« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:06 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is true.

If you think of Kelce as your Z receiver, things suddenly seem to make a lot of sense.

I'm not advocating a wholly piecemeal approach to the position or anything - I just don't see much utility in trading for anyone over 27 yrs old who also wants a new contract. We had that guy. And he's better than anyone we can trade for.

Why undo what we just did after proving that what we did can actually work?
Very much this. If we can leverage the capacity of Mahomes and the staff to teach, let's bargain shop.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t see it happening unfortunately. These desperate teams like Chicago need weapons like him.

If you’re Ryan Poles and have $98 million to blow, why wouldn’t you overpay for a guy like Hardman?

I think he’s getting overpaid
I never try to guess these idiots, but if I'm the contrarian in the room, I say, Pringle Robinson, did not much of anything and Hill is Hill. So let's go find someone from a team with a shit QB, because our guy won't outperform Mahomes.

But that's just me. Who the hell knows. If you look at his rookie tape you'll say ZOMG we have to get this guy. If you look at this years tape you'll say, I can get a RB for jet sweeps.

He just had a different mindset coming into this season and you could tell everytime he spoke. He was focused on proving himself.

I think that's why he'd consider a 1-year deal but doesn't seem likely to take a below market 3-year deal.

That said, roll up to his front door with a signing bonus check for $15 million and a 3 year contract w/ base salaries of $2,6,10 million and you suddenly have a kid who gets to put $15 million in his pocket that day. Sure, he may only get another $8 million over the next 2 seasons and then be a probably cut candidate in year 3, but those signing bonuses will turn heads on occasion.

At that point you have a 2 year/$23 million deal w/ a team option for $10 million tacked on. Is Hardman worth that? I think he probably is. And if the market doesn't come together for him and he's left with taking a JuJu kind of deal, well JuJu didn't make but about $2 through December of this year before his bonuses started hitting.

Could the appeal of getting a big ol' chunk of money now be enough for him to give up some control? Maybe. I mean, he'd still only be 28 years old when he hits the market again. Marquis Goodwin is a similar type of player who's still getting game checks at 32 years old. It might not be a bad idea to lock in your financial security now.
If I'm Veach I have the offer out. Already.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:11 PM 02-27-2023
If Veach can pull off the salary cap this year with Mahomy at 49 million, he is smarter than a genius
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:43 PM 02-27-2023
He just had a different mindset coming into this season and you could tell everytime he spoke. He was focused on proving himself.

I think that's why he'd consider a 1-year deal but doesn't seem likely to take a below market 3-year deal.

That said, roll up to his front door with a signing bonus check for $15 million and a 3 year contract w/ base salaries of $2,6,10 million and you suddenly have a kid who gets to put $15 million in his pocket that day. Sure, he may only get another $8 million over the next 2 seasons and then be a probably cut candidate in year 3, but those signing bonuses will turn heads on occasion.

At that point you have a 2 year/$23 million deal w/ a team option for $10 million tacked on. Is Hardman worth that? I think he probably is. And if the market doesn't come together for him and he's left with taking a JuJu kind of deal, well JuJu didn't make but about $2 through December of this year before his bonuses started hitting.

Could the appeal of getting a big ol' chunk of money now be enough for him to give up some control? Maybe. I mean, he'd still only be 28 years old when he hits the market again. Marquis Goodwin is a similar type of player who's still getting game checks at 32 years old. It might not be a bad idea to lock in your financial security now.
I'd be fine offering Hardman a 3 yr $40-$45 mil where the first 2 years are the only ones really guaranteed. Have the 3rd season be $18 mil and if he's able to string together a couple of 900-1100 yd seasons, then bring him back at $18 mil, because that would be a steal.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:17 PM 02-28-2023
Who has the 2nd best arm on the team? Kadarius Toney, according to Bert in a great interview on Sirius NFL channel. Dude was evidently Lamar Jackson-like out of HS. We may have some interesting plays coming next season.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:22 PM 02-28-2023
The scary part for opposing organizations is that Veach is just now hitting his prime, much like Mahomes. We've won 2 Super Bowls while our young QB and GM were just trying to figure out how to do their jobs. Now, they are both seasoned pros.

Good luck everyone else.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:16 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who has the 2nd best arm on the team? Kadarius Toney, according to Bert in a great interview on Sirius NFL channel. Dude was evidently Lamar Jackson-like out of HS. We may have some interesting plays coming next season.
Wasn't Kelce also a pretty decent HS QB? Andy might be creative and crazy on offense, but not sure if he's "have Toney throw it" crazy. How many times has Travis thrown it over the years by design? Not many. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 03:03 PM 03-15-2023
It’s amazing how Veach has grown so much. Ever since the Frank Clark deal he has done a masterful job.

He ain’t overpaying any of these guys
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:12 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Wasn't Kelce also a pretty decent HS QB? Andy might be creative and crazy on offense, but not sure if he's "have Toney throw it" crazy. How many times has Travis thrown it over the years by design? Not many. :-)
He let Townsend throw it a couple times. Andy isn't scared to have someone else throw it if he thinks he can get away with it.
[Reply]
Bump 03:13 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
apparently Kelce went to West Virginia with other high school prospects to try out for QB but Geno Smith impressed them more. Then he was a QB at Cinci his first year and then got kicked off the team and then his brother convinced the coach to give him another chance but they didn't need a QB they needed a TE and Kelce was like fuck ya I'll play TE.

at least thats what I remember from new heights
[Reply]
JPH83 04:02 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd be fine offering Hardman a 3 yr $40-$45 mil where the first 2 years are the only ones really guaranteed. Have the 3rd season be $18 mil and if he's able to string together a couple of 900-1100 yd seasons, then bring him back at $18 mil, because that would be a steal.
I keep wondering...are we just really over-estimating Hardman's value Yeah, he's quick, team's SHOULD value that. But I dunno. Feels just as likely the evaluation will be he remained a gadget guy under a genius HoF HC and his speed never translated into a true field-stretching, deep threat because of poor ball tracking and questionable play against press...maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part because I really think he's valuable here.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:12 PM 03-15-2023
Veach is the NFL's version of Winston Wolf

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:23 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I keep wondering...are we just really over-estimating Hardman's value Yeah, he's quick, team's SHOULD value that. But I dunno. Feels just as likely the evaluation will be he remained a gadget guy under a genius HoF HC and his speed never translated into a true field-stretching, deep threat because of poor ball tracking and questionable play against press...maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part because I really think he's valuable here.
I think so. His tape and recent injury history aren't going to do him a ton of favors in terms of current value. He'll either take a minimal deal from us or something similarly small somewhere else, IMO.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:29 PM 03-15-2023
Our needs as of this moment?

1 QB
1 Swing Guard
1 OT (L or R depending on how we finish FA/Draft)
2 WR
2 IDL
1 DE
1 S
1 FB (I know...)

That about right?
[Reply]
tmax63 05:35 PM 03-15-2023
So, 8-9 spots and they got 10 picks and BV. WE GOOD!!!!
[Reply]
Dante84 05:39 PM 03-15-2023
Yeah I mean in all reality we only have 3 open holes at starting positions:

- OT
- WR
- IDL

Everything else is spots that rotate in or sit on the bench.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 112
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109 > Last »
Up