ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 107
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:06 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/20/us/tw...ing/index.html

It sounds like the older guy pulled out his pistol, maybe just hoping to scare the kids, and didn't realize he brought a pistol to an AR fight.
I've heard/read conflicting reports, did one of them bring an AR pistol or was it a "switch" modified Glock? Either way I've read that it was illegally modified for full auto.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:13 PM 02-20-2024
All the pics we've seen in backpacks and one being carried by the Carhart kid are AR pistols (three of them). It seems very likely sure the pistol found in the middle of the intersection belonged to the older guy who got shot and dropped, and then was arrested later (see video I posted above).

However, the CP gun experts seem to think it's unlikely that an AR pistol was modified to fully auto, and was more likely a Glock instead. The kid fired from inside his backpack, so maybe it wasn't one of the ARs. But that would mean they were armed with three AR pistols, and some kind of fully automatic Glock, which doesn't seem super likely to me.

The AR pistols were illegally modified in other ways.

Here's the pistol sitting in the intersection from TMZ (Warning - blood):
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 04:21 PM 02-20-2024
All the pics we've seen in backpacks and one being carried by the Carhart kid are AR pistols. It seems very likely sure the pistol found in the middle of the intersection belonged to the older guy who got shot and dropped, and then was arrested later (see video I posted above).

However, the CP gun experts seem to think it's unlikely that an AR pistol was modified to fully auto, and was more likely a Glock instead. The kid fired from inside his backpack, so maybe it wasn't one of the ARs. But that would mean they were armed with three AR pistols, and some kind of fully automatic Glock, which doesn't seem super likely to me.

The AR pistols were illegally modified in other ways.
It's my understanding that it's not that hard to do. I'm sure my gunsmith could do it. But, he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison, so he won't. And I like having a skilled gunsmith as a friend, so I won't ask.

There is a Glock 9mm model (I believe it's 18) that is fully automatic. Looks just like a regular Glock until the trigger is pulled. I've only seen it in a video.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 04:24 PM 02-20-2024
Two adults charged? I thought they were teens...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-adults-...arade-shooting
[Reply]
2bikemike 04:27 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Two adults charged? I thought they were teens...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-adults-...arade-shooting
The 2 adults are in addition to the teens.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:32 PM 02-20-2024
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/20/us/tw...ing/index.html

It sounds like the older guy pulled out his pistol, maybe just hoping to scare the kids, and didn't realize he brought a pistol to an AR fight. It's bullshit that he survived with all those shots fired while that poor woman died.

Also this more or less confirms that the other two who were tackled were the minors.

You still have to wonder if some rival gang stuff spurred this on to begin with.
There's a lot more detail in that article that's worth reading, but yeah, that's the gist of what it sounds like to me.
[Reply]
Refried 05:21 PM 02-20-2024
That cnn article is clear as mud...just how the media likes it
[Reply]
DaFace 05:25 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Refried:
That cnn article is clear as mud...just how the media likes it
Yes, turn this into a media hate thread for no reason. :-)

You can watch the press conference yourself. There aren't a lot of details in the article because the prosecutors haven't released many details.

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:32 PM 02-20-2024
Lindell Mays pulled a gun at the Belton Community Center in 2021. Caused people to run out in a panic.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:41 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Lindell Mays pulled a gun at the Belton Community Center in 2021. Caused people to run out in a panic.
He was playing basketball while packing.

Seriously.
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 05:50 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
He was playing basketball while packing.

Seriously.

[Reply]
bdj23 06:24 PM 02-20-2024
Hard to tell if the glock was modified with the trash covering the back plate
[Reply]
srvy 07:18 PM 02-20-2024
Did anyone notice a jaw in that blood and muck?
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:22 PM 02-20-2024
A woman lost her life over this...

According to court documents, the Kansas City mass shooting started because -- God forbid -- someone was "looking at" someone else. https://t.co/4w0ltCaTtf

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 21, 2024

[Reply]
TinyEvel 07:25 PM 02-20-2024
Here's a pretty decent chain of events from KSHB.,

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...arade-shooting

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker announced second-degree murder charges against two people Tuesday in connection to last Wednesday’s deadly shooting outside of Union Station.

Dominic Miller, 18, of Kansas City, Missouri, and Lyndell Mays, 23, of Raytown, each face four felony charges — one count of second-degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action and one count of unlawful use of a weapon.

Mays was charged Saturday but requested that the case be sealed by the court. The court unsealed those charges Tuesday. Miller was charged Monday night. His chargers were also made public Tuesday.

Court documents describe the dispute that led to the exchange of gunfire.

Near the intersection of West Persing Road and Kessler Road, Mays entered a verbal confrontation with a group of four males, per a witness account. The witness said the group asked Mays what he was looking at.

Surveillance video captured Mays responding by aggressively approaching the group and pointing his finger angrily before circling behind another person and pulling out a gun, per court documents.

When he was questioned by police Mays, confirmed he drew a gun first.

He also said he hesitated to shoot because children were in the crowd, but he ultimately began shooting at a random member of the group because someone said, "'I'm going to get you,' and to him, that meant, 'I'm going to kill you,'" per court documents.

Mays later said his actions were "stupid." "Just pulled a gun out and started shooting," he said. "I shouldn't have done that. Just being stupid."

A blood-covered Glock 9mm handgun was recovered next to where Mays fell. It also reportedly contained six live rounds in a 15-round capacity magazine, including a live round in the chamber. A computer check determined was stolen out of KCMO, according to the probable cause statement.

After Mays fired his weapon, Miller shot back with a Taurus G3 9mm handgun. He said after he heard gunshots and returned fire, unsure of whether or not he struck the individual he intended to hit. Lisa Lopez-Galvan's autopsy and a subsequent ballistic comparison of the bullet recovered from her body determined that Miller's weapon fired the shot that killer her

Both Miller and Mays were hospitalized with injuries after the shooting. Miller remains hospitalized as of Tuesday evening. Both defendants are being held on $1 million bond. “We seek to hold every shooter accountable for their actions that day,” Peters Baker said. “While we’re not there yet, we’re going to get there. We are not done yet.”

KCPD Chief Stacey Graves also weighed in on the charges, saying she had "full confidence" in the prosecutor's office to charge the "reckless actions" of Miller and Mays.

"Our investigation continues at full velocity. Teams of detectives are working nonstop to ensure that anyone else responsible for the shootings is apprehended and that they receive the maximum punishment allowed by law," Graves shared in a statement. "Kansas City is KCPD's beloved home. We will not relent in our pursuit of justice."

The juvenile office of the Jackson County Family Court Division announced last Friday that two juveniles were charged with gun possession and resisting arrest charges. Details on the juveniles are not publicly available because that case is being worked through family court, but the juvenile office also indicated that additional charges could be possible in connection to the incident. Additionally, it's possible the juveniles could be certified to be tried as adults. Information about a possible certification hearing is not publicly available.

Peters Baker also filed charges last Friday against a Wichita man for unlawful possession of a firearm at last Wednesday’s rally. The man, who is not believed to be directly connected to the shooting, was previously convicted of felony marijuana distribution and allegedly picked up a gun at the scene after it fell from someone else's pocket.

(this guy (Mr. Garcia) picked up the gun that Mays? dropped when he was shot and people pointed Mr. Garcia out to police. He was just a really drunk guy who wanted a gun I guess)
[Reply]
Page 98 of 107
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102 > Last »
Up