ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 185
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 02:53 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Kind of felt like he was about to break out against the Raiders early on, but then when Wharton and Clark went out they were playing him inside.

I think the kid is obviously still learning and adjusting, and the thing about him is that you have full confidence in him making improvements. Especially year to year.

The fact that he has more pressures than Walker and Thibodeaux, while being just behind Hutchinson, makes it hard to use the word "disappointing".

The pressure is there, the sacks should come, and it will feel better when they do.
His run defense is very good too. The guy stood up Quentin Nelson and blew up a run. He holds the point really really well. Look at the runs in the Raiders games. There are not very many that are his fault.

He’s gonna be a good all around DE. Just takes some time
[Reply]
staylor26 02:53 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yeah I've felt that a few times. I don't think it's miles off. I think if/when we get something passable on the other side it's going to help. Hopefully with Danna back it's this week.
I totally agree that Danna back will help, because he's clearly been missed.

Hopefully that Frank Clark we saw early on can resurface more often, and stay on the field.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:54 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Man, for me, I just want to see rookies get significant playing time. Karlaftis is our 2nd most-used defensive lineman (after Clark) and I think that says something.

And speaking of availability, I'd have to say McDuffie is the most disappointing so far, through no fault of his own. You always want to see your 1st rounders play.
Absolutely. He's been pretty much an ever-present. Have to say I liked what I saw from McDuffie albeit he was up against absolute dross.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 10-14-2022
Karlaftis was always going to be a guy that you bet on because although he's not super bendy or a freak athlete, he has enough athleticism combined with the work ethic and desire to be great.

This kid was drafted and the first thing he says to his gf is that the Chiefs have some other good pass rushers. He was already envisioning his role and having success.

He just get its and he's a guy you know is 100% bought in. He's going to go workout with Pat's guy in Texas the next few offseasons, and he's going to keep getting better for the first 2-3 years.

I have no doubt he will be a good player/piece, and will really thrive shall we find a size/speed guy opposite of him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:59 PM 10-14-2022
I totally agree that Danna back will help, because he's clearly been missed.

Hopefully that Frank Clark we saw early on can resurface more often, and stay on the field.
Hopefully with Danna coming back, Clark can stay OFF the field a little more. Maybe it will help keep him healthier.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:00 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hopefully with Danna coming back, Clark can stay OFF the field a little more. Maybe it will help keep him healthier.
No doubt. In a perfect world, I think all 4 of our guys should be playing about equally.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:30 PM 10-14-2022
This kid was drafted and the first thing he says to his gf is that the Chiefs have some other good pass rushers.
Ok, I’ll bite. Jones and… ?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:51 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Your mom.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:24 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Obviously he was talking about Clark because of name only.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:54 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Just ****ing great. We burn a first on him and find out hes only half a bosa from some tweets. **** me in the ****ing ass.
NEED MORE SACKS!!!
[Reply]
chop 05:21 PM 10-14-2022
Kind of felt like he was about to break out against the Raiders early on, but then when Wharton and Clark went out they were playing him inside.

I think the kid is obviously still learning and adjusting, and the thing about him is that you have full confidence in him making improvements. Especially year to year.

The fact that he has more pressures than Walker and Thibodeaux, while being just behind Hutchinson, makes it hard to use the word "disappointing".

The pressure is there, the sacks should come, and it will feel better when they do.

I was listening to Detroit radio here in Michigan and they were complaining about Hutchinson's production so far.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:29 PM 10-14-2022
I gotta stop listening to podcasts, the other day I heard Jeff Chadiha say Karlaftis has been invisible and disappointing as a player.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:33 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by chop:
I was listening to Detroit radio here in Michigan and they were complaining about Hutchinson's production so far.
Well yea, he was the consensus #1 player in the draft, so expectations are obviously going to be different.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:34 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by chop:
That whole defense is trash though.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:37 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That whole defense is trash though.
Good point, and they probably thought he was going to be their savior all by himself, so expectations are probably ridiculous for most.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 185
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Up