ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 192
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:28 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Oh you funny. Very funny. Everyone likes you I'm sure.

He switched when Joe Staley got hurt. I think that was week 7.
Calling Orlando Brown Jr OBJ is horid. Call him his name. The only nickname that makes sense is Apollo for he is also the son of Zues.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tredadda 09:41 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The other PFF idiot Mike Renner says that the Chiefs are too top heavy and need to hit on draft picks, but now they can’t because they traded all of their picks!

Can somebody please tell this idiot that the Chiefs also got a 2nd back and have pretty much all of their future picks?
Wouldn't matter anyways. These guys are set on one model and Veach operates on another. Considering Veach's model has led to back to back SB appearances (one win) and we are the favorite to win again, I think Veach just might know what he is doing.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:42 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Calling Orlando Brown Jr OBJ is horid. Call him his name. The only nickname that makes sense is Apollo for he is also the son of Zues.

I am not a fan of OBJ either. Every time I see it I think Odell Beckham Jr.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
He'd played RT his entire tenure there until this year. You think he's sitting out if they tell him he's the RT?
He told them he was playing LT or wanted to be traded. They traded him.

It was a distinct possibility. At the very least, it's an ongoing distraction.

It seems like you're going to great lengths to defend a position ("the Chiefs will never trade with the Ravens") that was actually proven dead wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:46 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You're not thinking about this correctly.

The Chiefs are already better than the Ravens. The Chiefs biggest hole that would be holding them back for the next several years is LT. The Ravens went and gave the Chiefs a potential Pro Bowl LT of the future.

There is no position on the Ravens nearly as important to their team as LT is to the Chiefs. They're just not built that way. Yeah, they need more talent at WR, but they could have prime Jerry Rice and the improvement he would bestow upon the Ravens with Lamar at QB still isn't to the level that OBJ can elevate our offense.

Yes, those picks will make the Ravens better, but OBJ will make the Chiefs better-er. It's all relative.
Well, those extra picks that the Ravens got could be ammunition to trade up and get Justin Fields, according to Bucky Brooks. I'd say Baltimore with 75% of Lamar's legs but 150% of his passing arm would be pretty fucking dangerous.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:47 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Because he was a young player trying to make a career? He got his chance at LT and proved he can be a very good LT. Why would he go back after that?
That's exactly what happened.

He didn't decide after two years at RT that he wanted to be moved to LT.

He decided after more than half of a season at LT he didn't want to go BACK to RT.

He believed he proved he could play LT and wanted to stay there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

There's other options - Zeus had more than one son.

But yeah, I hate calling him OBJ.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:15 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I like calling him that, because it's a "fuck you" this is our guy because no one has an exclusive right to initials.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:08 AM 04-28-2021
Well, those extra picks that the Ravens got could be ammunition to trade up and get Justin Fields, according to Bucky Brooks. I'd say Baltimore with 75% of Lamar's legs but 150% of his passing arm would be pretty fucking dangerous.
There are any number of possibilities you can throw out like that. And we could somehow draft someone with their pick in the 2nd that turns out to be a huge differencemaker for us.

I don't think that I'm more afraid of a Ravens team with an untested Fields. But they should absolutely be more afraid of a Chiefs team with a complete OL.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:07 AM 04-28-2021
If they don't want Lamar, they should trade HIS ass and collect the picks from that. Doesn't do much good to continue building around limited guys like Fields if you don't have the spare draft capital to actually build around them.

And by limited, I don't mean physically or talent-wise. I just don't think Fields will be very good at all.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:18 AM 04-28-2021
Nothing new here, but kind of interesting to hear that Orlando Brown was VERY vocal about playing LT ever since he got to Baltimore

[Reply]
tmax63 06:43 AM 04-28-2021
This year's draft to me almost felt like the year the Chiefs drafted Big Fish. No clear cut choice, no one really jumping out as the obvious pick. That was one of the worst years ever to have the #1 pick and Because Chiefs. This year, no good value picks expected to make it to #31 because of the # of 1st round grades on most boards. I think losing Williams and getting Brown Jr. will be looked back on in a decade as one of the best "hand of fate" moves in a long time. Especially getting the 2nd back in return.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:30 AM 04-28-2021
I'm a little worried that he keeps calling Mahomes "Pat" instead of Patrick. That could be a problem with Patrick's mom...

...:-)
[Reply]
wazu 07:33 AM 04-28-2021

I like the snub aspect. We have the more relevant OBJ.
[Reply]
Shields68 07:34 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If they don't want Lamar, they should trade HIS ass and collect the picks from that. Doesn't do much good to continue building around limited guys like Fields if you don't have the spare draft capital to actually build around them.

And by limited, I don't mean physically or talent-wise. I just don't think Fields will be very good at all.
Lamar is not going anywhere.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 192
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Up