he's had.....he had maybe 6 great games his whole career, against varying levels of competition. What about that says future star to you? I hope that he does breakout. He has good size and speed, his hands look good, and he plays for my favorite football team.
Did research lol read my lips the offensive line for the Rutgers last year was absolute garbage! I am going to slow this down so you can comprehend this. They were riddled with injuries so much that they had to take defensive lineman yes you heard me right and patch them in on the offensive line. I could care less that they went to a bowl game. Anyone that wins 6 games goes to a bowl game big deal! You obviously haven't done research or you would of found out about last years team.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:01 AM 05-11-2022
You called your shot.

See you at training camp.
Well I'll see you at season's end I guess, when we can see if he's become something useful. As I've said, nothing better than disliking a pick (i mean I don't dislike him, he's just a 7th rounder) and them surprising you. I think you're right, good chance he makes the roster. I just don't think he'll be any good.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:01 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He's better than that. In all three years in college Ealy had pretty much 900 total yards and around 7 to 10 TD's. He also hit a fair number of homeruns himself and put big yards on the ground against some top teams. 120 vs Bama, 141 vs LSU, 112 vs Arkansas and 152 against Texas A & M so he did damage on the ground plenty. He also scored td's against most of the big schools too. To me he looks a lot like a young Mckinnon tbh and I think both Pacheco and Ealy make the roster alongside Rojo and Clyde.
I think Pacheco's running will translate better in the NFL.

We will see soon enough.
[Reply]
chief4life 10:05 AM 05-11-2022

"Brett Veach said that he thinks there is a 1000 yard RB in this 7th round group of RBs. Obviously the Chiefs taking you think you are that guy. Do you believe you are that guy?" @mattderrick asks @isiah_pachecoRB
"absolutely" Veach found a star in the 7th round! ⚡️Ran a 4.37 ⚡️ pic.twitter.com/0kUnWIa5h4

— Brad Henson (@bradleychenson) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:22 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by chief4life:
Did research lol read my lips the offensive line for the Rutgers last year was absolute garbage! I am going to slow this down so you can comprehend this. They were riddled with injuries so much that they had to take defensive lineman yes you heard me right and patch them in on the offensive line. I could care less that they went to a bowl game. Anyone that wins 6 games goes to a bowl game big deal! You obviously haven't done research or you would of found out about last years team.
Yea I had to do research. Who gives AF about Rutgers, and I'm an ACC old Big East guy. Being a d**k doesn't make your point any more valid. Like I said.....If he can run for 100+ against Michigan with that "injury riddled* oline, he should be able to do so against Northwestern if he's an NFL caliber back.

How about you read this slowly. He has traits to be a good back
Man run fast
Man catch ball good
Man look like Hulk

But

Man show up some games. Not all games
Man don't look like he can make yards out of nothing

I hope he breaks out. I'm not seeing where I should expect him to. I'm sorry that hurts you.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:24 AM 05-11-2022
Correction. Rutgers was a good program in a mediocre conference that's moved to a great conference. They haven't caught up yet but they were one win from bowl eligible this year. When an RB has IT....it really doesn't matter much where and who they played with......although I'll say it again....Lowly Rutgers has enough talent to allow this kid to shine.....He didn't improve throughout his 4 years even though his teams record did.

I don't want the kid to suck. But at the moment he hasn't shown anything other than bring big and running fast. Don't set yourself up to be let down

That OLine was the definition of shit dude. Don't read "shit" as "good" or "great" but rather as "truly fucking terrible." At its best it was bad and it just got worse with injuries. Being bad on the OLine in the BIG10 makes it awful rough on a RB.

They had 5 wins and you're talking about bowl games as some sort of accomplishment? Jesus.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:26 AM 05-11-2022
And to note, he was a 7th-round pick and not a day 1 or 2 pick. The expectations aren't overly high. He might turn into a nice, complimentary player. The chances of him ever being a lead back are probably slim but you never know. He may just as well not make the team. He has some quality traits and played on a team that did anything but set him up for success.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:32 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
And to note, he was a 7th-round pick and not a day 1 or 2 pick. The expectations aren't overly high. He might turn into a nice, complimentary player. The chances of him ever being a lead back are probably slim but you never know. He may just as well not make the team. He has some quality traits and played on a team that did anything but set him up for success.
That's exactly what I'm saying though. Without propping him for his situation. Just going by the numbers and what I see on tape. Rutgers went bowling this year which I'm not saying to say they are a good team...just far from the worst
[Reply]
kccrow 11:06 AM 05-11-2022
That's exactly what I'm saying though. Without propping him for his situation. Just going by the numbers and what I see on tape. Rutgers went bowling this year which I'm not saying to say they are a good team...just far from the worst
Just about every team gets a bowl these days. Rutgers did not deserve a bowl game man. They had 5 wins and were blown out by most teams that were even somewhat good. They had 2 wins in the conference, against an even worse Indiana team and an equally inept Illinois team. Their lone standup performance was against Michigan.

Sure, they aren't the worst team in all the land or even the worst team in their own division but they are most definitely in the bottom third of the BIG and Power 5 schools.

If you just watch his games and pay attention to how much penetration there was on just about every play, you'll realize his production was not at all bad.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:26 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'm seeing and reading from draft dudes about two noticeable red flags regarding Pacheco: questionable/inconsistent college production and a weird thing with stuttering on his handoffs. However, it's also evident that he's got flashes of being really good, and I imagine the Chiefs took him in the 7th over Ealy because they like the upside of his speed, power, and balance, and believe they stand a chance of coaching the red flags out of him and turning him into a productive player, even if it's only ever off the bench. Hell, they basically drafted Dontari Poe in the FIRST ROUND with those exact same red flags (poor college production, bad technique).

I think it's possible (hell, if I had to put money on it, I'd say it's likely) that Ealy looks like the better player in training camp and preseason and ends up making more plays that fans can look at and go, "He's way better than Pacheco!" However, even though he's only a 7th rounder, I do think the Chiefs are far more likely to value Pacheco over Ealy if they have to make a decision between the two.

More than likely one or both of them is going to get practice squadded. If it's only one of them, I'm going to say it's Ealy.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:41 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm seeing and reading from draft dudes about two noticeable red flags regarding Pacheco: questionable/inconsistent college production and a weird thing with stuttering on his handoffs. However, it's also evident that he's got flashes of being really good, and I imagine the Chiefs took him in the 7th over Ealy because they like the upside of his speed, power, and balance, and believe they stand a chance of coaching the red flags out of him and turning him into a productive player, even if it's only ever off the bench. Hell, they basically drafted Dontari Poe in the FIRST ROUND with those exact same red flags (poor college production, bad technique).

I think it's possible (hell, if I had to put money on it, I'd say it's likely) that Ealy looks like the better player in training camp and preseason and ends up making more plays that fans can look at and go, "He's way better than Pacheco!" However, even though he's only a 7th rounder, I do think the Chiefs are far more likely to value Pacheco over Ealy if they have to make a decision between the two.

More than likely one or both of them is going to get practice squadded. If it's only one of them, I'm going to say it's Ealy.
Both will be on the roster imo and Pacheco is the only one in the RB room who can both block and do punt/kick returns so I'd be very surprised if he's not on the roster.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 125
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up