ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 256
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 05:22 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And the Ravens.
If you think the Ravens putting the tag they did on Lamar to let him see there was no market for a guaranteed deal out there for him while preserving the right to retain him, waiting until Hurts got his deal done, and ultimately signing Lamar for basically the same offer they made to him before the season even began is a lack of confidence in him, then you don’t know what you’re looking at. It was a calculated move by the savviest organization in American professional sports, and it was immediately paid off with an MVP.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:22 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by zapocalypse:
This sounds like something an emo Swifty would say, please now produce images of the concert tickets everyone knows you have. And, pictures of your favorite dress.

Baltimore is glad the Cleveland Browns are out, fans were more worried about the Cleveland Browns than anyone.

We know your only trip to the SB is via that Ref crew being sent out. You better tell Patty to get ready for more than snowballs.
Excuses already?

"Its....afraid!"
[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 05:23 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You realize this is a much more talented defense and the best in the NFL this season. You....do...realize...that right?
What metrics are you using that says you're the best defense in the NFL? I think you're underestimating just how talented this offense is.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:23 PM 01-24-2024
This sounds like something an emo Swifty would say, please now produce images of the concert tickets everyone knows you have. And, pictures of your favorite dress.

Baltimore is glad the Cleveland Browns are out, fans were more worried about the Cleveland Browns than anyone.

We know your only trip to the SB is via that Ref crew being sent out. You better tell Patty to get ready for more than snowballs.
and, the opposing fan base retard phase has begun.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:23 PM 01-24-2024
Ravens game day atmosphere and crowd noise is also complete garbage. It's not even loud there :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:24 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by OneWinningDrive:
My contention is more so that the Ravens aren’t just some other team that has had a fun season and is a speed bump in your way. This is as stiff of a test for the Chiefs as it comes. And vice versa. Whichever team wins this game will have earned it.
I don't recall anyone here acting like the Ravens are a speed bump or a team that simply had a "fun season." No one serious, anyway.

They've gotten quite a bit of respect on here. This board was very confident of a win against the Bills and didn't see a way the Chiefs lost except for the Chiefs screwing it up and handing it to them. That is not the case this week.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:25 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by OneWinningDrive:
If you think the Ravens putting the tag they did on Lamar to let him see there was no market for a guaranteed deal out there for him while preserving the right to retain him, waiting until Hurts got his deal done, and ultimately signing Lamar for basically the same offer they made to him before the season even began is a lack of confidence in him, then you don’t know what you’re looking at. It was a calculated move by the savviest organization in American professional sports, and it was immediately paid off with an MVP.
Yeah - trying to deal your QB away then giving him a deal you can escape before he turns 30 just reeks of a team that's confident he's winning with his mind...
[Reply]
DaFace 05:25 PM 01-24-2024
Your own front office tried TO GET RID OF Lamar.

NO ONE wanted him
Eh, that's not really true. No one wanted to give up two first-round draft picks for him PLUS take on his salary PLUS piss off the Ravens for future trades. Sometimes the tag is just used to help understand the market.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:26 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't recall anyone here acting like the Ravens are a speed bump or a team that simply had a "fun season." No one serious, anyway.

They've gotten quite a bit of respect on here. This board was very confident of a win against the Bills and didn't see a way the Chiefs lost except for the Chiefs screwing it up and handing it to them. That is not the case this week.
I wouldn't take coinflip odds on the Chiefs.

I also wouldn't trust Lamar Jackson to change the air in my tires.

These things are not mutually exclusive.
[Reply]
kstater 05:26 PM 01-24-2024

Lamar Jackson is a dynamic athlete - the greatest to ever play the position. And because of that, he's an absolute pain in the ass to play defense against. .
To be fair, he never said Lamar was the greatest to ever play. He only said Lamar was a generational talent.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 05:27 PM 01-24-2024
Yup.

He's gonna still be amazing when he's 33 and doesn't have his legs to create coverage chaos and allow holes in the back end to develop. Because...savant.

That's definitely why the Ravens weren't willing to give him all those guarantees he was asking for, obviously why they were trying to drum up a trade market for him and clearly why they made sure to leave themselves an out in his contract before he turned 30...

Probably because they figured that when he's 30 years old, he'll be looking to get started on his career as an offensive coordinator. That's them just doing him a solid.
Even the Chiefs weren't going to give Mahomea a fully guaranteed. The were trying to drum up trade interest? No they wanted Lamar in Baltimore but they or any other team were going to give him a fully guaranteed deal. His contract is consider the more player friendly contracts of any that was signed.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:27 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Once again, ALL the pressure is on Baltimore.
What? Dude, haven’t you heard? This is a legacy defining game for Mahomes! Without this win his legacy is in doubt! ALL the pressure is on KC’s side, bro!
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 05:27 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I think it goes both ways. There are people acknowledging that the Ravens are a worthy challenger. But there are as many if not more expressly stating that the Chiefs have seen and dispatched teams better than the Ravens many times before and will assuredly do so again. You’re right that they’re not serious people though, so I shouldn’t dwell.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 05:27 PM 01-24-2024

What QBs have the Ravens faced all season? Only decent ones are Stroud x2, Herbert, Purdy, and Tua.

In contrast, the Chiefs have faced Herbert x2, Hurts, Allen x2, Love, and Tua...

They have not faced a QB of the caliber of Mahomes.
[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 05:28 PM 01-24-2024
Why are you lying. This never happened
I know this because Lamar himself and John Harbaugh said it.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 256
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up