ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 192
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:18 PM 02-27-2024
PFF Player Comp for Franklin is Christian Watson... just coming here to say I told ya so lol
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:50 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
PFF Player Comp for Franklin is Christian Watson... just coming here to say I told ya so lol
Are you saying that is bad? Why does anyone put any stock into anything PFF says?

That is a terrible comp in my opinion. Franklin played against high level competition, and Watson, while playing for a powerhouse, didn't play at a P5 powerhouse, and didn't play against the athletes on defense that Franklin did.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:21 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Are you saying that is bad? Why does anyone put any stock into anything PFF says?

That is a terrible comp in my opinion. Franklin played against high level competition, and Watson, while playing for a powerhouse, didn't play at a P5 powerhouse, and didn't play against the athletes on defense that Franklin did.
Yeah, I don't really get where people get these takes. The dude put up nearly 1400 yards and 14 TDs at 17 yards a reception in the PAC12. That's not nothing. He put up almost 900 and 9 as a true Soph the year before. He doesn't look or play like Watson at all. He's a lot more like Jameson Williams or Devonta Smith. He's slender, he wins with speed, he's smooth, and he can go up and get it. Those 2 guys went at 12 and 10 respectively. There's a real solid chance that Franklin is the 4th WR off the board and goes a lot higher than we think.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:51 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yeah, I don't really get where people get these takes. The dude put up nearly 1400 yards and 14 TDs at 17 yards a reception in the PAC12. That's not nothing. He put up almost 900 and 9 as a true Soph the year before. He doesn't look or play like Watson at all. He's a lot more like Jameson Williams or Devonta Smith. He's slender, he wins with speed, he's smooth, and he can go up and get it. Those 2 guys went at 12 and 10 respectively. There's a real solid chance that Franklin is the 4th WR off the board and goes a lot higher than we think.
I am on record saying that I wanted Watson in the 2nd round, and I felt like we should have moved up a few spots to get him. I loved the size and speed combo.

Troy Franklin is so much better than Watson. By like a lot. Paired with Mahomes, Troy Franklin would be a top 5 receiver in this league by the end of his rookie deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:38 AM 02-28-2024
I wanted Watson, too. And early in his rookie year, I got roasted for it. And then he scored like 8 TD's in like 6 weeks and people shut up.

There's an awful lot to like about Franklin.

I just want a good, smart, athletic top 64 pick. I'll trust Veach, Andy, and Mahomes to get their guy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:40 AM 02-28-2024
Also, I just saw some Pearsall highlights...

I've been sleeping on him. Did you see that one handed grab where he gets hammered on the crossing pattern and he still comes down with it?

Man.

Not at #32 or anything, but man.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:57 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

I've been comparing him to a combo of D. Smith or J. Waddle crossed with a G. Pickens & C. Watson length over the course of this thread.
[Reply]
In58men 07:06 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I've been sleeping on him. Did you see that one handed grab where he gets hammered on the crossing pattern and he still comes down with it?

Man.

I like the swagger he brings too, you can see he’s confident in his game.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:05 AM 02-28-2024
Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint out of Georgia absolutely wreaks of Brett Veach.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
You mean the guy that dropped two passes that broke DET's offense and was part of the reason they lost to the niners?
The best part about the Reynolds drops is that you could actually see him poop himself just before the 2nd one.

After that first drop, his body language was just 'defeated'. He looked like me out there after a boot a grounder. "Please just don't hit the next one to me..."

He was terrified. And when that ball came his way there was just never a question he was going to drop it.

Nah - maybe someone else can get past that with him but that's a guy who's mental makeup tells me that when we need him to bring in a key 3rd down in January one of these days, he might just puke on his shoes at the mere thought of it.

Contrast that with, say, MVS - who's been irrationally confident his entire time here. I'll take the latter.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:15 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Man.

His senior bowl practices were insane too, I'll include a couple highlights. I think I'd be okay with going BPA at #32 and then Ricky at #64.

Just a different level of route running and ball skills.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:16 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I can see the Jamo comp.

Guess that's why I am not in on him. I don't want a vertical #2 decoy with a 1st round pick.

I can get that cheap in FA.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:43 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I can see the Jamo comp.

Guess that's why I am not in on him. I don't want a vertical #2 decoy with a 1st round pick.

I can get that cheap in FA.
Exactly why is Franklin a vertical #2 "decoy", while Thomas Jr. is just a good vertical #2?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 02-28-2024

Two takeaways from my convo’s w/ teams this wk: 1. Lot more QB J. Daniels’ love than in media. 2. WR=most polarizing pos. group after MHJ. Majority have Nabers 2 and Odunze 3, but some aren’t as sold. Lot of love for X. Worthy, Pearsall, Legette, McConkey, R. Wilson + Baker(UCF) https://t.co/TeYOVfEnCq

— Todd McShay (@McShay13) February 26, 2024

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:55 AM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly why is Franklin a vertical #2 "decoy", while Thomas Jr. is just a good vertical #2?
I think Thomas Jr scarier deep threat, will separate more.

Acceleration/Throttle >>>> Franklin

Franklin very fast once he hits top speed but he doesn't have the suddenness of Thomas Jr.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 192
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Up