ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 185
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 06:23 PM 10-16-2022
He was so close to a sack on the play where Allen got out of the pocket. Had his hands on him
[Reply]
staylor26 06:23 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Lol so much for this vaunted rookie class
Yea, they aren't all All-Pros 6 games in.

JFC this place goes full retard every single time we lose, even when we played better than anybody expected.
[Reply]
-King- 06:23 PM 10-16-2022
The bar is pretty low for him and so far he's still playing under that bar. I saw more flashes from him earlier in the season than I have lately.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:24 PM 10-16-2022
Folks who want to judge George go and look at Trey Hendrickson's stats from his THREE YEARS in the league. The guy had six and a half sacks in three seasons before he took off. And Trey is the guy I'd compare George to the most so we'll see. Rookies getting tons of sacks at DE are not that common. It's mainly the elite guys who do.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:24 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Lol so much for this vaunted rookie class

Solid class but no superstars in it like 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 06:26 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

JFC this place goes full reerun every single time we lose, even when we played better than anybody expected.
Greg Rousseau had 4 sacks his rookie year. He has 4 this year already.

Not every rookie is gonna be Nick Bolton, Creed Humphrey or Chris Jones
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:27 PM 10-16-2022

JFC this place goes full reerun every single time we lose, even when we played better than anybody expected.
If anytime Karlaftis should've overachieved and made plays when the team absolutely needed it was today.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:28 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Greg Rousseau had 4 sacks his rookie year. He has 4 this year already.

Not every rookie is gonna be Nick Bolton, Creed Humphrey or Chris Jones
If Karlaftis is disappointing, then so are Hutchinson/Thibodeaux/Walker.

This place doesn't understand that certain positions are very difficult to step right in and be a force.

He will keep working. He will keep improving. He will be fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:29 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If anytime Karlaftis should've overachieved and made plays when the team absolutely needed it was today.
You're right, we clearly lost because Karlaftis, not because Mahomes/Andy.

This is a defense mechanism that many of y'all have any time we lose just because you can't accept that the best player in the world didn't get it done today.

The Chiefs were down a lot of guys on defense goijg agaisnt the closest thing to our QB, and they played more than good enough to win.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:29 PM 10-16-2022
His preseason probably gave people more unrealistic expectations. He looked like a perennial All-Pro in those games.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:30 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
His preseason probably gave people more unrealistic expectations. He looked like a perennial All-Pro in those games.
This is fair. He looked so good in the preseason that he's been a disappointment mostly due to unfair expectations after his performance.

He's still getting pressure, and he will get better.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:31 PM 10-16-2022
His job would be a easier, and we would not be desperate for immediate production from him, if Frank was the guy we traded for. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but it's a lot to ask a rookie to come in and fix that.

I do think he could and should be doing a little more, but I am not really worried about him.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:31 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
so um...looks like i was right

he's a big ball of try hard and not much else
Wait - you've gone in this direction again?

First it was he sucked because he had short arms.

Then you changed and said it was your biggest error in evaluation ever and he was a Greek God.

And now you're back to he sucks?

At last, Karlaftis is going to rise again like a Greek Phoenix from Marty's ashes.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:32 PM 10-16-2022
My #1 Karlaftis comparison was Trey Hendrickson.

Many compared him to Hali.

Guys that win with strength, motor, and relentlessness take time to develop and adjust to the NFL level. Both of those guys did too.
[Reply]
-King- 06:33 PM 10-16-2022
If Karlaftis is disappointing, then so are Hutchinson/Thibodeaux/Walker.

This place doesn't understand that certain positions are very difficult to step right in and be a force.

He will keep working. He will keep improving. He will be fine.
Hutchinson is. But Kayvon is playing well. He missed the first few games of the season and is already statistically outperforming Karlaftis. He even had a strip sack on Lamar today to close out the game.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 185
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Up