ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 107
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:38 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by SPchief:
What's the point of even putting pants on at that point on the guy in the blue boxers?
IIRC another guy was wearing the same color. I assume it's a gang thing.
[Reply]
baitism 01:43 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Juveniles being suspects changes everything about how much info gets released. I know you sort of mentioned that but that fact really governs most everything about the flow of info no matter what the media asks.
Sure did for Kyle Rittenhouse...
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:07 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by baitism:
Sure did for Kyle Rittenhouse...
If there is one thing we know about policies, law enforcement, and laws is that they are the same in every city county and state...all across the country every single police department does things the same exact way and in every state laws do not differ event a little bit. Makes it easier for you and I to have this apples to apples discussion.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:04 AM 02-19-2024
Damn that TMZ video must have been seconds before the shooting. You can see the kid in the red sweatshirt take off his backpack and reach his hand in it, and someone is trying to hold him back a little (probably the woman that a witness said was saying, "Don't do it!").

Should be pretty easy to apprehend the red sweatshirt guy with his face on camera. These kids never run very far. And it looks like he was with the Carhart guy, who was apprehended.

So now we know there is a kid who got his jaw shot off. Is he in custody? He had to show up at a hospital somewhere.

I know it's juveniles but the press could at least be asking if the cops have a suspect in custody with an injured jaw. Very frustrating that TMZ is the main source of info now.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/17/kansa...?adid=share-tw

Here's the TMZ article, which has a few more details.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:07 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Damn that TMZ video must have been seconds before the shooting. You can see the kid in the red sweatshirt take off his backpack and reach his hand in it, and someone is trying to hold him back a little (probably the woman that a witness said was saying, "Don't do it!").

Should be pretty easy to apprehend the red sweatshirt guy with his face on camera. These kids never run very far. And it looks like he was with the Carhart guy, who was apprehended.

So now I'm thinking the guy who got his jaw shot off was on the receiving end of the red sweatshirt kid. Is he in custody? He had to show up at a hospital somewhere.

I know it's juveniles but the press could at least be asking if the cops have a suspect in custody with an injured jaw. Very frustrating that TMZ is the main source of info now.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/17/kansa...?adid=share-tw

Here's the TMZ article, which has a few more details.
If the Mayors office does anything well it is managing the local media. Every TV station is firmly in his camp on all things. The local radio talkers slobber over him every time he calls in. And his social media is run with an iron fist. He blocks, or his people block, every account that dares to challenge any issue or policy he creates. He is a PR machine on local and national stage.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:50 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Must just be a flyover country thing.

I can't recall if the whole Ralph Yarl story got much exposure nationally
That was international news and everywhere for months.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:19 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
That was international news and everywhere for months.
Oh I’m aware
[Reply]
BWillie 11:24 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Juveniles being suspects changes everything about how much info gets released. I know you sort of mentioned that but that fact really governs most everything about the flow of info no matter what the media asks.
School shooters are almost always juveniles and it doesn't stop the media then.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:26 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
School shooters are almost always juveniles and it doesn't stop the media then.
You don't know what you're talking about, Fat Zach is a dispatcher for gods sake.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:52 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
You don't know what you're talking about, Fat Big Bodied Zach is a dispatcher for gods sake.
FYP
[Reply]
Pinchshot 09:42 PM 02-19-2024
WTH is up with the mayor of KC? Defending the shooters. What a POS.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:43 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
WTH is up with the mayor of KC? Defending the shooters. What a POS.
Quote?
[Reply]
Pinchshot 09:46 PM 02-19-2024
He's asking people not to call them thugs. We know why and it has nothing to do with age.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:52 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
He's asking people not to call them thugs. We know why and it has nothing to do with age.
Yea, we aren't supposed to use it now because Rappers use it... :-)

Thugs is an old old old word... and it fits.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thug
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:05 PM 02-19-2024
Thug is a loaded word that at the moment means "black criminal". When was the last time you heard of a white thug? Maybe in the future thug will go back to being race-neutral and not a big deal.

Rappers use it for the same reason they use the N-word: to take ownership of it, and also to try to sound badass.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 107
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Up