ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 107
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:18 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I miss goons just being overly protective hockey players.
I think hockey players call THEMSELVES "goons"

They probably don't have enough teeth to articulate "enforcer"
[Reply]
luv 09:43 AM 02-20-2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acC_-an7O4w
[Reply]
Frazod 10:54 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Same. Thugs have all been mafia guys. Locally, out here it was all white guys that thought they were tough. There's some Mexicans down south that ARE tough, and I'm trying to remember, but we don't call them anything. Just Don't go there, you'll get shanked.

I also think of Raylon Givens saying "gun thug" in that accent.
The first word that comes to mind in this case is "punk," not "thug."

I equate thug with some big, burly, menacing guy. This fucker looks like the sort who wouldn't attack anybody unless he was armed, they were elderly, crippled or half his size, or he and his homies outnumbered them four to one. That's definitely a punk in my book.
[Reply]
tk13 02:17 PM 02-20-2024
Press conference going on right now, they've charged two adults. If I'm hearing this press conference right the two adults did not know each other before the incident happened. That's interesting.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:19 PM 02-20-2024
Looks like the kid in the red sweatshirt who was taking off his backpack in the TMZ video was the shooter firing some kind of automatic weapon through his backpack. Maybe he's actually 18.

The other shooter is the guy with the pistol who was either firing back at him or started the shooting, who was older by witness accounts. You can see the pistol on the ground amidst a bunch of blood in some of the TMZ pics. Maybe he hit the guy who got his jaw shot off, who seemed to be with the red sweatshirt guy.

It's insane if these kids just showed up packing that much firepower, but not because they were there to put a hit on someone or expecting a firefight.
[Reply]
tyton75 02:20 PM 02-20-2024
Press conference stating that the minors are being handled by a different office. So more than 2 involved I guess?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:21 PM 02-20-2024
Still would love to hear why he had a rifle at the parade.
[Reply]
srvy 02:26 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think hockey players call THEMSELVES "goons"

They probably don't have enough teeth to articulate "enforcer"

[Reply]
tk13 02:27 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by tyton75:
Press conference stating that the minors are being handled by a different office. So more than 2 involved I guess?
They refused to answer but made it sound like there might be more arrests. Also wouldn't say if the adults and minors were connected at all. Just that the two adults did not know each other. Starting to wonder if it's a deal where there was an argument that got out of hand and several people nearby pulled out their guns.
[Reply]
Katipan 02:31 PM 02-20-2024
Marty McSorely is 60 fucking years old.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:42 PM 02-20-2024
That really sucks that that woman died from getting shot in the abdomen. I'm sure they whisked her to the hospital right away, so it must have hit something vital.
[Reply]
digger 02:43 PM 02-20-2024
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=641
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:46 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by :
Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker is providing an update on the investigation into the mass shooting that broke out during the conclusion of the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl victory parade and rally on Valentine's Day.

Two Kansas City men now face murder and other felony charges in connection with the homicide of Elizabeth 'Lisa' Lopez-Galvan and non-fatal shootings of more than 20 others outside Union Station last Wednesday.

Dominic M. Miller, an 18 or 19-year-old born in 2005, of Kansas City and Lyndell Mays, a 22 or 23-year-old born in 2001, of Raytown each face second-degree murder charges, two counts of Armed Criminal Action and the Unlawful Use of a Weapon.

According to court records, the defendants attended the Super Bowl parade and rally on Feb. 14, 2024, and were armed with firearms. A verbal altercation occurred and escalated into the gunfire that broke out into the crowd.

Peters Baker said prosecutors currently believe that Mays pulled his weapon first and that it is believed his weapon is the one that struck and killed Lopez-Galvan.

The Jackson County prosecutor said she anticipates more people to be charged in connection with the shooting in the coming weeks.

In addition to the two men, two unidentified teens have been charged in connection with the shooting as juveniles on gun-related and resisting arrest charges.
FYI
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:46 PM 02-20-2024
Fry them.
[Reply]
luv 02:49 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
FYI
That's one helluva update. Why were they originally being treated as minors and held at a juvenile detention center?
[Reply]
Page 96 of 107
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Up