ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 258
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:38 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Eh, I had this as my expected FA splash for them in my last first-round mock. I'll be fucking damned.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:40 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Never been a generational talent? That is insane. Like...what? What are you looking at?

Are you watching him play or just looking at stat lines?

I don't need to talk about his first several years in the league. Just look at the player in the Rams uniform. The most recent rendition of him.

I'm not saying he's going to be as electrifying as his first 3 years in the league. No one expects him to still run a 4.31.

Even if his speed has deteriorated, his other skills are so damn good, and hands don't just go away with age.

Dude was making Justin Jefferson-type catches at 5-11" before Jefferson was even in the league. The only player in recent memory to even rival his hands is Hopkins.

The number of absolutely ridiculous catches on his resume would stand against anyone's.

And then when you watch him on the Rams, yeah, he's not AS fast, but goddamn the man is still NFL fast.
It's obvious Lonewolf has never played the game.:-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:41 PM 03-14-2023
That Lazard contract (4 yrs x $11m per) is a nice barometer for JuJu's value IMO.

Maybe we can keep JuJu at $15m or less per year?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:47 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
That Lazard contract (4 yrs x $11m) per is a nice barometer for JuJu's value IMO.

Why not 2/21-23?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:50 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Does this mean we're going to get the Sausage back?
Precisely ZERO teams need a fullback. ZERO.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:50 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Why not 2/21-23?
I think JuJu's earned more than Lazard, but I doubt he gets more than $15m per year now. Unless the market's so thin at WR and Lazard coming off the board runs up his price, but seems like the league has tempered on WR contacts a bit this offseason.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:50 PM 03-14-2023
That Lazard contract (4 yrs x $11m per) is a nice barometer for JuJu's value IMO.

I wouldn't offer him anywhere near $15 per.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:54 PM 03-14-2023
ESPN isn't the biggest fan of our latest signing, again:

Grade: B

The Chiefs are in serious need of edge rusher help, and Omenihu might be part of the answer. Last season with the 49ers, he posted a 14% pass rush win rate at edge along with 4.5 sacks. The numbers are just OK -- PRWR average at edge is 16% -- and yet register as career-highs. But then again, it's close to what the Chiefs got from Frank Clark, and they were paying Clark more than what they'll be paying Omenihu. Plus, at just 25 years old, Omenihu still has some upside. It's a fine signing to fill a need in a weak edge rusher free agent class.

We should note that Omenihu was arrested for suspicion of domestic violence on Jan. 23 and issued a restraining order after his girlfriend alleged he pushed her to the ground in an argument. The case was submitted to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office for possible charges. -- Walder

What this means for the 2023 draft: With 11 picks, the reigning Super Bowl champs still have a need at edge rusher, but offensive tackle might be the target in Round 1. The Chiefs can trade up or stick at No. 31 overall, where Darnell Wright (Tennessee) and Dawand Jones (Ohio State) should be available. They are two blockers who make sense at right tackle opposite of Jawaan Taylor. -- Reid
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:57 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
It's obvious Lonewolf has never played the game.:-)
I’ve played as much as you have and probably at a superior level, but that has nothing to do with this conversation. Quick, tell me the last year OBJ performed well on the field for more than a few games?
[Reply]
493rd 08:57 PM 03-14-2023
ESPN isn't the biggest fan of our latest signing, again:

Grade: B

The Chiefs are in serious need of edge rusher help, and Omenihu might be part of the answer. Last season with the 49ers, he posted a 14% pass rush win rate at edge along with 4.5 sacks. The numbers are just OK -- PRWR average at edge is 16% -- and yet register as career-highs. But then again, it's close to what the Chiefs got from Frank Clark, and they were paying Clark more than what they'll be paying Omenihu. Plus, at just 25 years old, Omenihu still has some upside. It's a fine signing to fill a need in a weak edge rusher free agent class.

We should note that Omenihu was arrested for suspicion of domestic violence on Jan. 23 and issued a restraining order after his girlfriend alleged he pushed her to the ground in an argument. The case was submitted to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office for possible charges. -- Walder

What this means for the 2023 draft: With 11 picks, the reigning Super Bowl champs still have a need at edge rusher, but offensive tackle might be the target in Round 1. The Chiefs can trade up or stick at No. 31 overall, where Darnell Wright (Tennessee) and Dawand Jones (Ohio State) should be available. They are two blockers who make sense at right tackle opposite of Jawaan Taylor. -- Reid
Who cares? They’re also the organization that said the Broncos would be good last year. Means nothing.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:57 PM 03-14-2023
How much cap room do we have now?
[Reply]
DRM08 08:59 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dirty player joining a Titans defense that already had some dirty players.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:06 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I’ve played as much as you have and probably at a superior level, but that has nothing to do with this conversation. Quick, tell me the last year OBJ performed well on the field for more than a few games?
You have "ZERO football eyes" for the game to make the statement you did about OBJ not being a generational talent and why I said you never played the game. We are talking about his talent.:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 09:10 PM 03-14-2023
How much cap room do we have now?
Its really however much we want.

We can clear another 60m in space if we want.

If Veach wants to get value, the cap won’t stop him from signing a plus value deal.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:44 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Its really however much we want.

We can clear another 60m in space if we want.

If Veach wants to get value, the cap won’t stop him from signing a plus value deal.
Well then, who's still out there that we want?

Damn it Texans, send us Tusil! lol what was the asking price i'm curious?

...Would you guys be willing to sign OBJ at LT for a fair price if he doesn't find what he's looking for in FA? I wonder if this isn't the game plan all along and we're just driving down the price.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 258
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Up