ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 104
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Bengals (AFC Championship Rd)
RunKC 04:45 PM 01-22-2023
Welp this game has been on everyone’s minds since the start of the season.

Let’s get some revenge goddamnit!
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:57 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
KC gave up 24 points to a similar Titans team. That's 8 points more than Cincy's defense. And in relative terms, it's a pretty large gap of around 40% in points allowed. Burrow only needed to score 17 points to win his game, which is a joke. He scored 19 in that game. Mahomes needed 25 against the Titans, but he torched the Titans for 38.

In terms of the "what if" game with Josh Allen & Buffalo making silly mistakes, the Chiefs defense gave up 20 points to the Jaguars last week. But it could have easily been 30+ points based on a few key mistakes by the Jaguars. The "what if" game applies to every offense or defense of course.

Having said the above...if Mahomes and his teammates are locked in on offense and kicking field goals, they can score 40ish on pretty much anyone. They showed this against the Niners in San Fran earlier in the season.
I certainly don't think the Chiefs defense is or has been great or anything. I just think a nuts to nuts comp is difficult.

I'm on record as saying I think we need to get to 30 in order to win this game. The Bengals have gone 27, 27 vs us the last two. Anything under 27 is a major plus for the defense.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:58 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesIsTheMVP:
I’d bet he isn’t playing.
Agreed. I wish he was but I have to see it to believe it.

Edit: I just went to his twitter page. His response to everyone freaking out about the pic he sent out yesterday was basically "What, I can't tweet out a picture without it meaning something? It doesn't mean anything"

He's not playing.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:01 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I certainly don't think the Chiefs defense is or has been great or anything. I just think a nuts to nuts comp is difficult.

I'm on record as saying I think we need to get to 30 in order to win this game. The Bengals have gone 27, 27 vs us the last two. Anything under 27 is a major plus for the defense.
Yeah I think you need at least 30. Maybe 35. Would be awesome if the defense can hold them much closer to 20, which might be needed for KC to win if Mahomes & Kelce are both slowed down by the injuries.

Cincy does have a pretty good defense, so having Mahomes & Kelce injured brings a lot of uncertainty about how many points the KC offense can put on the scoreboard. I would love to see the KC defense pull something crazy and hold Cincy below 20, lol
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:09 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Man this would be a really scary time to try out a new punt or kick returner.
I think so too. So I’m a little shocked by this. If we need an emergency WR then kemp should fill that void. So did we need to bring up another WR too? Feel like I’d rather a guy who can at least contribute on special teams … maybe he does that, but he seems like more of a return guy.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:15 PM 01-28-2023
Is smith-Marsette a bad sign for mecole? If mecole can’t go will he be used as a gadget option? And if he is an option it sounds like he’s had problems in the past with ball security. That makes me a bit nervous as well. Intrigued but really hope a game of this magnitude isn’t where we try something new here.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:17 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
KC gave up 24 points to a similar Titans team. That's 8 points more than Cincy's defense. And in relative terms, it's a pretty large gap of around 40% in points allowed. Burrow only needed to score 17 points to win his game, which is a joke. He scored 19 in that game. Mahomes needed 25 against the Titans, but he torched the Titans for 38.

In terms of the "what if" game with Josh Allen & Buffalo making silly mistakes, the Chiefs defense gave up 20 points to the Jaguars last week. But it could have easily been 30+ points based on a few key mistakes by the Jaguars. The "what if" game applies to every offense or defense of course.

Having said the above...if Mahomes and his teammates are locked in on offense and kicking field goals, they can score 40ish on pretty much anyone. They showed this against the Niners in San Fran earlier in the season.
Titans scored 17 in the first 20 minutes and then were shut out until a late 4th garbage TV after we were up 35-17.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:29 PM 01-28-2023
The difference between these games is that the Chiefs made a lot of mistakes and didn’t execute efficiently at a consistent level and the Bengals made few mistakes and executives well.

That’s it.

The Bengals played a B+ game at worst last time while played a C+ game at best and they still barely won.

They need to do what they did in the first half of the championship game last year. Get pressure. Get some stops. If you watch the replay, Burrow almost had a pick on the 2nd drive bc of pressure. He was also sacked. And guess what? They scored only 3 points.

Mahomes yolo pick, Kelce fumble, missed FG, bad tackling, not getting Burrow to the ground when your hands are on him. If you cut those mistakes in half, our chances of winning rise dramatically.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:41 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The difference between these games is that the Chiefs made a lot of mistakes and didn’t execute efficiently at a consistent level and the Bengals made few mistakes and executives well.

That’s it.

The Bengals played a B+ game at worst last time while played a C+ game at best and they still barely won.

They need to do what they did in the first half of the championship game last year. Get pressure. Get some stops. If you watch the replay, Burrow almost had a pick on the 2nd drive bc of pressure. He was also sacked. And guess what? They scored only 3 points.

Mahomes yolo pick, Kelce fumble, missed FG, bad tackling, not getting Burrow to the ground when your hands are on him. If you cut those mistakes in half, our chances of winning rise dramatically.
Bengals had 10 points instead of 3 points in the first half last year. Cincy put together a TD drive that ended with 1 minute left in 2nd quarter. And of course KC had the drive with 1 minute left that ended with no points on the Bengals goal line. If I remember right, KC had wasted a timeout earlier in the half and sadly it came back to hurt them in the final seconds of the half.

The most recent game featured a reversal of fortune in terms of failing on the goal line. Cincy missed out on 3-7 points to end the first half when Carlos Dunlap blew up their 4th down rushing attempt near the KC goal line.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:50 PM 01-28-2023
Watching last year's AFCCG. Good God our defense sucked at the end.
[Reply]
In58men 04:51 PM 01-28-2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:54 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pink shirt and a care bear. Yep, he's a pecker puffer
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:57 PM 01-28-2023
Like I said, he’s winning cause he takes it in the butt the best.
[Reply]
493rd 04:57 PM 01-28-2023
Why are these guys so fucking arrogant? They’re the cockiest bunch of dipshits considering they’ve never won anything. It’s mind-boggling, truly.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:57 PM 01-28-2023
Allen didn't risk it, otherwise the turnovers would have fed a baseball team. Adds up to something missing
[Reply]
tredadda 05:07 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Why are these guys so fucking arrogant? They’re the cockiest bunch of dipshits considering they’ve never won anything. It’s mind-boggling, truly.
They are the defending AFC Champions, they have beaten KC three in a row, and put a beat down on the preseason SB champions in their house. That’s why they are that way. Their HC allows this and they seem to enjoy being the bad guys. Until someone in the AFC shuts them up in the playoffs they will continue to be like this.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 104
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103 > Last »
Up