ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 104
« First < 45859192939495 96979899 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Bengals (AFC Championship Rd)
RunKC 04:45 PM 01-22-2023
Welp this game has been on everyone’s minds since the start of the season.

Let’s get some revenge goddamnit!
[Reply]
Bengal Billy 12:23 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Welcome to the Arrowhead invitational, brought to you by Bengal Billy!

I like that old school helmet BB, thanks for stopping by!
Thanks,, yeah I have one of those old helmets. Showing my age a little,, but started watching Cincy when they had those old unis (still a kid though back then).
The first year they changed to the striped helmet, it was the same year they went to the SB to face Joe Montana
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:36 PM 01-28-2023
Bengal Billy > whatever (yes that was the trolls username, great creativity)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:37 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bengal Billy:
Thanks,, yeah I have one of those old helmets. Showing my age a little,, but started watching Cincy when they had those old unis (still a kid though back then).
The first year they changed to the striped helmet, it was the same year they went to the SB to face Joe Montana
ah yes. The Ice Bowl AFCCG to get there.

Goal line stand by SF to stop big Pete Johnson. That SB was a real lost opportunity for the Bengals.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:40 PM 01-28-2023
We’ve all mentioned how big the Von Miller loss was for the Bills.

Let’s not forget that DaQuon Jones also wasn’t playing and Jordan Phillips played with a torn rotator cuff.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:42 PM 01-28-2023
How would the Chiefs DL look without Jones and Clark while Saunders plays injured?
[Reply]
Bengal Billy 12:42 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

Goal line stand by SF to stop big Pete Johnson. That SB was a real lost opportunity for the Bengals.
Yup. Old Bengals players said they knew as soon as they saw the Chargers come out of the tunnel that SD was already defeated that game. That weather brutal.

I've been to many cold-ass games in Cincy over the years but wasn't at that one thank goodness. Too young for that mess.

Yeah, that SB was such a good chance for Cincy but Joe Montana, what u gonna do?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:44 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

Dan Bunz, no?
[Reply]
Bengal Billy 12:45 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
We’ve all mentioned how big the Von Miller loss was for the Bills.

Let’s not forget that DaQuon Jones also wasn’t playing and Jordan Phillips played with a torn rotator cuff.

Agree, Bill's D-Line was non-existent last week and add the snow on top of it.

Bengals O-Line gonna get a real test this week.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:47 PM 01-28-2023
I loved those helmets, and I liked those Cincy teams of the 70s -- Ken Anderson, Boobie Clark, Isaac Curtis, Ken Riley, Jim LeClair
[Reply]
Bengal Billy 12:55 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I loved those helmets, and I liked those Cincy teams of the 70s -- Ken Anderson, Boobie Clark, Isaac Curtis, Ken Riley, Jim LeClair
Anderson one of my fave's for sure. Those 70's Cincy teams were pretty good, just had a lot of tough AFC teams back then to deal with
[Reply]
tredadda 01:06 PM 01-28-2023
What's up CP?!

Looking forward to an epic championship game tomorrow.

This is the way it should be, the two best teams (and QBs) in the conference punching it out for a trip to the SB.

Glad to see most of the star players are healthy and playing, that's what you want is the superstars on the field in a game like this. Reports about Mahomes' health look really good. And, even if he is slightly limited to being a pocket passer, Mahomes is extremely good from the pocket (top notch).

Tall task for the Bengals to defeat the same team in back-to-back title games in their own home stadium. Can the Bengals do it? Yes, they are a very good team but it's gonna be really tough to do especially against a QB like PM.

Bengals backup OL looked good against Buffalo but we'll see if that was fool's gold last week. It could be the killer blow for Cincy this week if they can't hold up.

No single team has ever won back-to-back AFC championship games on the Road. Cincy is going for the history of that to be the first to do it. Extremely tough.

I don't see Chiefs losing two in a row in their home stadium to the same team. You never know though. Philly lost championship games two years in a row in their home stadium with Andy Reid as their coach, so we'll see.

I think the Chiefs are likely to win, although I'm obviously rooting for Cincy and you can't ever count them out.

Should be a great one!
Couple of things.

1. You can’t judge Andy losing two championship games in a row as any basis for that. The fact he made two in a row with McNabb as his QB is impressive. Mahomes is light years better than Donovan.

2. Go to KC and get world class BBQ. Once you do you will understand just how disgusting Skyline Chili looks. Plus it’s so good you might change your team allegiance.
[Reply]
Reroka 01:09 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Couple of things.

1. You can’t judge Andy losing two championship games in a row as any basis for that. The fact he made two in a row with McNabb as his QB is impressive. Mahomes is light years better than Donovan.

2. Go to KC and get world class BBQ. Once you do you will understand just how disgusting Skyline Chili looks. Plus it’s so good you might change your team allegiance.
No better place in the world to be BBQ. I miss kc soooo much.
[Reply]
Bengal Billy 01:12 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Couple of things.

Well, that's true. McNabb was definitely no Mahomes.

mmm BBQ. You're making me hungry
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:37 PM 01-28-2023
Ok I finished watching all three Bunholes games (NFLN network is spamming the shit out of them - how about some Eagles/9ers or something?).

Takeaway is that while they were painful, especially last year's AFCCG, I feel a lot better about our chances tomorrow than I did before watching them. We were in all 3 games, and our D for the most part did better than I remembered, although they do seem to get gassed at the end of the game.

One thing I liked was Andy was noticeably more ballsy in this year's regular season game - going for it on 4th down when Mahomes did the Jordan dive.

I kept thinking in the AFCCG - what if we just handed the damn ball off on the 1-yard line before the half? Yes it's risky, but they'd never be expecting it. Has to work 80-90% of the time. Or just do one damn QB sneak. Mahomes doesn't have to fall down, he just needs to push the ball over the line and get out of harm's way. They would NEVER expect that. And as we saw, even passing is risky.

It looks to me like maybe Andy took that to heart and said **** it - we're going for it vs. these guys in the future. We need that. I'm sick of the fear of Mahomes forcing the other team to be correctly aggressive on 4th down, and us turtling up. I don't think they're going to get complacent this year if we get a lead. And the regular season game showed we can come back if we get behind.

I really think there's a good chance we come out and smoke these guys. If not, they're just the better team right now.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:43 PM 01-28-2023
It's mind numbing how we lost that last game
[Reply]
Page 95 of 104
« First < 45859192939495 96979899 > Last »
Up