ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 195
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
suzzer99 06:54 PM 03-23-2022
I feel like this is one of those things that isn't a huge mistake either way. Paying Hill more than Adams got was going to leave the cupboard pretty bare and almost certainly require a couple of years of serious rebuilt at some point. This allows us to restock and keep a legit SB window open (depending on how well we restock).
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Earves Twitter takes always crack me up :-)
Stern goofing on The Magic Hour was the funniest he's ever been.

To be fair, Magic gave him a ton of shit to goof on.

Really, most of the saga was just Stern replaying the show and the gang laughing, but that was STILL hilarious.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Veach got raped. He waited too long to get this done and Adams got a new deal and Tyreek said ��

People need to realize it takes two people to negotiate.

Both Hill and his rep were smart enough to know if they waited a bit they would be able to set the market higher.

GMs are not the only ones who are smart, know how to do their job, and understand creating leverage.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Dude that's your second post, they will nail your testicles to the wall... Get ready
You are one of only 2 reasons I hope the Faders have a good year (but lose the division to KC). When you coming to Florida bro??
[Reply]
In58men 06:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Raped….? JFC lol…

At first I didn’t like the compensation but now I realize it’s a good deal…
He should have got it done a lot sooner though. He does seem pretty slow at making our guys priority.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:57 PM 03-23-2022
We’re gonna need more WRs because we currently have zero WRs under contract in 2023
[Reply]
staylor26 06:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
He should have got it done a lot sooner though. He does seem pretty slow at making our guys priority.
:-)
[Reply]
Jerm 06:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
There was no deal to be made…he always wanted the type of $$ he got from Miami.

As if Veach just woke up on Sunday and was like oh man I better get that Tyreek extension done now….
[Reply]
Iconic 06:59 PM 03-23-2022
There was so much smoke about them getting a deal done before Christian Kirk got signed that I think they were pretty close to inking one way before the Adams/Kirk deals. Think Kirk made things difficult and Adams compounded the problem to make it impossible to resolve. Oh well, guess we will see how it all plays out.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:59 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You think everything that transpired happened today? :-):-)

It’s been in the works. Why do you think Hill wasn’t at Mahomes wedding? This has been in the works for a while. We may never know, but I bet something absolutely happened at half time of the AFCCG.
They probably had a chat about this play

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:59 PM 03-23-2022

Couple of nuggets in there...Hill wasn't going to play without a new deal... and Shenault is mentioned as an option along w/MVS... I'd love to see those 2 plus an early pick round out the room. https://t.co/MTWaT1ixYL

— Matt Stagner (@stagdsp) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:00 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
They probably had a chat about this play
Kelce was open on that play too. Fuck Pat this is all your fault!!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:01 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Mahomes better step the **** up because Hardman is the only WR left that remains from Mahomes tenure besides Dieter
Yes, but it is a team sport. Our defense is going to get rebuilt because of this trade. Had we signed Tyreek our D would have been trash. Now we have some money to spend, perhaps draft a stud like J. Wlilliams, and still have all those picks in a deep draft. Veach has proven he can draft. Veach is betting on himself with this one.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:02 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
He wouldn’t have it any other way …. as long as he is the highest paid receiver in the NFL. :-).

Well good on him and his family that he is financially set for life. (Unless South Beach gets the best of him.)

There were signs that this was going to happen. Remember when he wouldn’t restructure his contract to help the team? He wasn’t going to lose money. Would have been nice to keep him at a reasonable salary. But the Chiefs will thrive without him.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:02 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://theathletic.com/3206167/2022...ns-next-in-kc/

Non-paywall version: https://archive.ph/XlbEi

Why friction between Chiefs, Tyreek Hill led to his trade to the Dolphins and what happens next in KC

KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI - JANUARY 16: Tyreek Hill #10 of the Kansas City Chiefs catches the ball for a touchdown in the third quarter of the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFC Wild Card Playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium on January 16, 2022 in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)
By Nate Taylor 11m ago 1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — He wanted to be the NFL’s highest-paid receiver.

So Hill said he was going to hold out.
Another Clay article of speculation? I stopped reading at NFC:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 96 of 195
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Up