ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 195
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:46 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
blah blah blah Derek Carr suck, Blah Blah Blah but the best WR in the NFL wants to play with him, Blah blah blah... Time will tell
Do you think that Adams wants to play with Carr for any other reason than the fact he’s getting PAID in a state with no income tax and they are friends from playing together at Fresno State?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
"Miami I’m coming home"

yuck
He lives there in the offseason
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:47 PM 03-23-2022
any reaction from Mahomes? I have been away all day
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:47 PM 03-23-2022
https://theathletic.com/3206167/2022...ns-next-in-kc/

Non-paywall version: https://archive.ph/XlbEi

Originally Posted by :
Why friction between Chiefs, Tyreek Hill led to his trade to the Dolphins and what happens next in KC

KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI - JANUARY 16: Tyreek Hill #10 of the Kansas City Chiefs catches the ball for a touchdown in the third quarter of the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFC Wild Card Playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium on January 16, 2022 in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)
By Nate Taylor 11m ago 1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — He wanted to be the NFL’s highest-paid receiver.

For weeks, this was Tyreek Hill’s message to the Chiefs as he negotiated for a contract extension. The Chiefs countered with a lucrative offer that would have made Hill one of the league’s highest-paid receivers, perhaps as high as a top-five earner at his position. For weeks, neither party was willing to budge.

In the NFL, one market-setting deal at a premium position often leads to another. Last week, the Green Bay Packers traded star receiver Davante Adams to the Las Vegas Raiders — the Chiefs’ archrival — in exchange for their first- and second-round picks (Nos. 22 and 53) in this year’s draft. Adams, upon his arrival earlier this week, signed a five-year, $140 million contract with the Raiders, which includes $66 million guaranteed.

On Monday, Hill, according to multiple sources, told the Chiefs that he wanted to top Adams’ deal. As the friction between Hill and the Chiefs grew, the team decided to make a difficult business decision, one that created yet another seismic shift in the landscape of the AFC in a month full of such transactions: Hill was granted permission to seek a blockbuster trade.
Originally Posted by :
When the offseason began, both Hill and the Chiefs were confident they could agree on a contract extension. The Chiefs knew such a deal, especially earlier this month when the NFL’s free agency period began, would create more salary cap space to help the team acquire more talented veterans. The team was also hoping to persuade Hill into making a decision that was similar to what Kelce did with his last contract extension. In August 2020, Kelce, at age 29, signed a four-year contract extension with the Chiefs worth $57.25 million, including $28 million guaranteed. Kelce’s deal didn’t make him the highest-paid tight end in the league (San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle signed a five-year contract extension with a maximum value of $75 million, including $30 million guaranteed).

Hill, though, realized this was likely the best opportunity in his career, at age 28, to maximize his earning potential. He informed the Chiefs, according to a source, that he wouldn’t play for them in the upcoming season without a new deal.
So Hill said he was going to hold out.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:48 PM 03-23-2022

This was 8 weeks ago. pic.twitter.com/WGFZRSQoL4

— Chiefs Outsider - Chris  (@chiefs_outsider) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
-King- 06:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He’s accrued enough time to be eligible for free agency. And I believe the rule to ‘honor’ a contract year is week 9.

This isn’t a situation where a player needs 5 years of service time to be eligible for FA - he already has that.

He just needs to get the last year of his contract burned off and I believe week 9 is good enough for that.

Hmmm...from articles it seems like everyone thinks it applies to all veterans. But in the CBA, the wording only applies to players with 3 or less years.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:49 PM 03-23-2022
Veach got raped. He waited too long to get this done and Adams got a new deal and Tyreek said ✌��
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:49 PM 03-23-2022
Mahomes is actually going to have to look at Hardman now. CIN knew he got tunnel vision late in games. That's how they won.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03-23-2022, 06:50 PM
This message has been deleted by ThyKingdomCome15.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:51 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Mahomes is actually going to have to look at Hardman now. CIN knew he got tunnel vision late in games. That's how they won.
Mahomes better step the fuck up because Hardman is the only WR left that remains from Mahomes tenure besides Dieter
[Reply]
Jerm 06:51 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Veach got raped. He waited too long to get this done and Adams got a new deal and Tyreek said ✌��
Raped….? JFC lol…

At first I didn’t like the compensation but now I realize it’s a good deal…
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I'm really worried that Veach got caught flat footed here.

I refuse to believe he went into the offseason planning to trade Tyreek Hill.
You think everything that transpired happened today? :-):-)

It’s been in the works. Why do you think Hill wasn’t at Mahomes wedding? This has been in the works for a while. We may never know, but I bet something absolutely happened at half time of the AFCCG.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 06:53 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
yeah, like going to D-Rob twice on the last drive?? C'mon man... :-)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:53 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Mahomes is not Brady..we have to stop with the Pats comparisons. .
Mahomes is a terrific QB, arguably the best QB playing today but he’s not the GOAT and that’s ok. That’s an unfair comparison for anyone.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:53 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You think everything that transpired happened today? :-):-)

It’s been in the works. Why do you think Hill wasn’t at Mahomes wedding? This has been in the works for a while. We may never know, but I bet something absolutely happened at half time of the AFCCG.
Rap sheet literally just said chiefs were about to pay Tyreek 21 mil a year than Tyreek saw adams deal and wanted more
[Reply]
Coogs 06:53 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Mahomes better step the **** up because Hardman is the only WR left that remains from Mahomes tenure besides Dieter
Remember Albert Wilson?

We'll be fine!
[Reply]
Page 95 of 195
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Up