Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:36 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
‘Shut up and take your money and sit down in the back’

‘Just be grateful we allowed you to join our premier conference’

Different rules for different fools.
The problem is now they are going to power conferences with OU and Texas and Mizzou won’t make them enough money and get the boot.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:37 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
They’re scripted losses, they make Mizzou lose the same way every year. SEC will make sure they are never competitive again.
:-) Mizzou lost the same ways in the Big 12 and Big 8.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:38 PM 11-05-2022
Also, current mood after getting another win in CoMo, just like 2018.

BALLLINNNNNNNN.@UKFootball's Mark Stoops crowd-surfing to Mo Bamba > all other celebrations. pic.twitter.com/TvtaYv5dZ7

— FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) October 28, 2018

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:38 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
:-) Mizzou lost the same ways in the Big 12 and Big 8.
Exactly, that’s there role, but the BiG 12 allowed them to go 8-4 at least, SEC is going to make sure they crush all hope.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:39 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Kentucky had 12 penalties called against them. The last play is close, but I don't know how you can say the fix is in when Mizzou also shot themselves in the foot.
I don’t think it’s ‘fixed’, per say, I just think Mizzou will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to going up against the old SEC guard.

NO ONE (outside of Mizzou fans, of course) wants to see Mizzou be even remotely successful in the SEC. They just don’t. And why would they? There is no benefit to the SEC if Mizzou wins and is competitive. There just isn’t.

And like I said before, I DO think Mizzou REALLY pissed some people in the SEC off when they won the East two of those first 3 years in the league. They want to make sure something like that never even has a remote chance of happening again. Best way to do that is keep Mizzou buried at the bottom.

Like I said, I get it. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:42 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I don’t think it’s ‘fixed’, per say, I just think Mizzou will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to going up against the old SEC guard.

NO ONE (outside of Mizzou fans, of course) wants to see Mizzou be even remotely successful in the SEC. They just don’t. And why would they? There is no benefit to the SEC if Mizzou wins and is competitive. There just isn’t.

And like I said before, I DO think Mizzou REALLY pissed some people in the SEC off when they won the East two of those first 3 years in the league. They want to make sure something like that never even has a remote chance of happening again. Best way to do that is keep Mizzou buried at the bottom.

Like I said, I get it. It is what it is.
The bolded is absolutely false from TV/media perspective.

Additionally, Mizzou geographically isn't rivals with anyone in the SEC aside from maybe Arkansas. None of the premier revenue sports Mizzou competes are they remotely a powerhouse or national power in.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:49 PM 11-05-2022
So the SEC decided to screw Mizzou…thus making the climb to have one of their schools be bowl eligible really difficult….

TOTALLY CHECKS OUT.

Christ some of you need to get out and touch some grass lol…the big bad SEC isn’t out to get Mizzou.

How about we focus on the real issues with this team? The fact the QB is an abomination and the dummy coach keeps running him out there.
[Reply]
Best22 01:50 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
The bolded is absolutely false from TV/media perspective.

Additionally, Mizzou geographically isn't rivals with anyone in the SEC aside from maybe Arkansas. None of the premier revenue sports Mizzou competes are they remotely a powerhouse or national power in.
That’s the thing. Mizzou isn’t a huge brand. We won the East twice and still weren’t a super marketable team.

Mizzou never did a good job with branding. And I think the SEC would rather see traditional teams succeed than Mizzou. Missourians love the Cardinals and Chiefs, that’s who they are most passionate for. Not Mizzou

I think SEC people see this and compare our situation with places like South Carolina. That’s a school with no real success in football (first bowl win in 1995) but are assumed to be a better team than Mizzou every year (even when we beat them regularly). It’s because they have a better brand and marketing than we do, and a more passionate fan base.

The SEC would rather see those kinds of teams win than Mizzou. We’re an outsider here, just like Arkansas probably felt like an outsider in the All-Texas SWC conference. It is what it is
[Reply]
Best22 01:52 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
So the SEC decided to screw Mizzou…thus making the climb to have one of their schools be bowl eligible really difficult….

TOTALLY CHECKS OUT.

Christ some of you need to get out and touch some grass lol…the big bad SEC isn’t out to get Mizzou.

How about we focus on the real issues with this team? The fact the QB is an abomination and the dummy coach keeps running him out there.
We can make a bowl as a 5-7 team.

The SEC is fine with this. 8-4 UK and 5-7 Mizzou going bowling looks better than 7-5 UK and 6-6 Mizzou
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:53 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
That’s the thing. Mizzou isn’t a huge brand. We won the East twice and still weren’t a super marketable team.

Mizzou never did a good job with branding. And I think the SEC would rather see traditional teams succeed than Mizzou. Missourians love the Cardinals and Chiefs, that’s who they are most passionate for. Not Mizzou

I think SEC people see this and compare our situation with places like South Carolina. That’s a school with no real success in football (first bowl win in 1995) but are assumed to be a better team than Mizzou every year (even when we beat them regularly). It’s because they have a better brand and marketing than we do, and a more passionate fan base.

The SEC would rather see those kinds of teams win than Mizzou. We’re an outsider here, just like Arkansas probably felt like an outsider in the All-Texas SWC conference. It is what it is
I think you bring up more rational, valid points.

Part of that also has to do with the schools located near or in the region. Yes, Mizzou is the only FBS school in the state, but Kansas, Illinois, Arkansas, Iowa aren't too far either. And with middling success or short bursts that aren't sustained, that gets you nowhere.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:55 PM 11-05-2022
Kentucky has their ceiling as well, no matter how competitive they get or what favor they receive from officials they will still never play for a National Championship.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:57 PM 11-05-2022
Kentucky football is a fucking joke. Absolutely GIVEN the game
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:59 PM 11-05-2022
Kentucky has their ceiling as well, no matter how competitive they get or what favor they receive from officials they will still never play for a National Championship.

I'll take bowl eligibility in a sport that people continue to say that Kentucky has no business in competing in while winning titles in basketball.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:00 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Kentucky football is a ****ing joke. Absolutely GIVEN the game
Get ****ed.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:00 PM 11-05-2022
Yup. SEC will protect a team like Kentucky against Mizzou, but when it comes to doing them any favors against the likes of Georgia, Florida or even Tennessee . . . . . . forget about it.

Kentucky is an ‘outsider’ in their own way, just not in the same way as Mizzou.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 109
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Up