ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 185
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Coogs 05:46 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I gotta stop listening to podcasts, the other day I heard Jeff Chadiha say Karlaftis has been invisible and disappointing as a player.
I'm almost positive there was a play in the first quarter, but could have been early second, Monday night where Karlaftis blew around the end and had a clear shot at Carr. He was held. And no, there was not a flag.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:49 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I'm almost positive there was a play in the first quarter, but could have been early second, Monday night where Karlaftis blew around the end and had a clear shot at Carr. He was held. And no, there was not a flag.
Just watching game highlights the other night, and there were a lot of holds not called. I'm sure if w watched the full game replay or the A-22 we'd see dozens.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:50 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I really liked the pick, still do. This'll win me no friends BUT, I think Karlaftis has been our most disappointing rookie. He's been fine and I wasn't expecting the same ridiculous "he'll break the rookie sack record" outcome as occasionally predicted. But I've been a bit surprised at how often he's been walled off or washed out miles from the action on run plays. I really thought he'd kill there from day one even if the pass-rush took some time. The play he made against the Bucs where he knifed through for a tackle for loss was the sort of play I imagined him making a LOT. Just hasn't happened yet.

Entirely accept that my expectations were probably still a little high for him in his 1st year, and also that it's comparing him to what I've seen from the rest of the rookie class. He'll come good I'm sure.
I was being sarcastic. But I’d be thrilled with 5 sacks on the year.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:54 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just watching game highlights the other night, and there were a lot of holds not called. I'm sure if w watched the full game replay or the A-22 we'd see dozens.
Was Karlaftis free on the path to sack Carr on one of them fairly early in the game?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Was Karlaftis free on the path to sack Carr on one of them fairly early in the game?
Yeah, think I remember that one. There was a pile of them. And it wasn't one-sided. Our OL committed several holds as well, but no flags.

I just wish the refs would be more consistent. Last year before the season the NFL said that holding along the LoS would be de-emphasized somewhat, or words to that effect, for the sake of the pace of the game. Well, that's a win in my book. Only holding that might've affected the play were supposed to be called. But somehow the refs seem to have gone all the way over the other side and now they aren't going to call holding at all, whether it matters or not. Which is BS.

And now they're calling RTP different, and it's screwing up the outcomes of games. Jarrett gets a flag vs. Brady for the exact same type of sack that Perryman(?) does on Mahomes, but no flag for Pat.

i mean, they're basically identical, except that Jarret gently rolls Brady over and gets flagged, while Pat is whipped to the ground hard enough to bounce, and no flag.

It's utter BS.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:15 PM 10-16-2022
Dude was invisible today.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:17 PM 10-16-2022
so um...looks like i was right

he's a big ball of try hard and not much else
[Reply]
New World Order 06:18 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

High motor. Does all the little things
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:19 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Gritty, brings his lunch pail to work
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:20 PM 10-16-2022
His lunch pail is huge and made of pure titanium.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:21 PM 10-16-2022

The bar isn't CEH, but fuck he's JAG.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:21 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Dude was invisible today.
All season long so far!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:21 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
All season long so far!
Does the preseason count?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:22 PM 10-16-2022
Lol so much for this vaunted rookie class
[Reply]
TEX 06:22 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Thus far. He certainly has not been a difference maker.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 185
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Up