Page 96 of 112
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
tredadda 07:08 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm not counting on anything from Ross, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he became a really good player.
That’s the beautiful thing about him. If he stays healthy and plays to his potential the Chiefs get a steal. If not then KC loses nothing.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:47 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That’s the beautiful thing about him. If he stays healthy and plays to his potential the Chiefs get a steal. If not then KC loses nothing.
He was having a good mini camp, on a still fucked up foot. It seems to me that the Chiefs figured it was better to go ahead and fix it right, red-shirt him for a year, and have him properly healthy for '23. As we know, rookies don't play a whole lot at WR for Reid anyway.

Now, we'll see; his injury history is pretty terrifying. But they're not connected, and are kind of freak things. So we'll see.

but it wouldn't surprise me.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:27 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You'll get no argument from me.

He inks Pat to that long term 2nd contract and then immediately wins a SB. When it's harder and more expensive.

Then cuts the teams most explosive weapon, rebuilds the defense, and drafts 10 rookies that contribute heavily. Wins SB in rebuilding year. IN REBUILDING YEAR 1. Has team set up to draft 9 more players the following year.

I don't know what the absolute perfect things for a GM to do would be but Veach is clearly the closest to that I've ever seen...
Some CPers won't like this comparison but Veach is following the Bellichek model.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Some CPers won't like this comparison but Veach is following the Bellichek model.:-)
I’ve been saying this ever since he rebuilt the O-Line. This is the draft that tells us for sure, no doubt Veach is following the same Pat’s model for long term success.

Elite QB
Great O-line
JAG WR’s and RB’s
Solid defense
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:32 PM 02-26-2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

Major DL change, Clarks outm Dunlaps on a 1 year deal same for Nnadi and if Chris Jones comes in asking to be paid like Donald I have a hard time seeing him back...

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Winning the Super Bowl this year, would make it much easier to stomach trading Jones to get younger and more flexible across the board. He’d also play a key role in that, so his stock will never be higher. Same with any other potential tough decisions.
When I heard trade Chris Jones, I got a little sick. Then I thought, Jalen Carter? Would you trade Chris Jones for jalen Carter? Contract in mind…
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:35 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve been saying this ever since he rebuilt the O-Line. This is the draft that tells us for sure, no doubt Veach is following the same Pat’s model for long term success.

Elite QB
Great O-line
JAG WR’s and RB’s
Solid defense
I have to give the Patsies credit where credit is due. Not one year in the Mahomes era has KC fielded anything close to what the Patsiies churned out defensively on a consistent basis. Bill found gem after gem year after year. Brady couldn't do it without him. Amazing.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:56 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I have to give the Patsies credit where credit is due. Not one year in the Mahomes era has KC fielded anything close to what the Patsiies churned out defensively on a consistent basis. Bill found gem after gem year after year. Brady couldn't do it without him. Amazing.
It helps when you cheat.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:42 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It helps when you cheat.
They are cheating POS. That is true.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:59 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Elite QB
Great O-line
JAG WR’s and RB’s
Solid defense
One of the keys so far to both systems is the Elite QB is at a discount.
[Reply]
O.city 10:05 AM 02-27-2023
The 'JAG WR's" talk will look silly when they go trade for one this offseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Getting closer, though.

The Patriots built their defense through smart drafting and BB took over for a guy in Carrol who wasn't going to let the defense atrophy.

The Veach era Chiefs had a defense that needed to be rebuilt from the ground up and it needed to be done quickly so as not to waste some cheap years from Mahomes. And Veach, though he gets mixed grades on the veterans he brought in, largely got the defense to adequate over that short period of time.

But he's also been building a foundation for potentially sustained success long-term. He's finding younger players to replace those short-term veterans.

Just remember that the Patriots were really 2 different dynasties and the first one was built on a foundation that existed prior to BB. Parcells took those guys to a SB w/ Bledsoe, Carroll continued to build in the margins and then BB took over in a very right place, right time scenario. Then after that first burst of success, he had a decade or so to continue to build that roster.

That's where we're getting with Veach now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The 'JAG WR's" talk will look silly when they go trade for one this offseason.
I kinda hope Veach holds his water here.

I said last offseason that the most intriguing part of this plan was to see if it worked. We were zigging while others were zagging at the WR position. And we sure appear to have been vindicated.

But hey, maybe it's a one-off. You can tell luck from skill by its duration so maybe this isn't something sustainable. But you won't know unless/until you know.

So I'd hate to see them go trade for some expensive "true #1 WR" when I think they're awfully close to proving that they don't NEED one.

It's just strange to me that we're seeing people, especially those in the media, approach the Chiefs off-season shopping list as though last season just didn't happen.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:09 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
If you want to talk triggermen on the drafts that got them here, then Andy Reid runs the NFL. No way does Roseman draft all of those fatties that made up over half of their Super Bowl captains without Reid’s input. It’s crazy to think that Reid had a hand in drafting probably 3/4 of the Super Bowl captains in this years big game.
It's absolutely bonkers what Andy Reid's footprint has been in today's NFL.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I kinda hope Veach holds his water here.

I said last offseason that the most intriguing part of this plan was to see if it worked. We were zigging while others were zagging at the WR position. And we sure appear to have been vindicated.

But hey, maybe it's a one-off. You can tell luck from skill by its duration so maybe this isn't something sustainable. But you won't know unless/until you know.

So I'd hate to see them go trade for some expensive "true #1 WR" when I think they're awfully close to proving that they don't NEED one.

It's just strange to me that we're seeing people, especially those in the media, approach the Chiefs off-season shopping list as though last season just didn't happen.
He's an alien for sure and maybe he can do it again.....but Mahomes just papered over alot this year and drug them to a SB.

Now....Dom Draper style, "that's what the money's for" and Pat making what he makes....thems just the breaks and that's what he's gotta do.

But they've always stressed having weapons around him and such so based on their words and previous actions I just don't know that they wanna keep that cupboard as it was.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 02-27-2023
I also think if they can hold off one more offseason, the salary cap becomes really really clean. One more year of doing what they did last year and they're pretty much set.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 112
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Up