Page 97 of 112
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:12 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I kinda hope Veach holds his water here.

I said last offseason that the most intriguing part of this plan was to see if it worked. We were zigging while others were zagging at the WR position. And we sure appear to have been vindicated.

But hey, maybe it's a one-off. You can tell luck from skill by its duration so maybe this isn't something sustainable. But you won't know unless/until you know.

So I'd hate to see them go trade for some expensive "true #1 WR" when I think they're awfully close to proving that they don't NEED one.

It's just strange to me that we're seeing people, especially those in the media, approach the Chiefs off-season shopping list as though last season just didn't happen.
The Chiefs have a cheat code at WR in a GOAT TE.

Eventually, and the sooner the better, you need to start Kelce-proofing the offense, and you can do that this year by either (a.) adding premier weapon(s) at WR, or (b.) drafting one of the TE studs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The Chiefs have a cheat code at WR in a GOAT TE.

Eventually, and the sooner the better, you need to start Kelce-proofing the offense, and you can do that this year by either (a.) adding premier weapon(s) at WR, or (b.) drafting one of the TE studs.
This is true.

If you think of Kelce as your Z receiver, things suddenly seem to make a lot of sense.

I'm not advocating a wholly piecemeal approach to the position or anything - I just don't see much utility in trading for anyone over 27 yrs old who also wants a new contract. We had that guy. And he's better than anyone we can trade for.

Why undo what we just did after proving that what we did can actually work?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I also think if they can hold off one more offseason, the salary cap becomes really really clean. One more year of doing what they did last year and they're pretty much set.
Exactly.

That's all I'm saying - not "never pay anything for anyone ever again" or anything. Just give it another year to breathe a bit. Draft another WR in the hopes that him, Toney and Moore can be 3/4 of a dangerous WR room and then MAYBE in 2024 you look at the landscape to see if adding more established help is warranted.
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 02-27-2023
This is true.

If you think of Kelce as your Z receiver, things suddenly seem to make a lot of sense.

I'm not advocating a wholly piecemeal approach to the position or anything - I just don't see much utility in trading for anyone over 27 yrs old who also wants a new contract. We had that guy. And he's better than anyone we can trade for.

Why undo what we just did after proving that what we did can actually work?
The only WR I'm really overly interested in making a big swing for would be Moore and I doubt he's even available.

Unless the Vikings get a case of dumbass and wanna move Jefferson or something I guess.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 02-27-2023
Exactly.

That's all I'm saying - not "never pay anything for anyone ever again" or anything. Just give it another year to breathe a bit. Draft another WR in the hopes that him, Toney and Moore can be 3/4 of a dangerous WR room and then MAYBE in 2024 you look at the landscape to see if adding more established help is warranted.
Just depends for me atleast, on who's available.

I like the Aiyuks and such of the world, but not enough to trade for and pay. I'd just draft the next guy who projects as that.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:30 AM 02-27-2023
The 'JAG WR's" talk will look silly when they go trade for one this offseason.
Maybe. I think Justin Watson is coming back bc Mahomes loves him and he’ll be cheap. Maybe $3-5 million? For a complimentary WR he’s quite reliable.

There’s gonna be guys to sign though. They’ll try with Hardman and Juju. If that doesn’t work they’ll go get a guy.

Don’t see them drafting one in the 1st unless the value is incredible
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Maybe. I think Justin Watson is coming back bc Mahomes loves him and he’ll be cheap. Maybe $3-5 million? For a complimentary WR he’s quite reliable.

There’s gonna be guys to sign though. They’ll try with Hardman and Juju. If that doesn’t work they’ll go get a guy.

Don’t see them drafting one in the 1st unless the value is incredible
It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

People here wouldn't care for it, but I'd really like to bring Hardman back even on a deal that would be more than some would like. He's still only 25 years old.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 02-27-2023
I kinda wonder if you could trade a late rounder for Marquise Brown and sign him to a decent extension. Could end up with some value there if he really booms out.

Could really bust and would be smarter to just wait til next year I suppose.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 AM 02-27-2023
I kinda wonder if you could trade a late rounder for Marquise Brown and sign him to a decent extension. Could end up with some value there if he really booms out.

No.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 02-27-2023

Cardinals just gave up a 1st rounder for him. They're not gonna deal him for a late round pick. They'd probably prefer just play it out and see if he earns a LTC or nets them a comp pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 02-27-2023
It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

People here wouldn't care for it, but I'd really like to bring Hardman back even on a deal that would be more than some would like. He's still only 25 years old.
I'd be fine bringing Hardman back. I've been on the 'offer him MVS's contract plus an inflation kicker' train for awhile now.

I saw some real progression from him this year and I think he's close to breaking out.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:49 AM 02-27-2023
Veach has a HOF career going on right now. I have zero respect for the HOF but he will make a strong case to get in.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:59 AM 02-27-2023
I'd be fine bringing Hardman back. I've been on the 'offer him MVS's contract plus an inflation kicker' train for awhile now.

I saw some real progression from him this year and I think he's close to breaking out.
I don’t see it happening unfortunately. These desperate teams like Chicago need weapons like him.

If you’re Ryan Poles and have $98 million to blow, why wouldn’t you overpay for a guy like Hardman?

I think he’s getting overpaid
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 02-27-2023

I don’t think he’s going to get the offers he’s looking for out in FA with the way he ended the season here. I’m fine with bringing him back and then drafting another guy in the first two days.
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 02-27-2023
Cardinals just gave up a 1st rounder for him. They're not gonna deal him for a late round pick. They'd probably prefer just play it out and see if he earns a LTC or nets them a comp pick.
The guys that did that are long gone though.

It's not a smart trade though, I'm stupid for recommending it.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 112
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107 > Last »
Up