ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 192
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:29 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd have traded him for less anywhere else.

They essentially filled the Chiefs biggest weakness with a potentially huge strength for not much.

You yoursefl said this draft isn't exactly gonna be easy to sparse out. So I'd not want picks in it.
I think the Ravens are aware of the situation that they are in, no Judon or Ngokue this year, they need pass rush, oline and a few other things. IMO they were loaded up to make a run and missed, now theyre working on more of a reload and using our picks to do it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:31 AM 04-28-2021
Should the Chiefs have traded him to the Ravens?

They sent him to the Rams, a team in the NFC.

The Rams traded him to the Ravens, in teh AFC. My logic is that I wouldn't prefer to trade a guy to a team I'm gonna have to beat in the playoffs. But shit happens I guess so I'm way off here.
I knew this was the argument you'd attempt to make.

My counterpoint: The end result is the same. The path taken to get there may be different, but the end result is the same: The Chiefs have play Marcus Peters.

So by your logic, had an AFC team had an offer for Peters, the Chiefs shoulda turned down a superior offer and sent him to the NFC. As fate would have it (because so many unpredictable variables happen in the NFL, the Chiefs would end up facing him ANYWAY.

So if O.City was G.M, the Chiefs woulda taken less compensation AND STILL had to play him.

That, friend, is why you don't make decisions out of fear. Because you can't control the multitude of variables. Instead, focus on what best serves the team.

If that example doesn't spell it out for your i have no idea what will.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I think the Ravens are aware of the situation that they are in, no Judon or Ngokue this year, they need pass rush, oline and a few other things. IMO they were loaded up to make a run and missed, now theyre working on more of a reload and using our picks to do it.
Exactly.

They weren't getting past the Chiefs, regardless of who was at LT for the Chiefs, without a pass rush. And they lost what little pass rush they already had. Trading Brown to the Chiefs makes the Chiefs better but in the grand scheme of things, they weren't beating the Chiefs' LT with the pass rush they have no matter who played there.

They're at a crossroad and need to decide what they're going to do with Lamar. They need picks, picks, and more picks.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:33 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
For this draft, sure. The reason being is because clearly, Veach doesn't feel like investing a 1st round pick into questionable players in this draft. But if you're taking a guy in the 2nd round, it's much easier to move on in terms of the salary cap and public perception if he doesn't work out by Year 2.

50% of all NFL First Rounders bust. This year, that number, not only in the 1st round round, but in subsequent rounds in which the bust rate is even higher, could be astronomical.
I think this is very true and I also think there's probably going to be more undrafted gems this year as well, for the same reasons. We seem to do well hitting on some under the radar guys as it is, so this draft may give us an opportunity to really clip a coupon on a number of quality players.
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
That atleast makes more sense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I knew this was the argument you'd attempt to make.

My counterpoint: The end result is the same. The path taken to get there may be different, but the end result is the same: The Chiefs have play Marcus Peters.

So by your logic, had an AFC team had an offer for Peters, the Chiefs shoulda turned down a superior offer and sent him to the NFC. As fate would have it (because so many unpredictable variables happen in the NFL, the Chiefs would end up facing him ANYWAY.

So if O.City was G.M, the Chiefs woulda taken less compensation AND STILL had to play him.

That, friend, is why you don't make decisions out of fear. Because you can't control the multitude of variables. Instead, focus on what best serves the team.

If that example doesn't spell it out for your i have no idea what will.
Sure, but at that point it's out of my control.

What best serves the Ravens is the Chiefs being worse, no?
[Reply]
O.city 11:40 AM 04-28-2021
Every Chiefs trade they've made in recent history has sent the player they're trading away out of the conference.

I'd guess that's not by accident.

Now if the compensation is way out of whack, sure, take the better offer. But if it's close at all, I'd prefer not to play said guy. And if I would, don't you think that says something about the player?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 04-28-2021

What best serves the Ravens is the Chiefs being worse, no?
What best serves the Ravens is the Ravens getting better. Getting rid of Brown and getting picks back makes the Ravens better. They really can't worry about the Chiefs because the Chiefs had already made it clear they were going to get a new LT regardless of what the Ravens did.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:42 AM 04-28-2021
Veach is going to bend the league over in this draft and do EXACTLY what he did when he drafted Sneed.

He’s going to go back to tape from the previous year to identify the guys he wants in rounds 4-6...and maybe even the second rounders.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 04-28-2021
Every Chiefs trade they've made in recent history has sent the player they're trading away out of the conference.

Now if the compensation is way out of whack, sure, take the better offer. But if it's close at all, I'd prefer not to play said guy. And if I would, don't you think that says something about the player?
So now we're going to go there? Brown is somehow a schlub because the Ravens were willing to trade him?

SMH

Orlando Brown is a storied member of the old Browns/Ravens family. The Ravens weren't ever going to treat Brown Jr. poorly or deny him his wishes because it wasn't ever in their best interest to do so. It's not just a simple case of a player being disgruntled. It's about a guy that proved he can play a position for which they didn't have room.

NFL teams trade with whoever they can trade with to get the best offer. They don't operate the way you're suggesting.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:45 AM 04-28-2021

Are you trying to make a correlation of Baltimore not being as high on Brown as we are and that’s why they were ok sending him to us?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Are you trying to make a correlation of Baltimore not being as high on Brown as we are and that’s why they were ok sending him to us?
Exactly what I asked because that's what it sounds like to me.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:46 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So now we're going to go there? Brown is somehow a schlub because the Ravens were willing to trade him?

SMH

Orlando Brown is a storied member of the old Browns/Ravens family. The Ravens weren't ever going to treat Brown Jr. poorly or deny him his wishes because it wasn't ever in their best interest to do so. It's not just a simple case of a player being disgruntled. It's about a guy that proved he can play a position for which they didn't have room.

NFL teams trade with whoever they can trade with to get the best offer. They don't operate the way you're suggesting.
Andy Reid traded McNabb to Washington...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Andy Reid traded McNabb to Washington...
Yep, good one.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:53 AM 04-28-2021
Ok, lol. I don't know what else to say, you're still not getting it.

IT'S ALWAYS OUT OF YOUR CONTROL!

THAT is why you take the ONLY option that's in your control: The best possible return.

For all the Ravens know they could send Brown to the Rams, he becomes a FA the following season and the Chiefs sign him.

The end result would be the same: The Ravens have to play Brown. The difference? You took less compensation to achieve the same goddamn end result.

How the Peters situation doesn't perfectly showcase that to you is beyond me.

There are more variables than i have fingers and toes. For all anyone knows, Brown can get injured in TC and walk in the offseason. The Ravens cant control that. All they can control is max compensation.

So worrying about any other variable is just dumb.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 192
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148 > Last »
Up