Page 94 of 112
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
JPH83 12:53 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Honestly might be the best two GMs in the league.
I think this is right. I still can't believe we won it all with a million rookies. Holy f***
[Reply]
RunKC 11:22 AM 02-26-2023
The Chiefs have one bad contact on the books and that’s Frank Clark, in which they can save $21 million by releasing this Spring.

The only other huge cap hits on the books currently are as follows:

Patrick Mahomes
Chris Jones
Joe Thuney
Orlando Brown-Franchise tag

Those players are 100% worth their price tag, Brown Jr is at a slight deal currently. We also have flexibility to create more cap room if necessary.

Veach and Tullis have done an excellent job. It’s like the complete opposite of John Dorsey’s shitty cap management.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:30 AM 02-26-2023
I’d put Lynch up there too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:32 AM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Not bad for both guys being nothing but Andy Reid yes men!

Right, Chiefshrink?
foot shuffling porters, the lot.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:34 AM 02-26-2023
In three offseasons, Veach completely rebuild the secondary, the linebacking corps, and the offensive line.

That's pretty remarkable.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:35 AM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
not until he’s proven he can get a QB
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:54 AM 02-26-2023
Other than a massive whiff on Trey Lance and the DL trade to Indy, he’s been ok.

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
In three offseasons, Veach completely rebuild the secondary, the linebacking corps, and the offensive line.

That's pretty remarkable.
Not to mention WR.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:08 PM 02-26-2023
Man, this is rough. He has put together a quality roster but there's also been a couple REALLY bad whiffs. Being unable to pay Buckner because of Ford and bitching the pick they got for him and the Trey Lance debacle may have permanently set that team back for the foreseeable future.

Good friend is a diehard 9ers fan and apparently Lance still can't differentiate between when he's supposed to be in shotgun and under center. That was after an entire year of sitting and learning. Also why the locker room got behind Purdy so fast.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02-26-2023, 12:11 PM
This message has been deleted by Skyy God.
Sassy Squatch 12:12 PM 02-26-2023
Also that bizarre do si doe they did with Garoppolo for a couple years. Should've been dumped for assets when they had the chance.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:27 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Man, this is rough. He has put together a quality roster but there's also been a couple REALLY bad whiffs. Being unable to pay Buckner because of Ford and bitching the pick they got for him and the Trey Lance debacle may have permanently set that team back for the foreseeable future.

Good friend is a diehard 9ers fan and apparently Lance still can't differentiate between when he's supposed to be in shotgun and under center. That was after an entire year of sitting and learning. Also why the locker room got behind Purdy so fast.
Another one. They drafted Solomon Thomas #3 instead of Patrick Mahomes. They needed a QB just as much as Chicago, Jets, Panthers, and others who elected to snub Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:40 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Another one. They drafted Solomon Thomas #3 instead of Patrick Mahomes. They needed a QB just as much as Chicago, Jets, Panthers, and others who elected to snub Mahomes.
Mmm. Yep. That was Lynch first year, right?
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:42 PM 02-26-2023
Veach is the champion.

Those other top tier GMs are pretty good.

https://youtu.be/68jAfiXmsUA
[Reply]
DRM08 12:47 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Mmm. Yep. That was Lynch first year, right?
Correct. Year 1 for both Lynch & Shanarat.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:48 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
GMs get heaped praise when they need a QB and pass on a guy who becomes a future bust, but if that happens, they also need to get flayed alive if they pass on a QB who becomes a HOFer.

Even moreso because Thomas ended up being a pretty bad pick.

I think Lynch deserves far more criticism than he gets. Not sure if he or Rat Jr were responsible for Lance, but they're definitely both responsible for passing on Mahomes and being smug pricks about it. "Huh huh huh look at all the desperate teams trading up and reaching on QBs huh huh huh"

Suck it, Lynch. Donk trash.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:39 PM 02-26-2023
My own personal power rankings:

1A. Howie Roseman, Eagles
1B. Brett Veach, Chiefs
2. Tom Telesco, Chargers
3. John Lynch, 49ers
4. Eric DeCosta, Ravens
5. Brandon Beane, Bills

Only thing that, to me, gives Roseman a whisker of an advantage over Veach is that Roseman basically built that entire Chiefs team, with very few exceptions.

Veach built this entire Chiefs team, but he wasn't the triggerman on its biggest pieces, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, and Jones. That's not a disadvantage to Veach, it's just an extra edge that Roseman gets.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 112
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Up