ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 335
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:58 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Cool, thanks. I am not sure what those letters refer to but I have seen a few theories and other things here and there so I might have heard already. Are those letters referencing names of people, places, or something else?
Its all speculation because the books at George R.R.'s write rate will be finished 30 years from now. No one knows for sure. The books are not even close to R+L= J

But R+L= J in laymans terms, leaving books full of material out of the paragraph. And I'm sure grief from book readers...........
Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 04:57 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Its all speculation because the books at George R.R.'s write rate will be finished 30 years from now. No one knows for sure. The books are not even close to R+L= J

But R+L= J in laymans terms, leaving books full of material out of the paragraph. And I'm sure grief from book readers...........
Spoiler!
R+L=J means what you said in spoilers?

No.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04-20-2016, 04:58 PM
This message has been deleted by SAUTO.
Hawk 05:21 PM 04-20-2016
Not quite BRC, you're talking about Dany's vision in the House of Undying in the books where she sees her brother prince Rhaegar and he is talking about how the dragon has three heads. Most people think that means three people will ride the dragons, but I'd say Dany is the only certain one right now, Tyrion and John Snow are possible but are both pretty uncertain as well. One of them could even end up being Bran warging a dragon, or the vision could be false altogether. But R+L=J is a bit simpler than all that.

If you haven't read the books, and if you don't already know about R+L=J, then I'd advise you to let it play out this season as it will almost certainly be confirmed on the show this season (not yet confirmed in books, but most people accept it as true), and it would be way cooler to see it on the show than to have someone on a message board tell you about it. The show actually hinted at it last season, but you'd probably only pick up on the hints if you already knew about it.

Anyway, all that is to say there are still some potential spoilers this season for non-readers, some of which could be pretty major. I think they will get covered in the first few episodes though, so the wait should not be too long.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:04 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Mostly. There are still a few things covered in the books and discussed in here that have not been covered on the show but look like they may be (or are rumored to be) covered in the coming season.

However, I'm not sure any of them are huge spoilers except R+L=J, which would be a huge spoiler if you don't know what that is already, though it is still an unproven theory at this point, and I think even most non-readers already know about that one by now.

LSH is another big one, though it is not that likely to happen on the show, and most non-readers also know about it by now.

Iron Island / Greyjoy stuff from the books will for sure be covered this season based on the trailers, but none of that is as big a spoiler as the two I mentioned above.
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Cool, thanks. I am not sure what those letters refer to but I have seen a few theories and other things here and there so I might have heard already. Are those letters referencing names of people, places, or something else?
OK, Sr. Tegu.

R+L=J
Spoiler!

LSH
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 08:31 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Rickon + Loras= Jorah
R+L=J

[Reply]
RustShack 08:48 PM 04-20-2016
Generations of compound inbreeding have preserved in the Targaryen bloodline the classic Valyrian features of silver-white (platinum blonde) hair, and very fair, pale skin. Allegedly, this also preserved in their bloodline the ability to successfully bond with and ride dragons. They also seem to be somewhat more tolerant of extreme heat and high temperatures than other people, though they are by no means invulnerable to fire – or at least, not all of them.
[Reply]
Hawk 11:16 AM 04-21-2016
OK, Sr. Tegu.

R+L=J
Spoiler!

LSH
Spoiler!
Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but since it's out there, I'll add a little more explanation for those that want it:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sorter 12:06 PM 04-21-2016
Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but since it's out there, I'll add a little more explanation for those that want it:

Spoiler!
Job well done, ser.
[Reply]
Sorter 12:07 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
:-).
[Reply]
Sorter 12:07 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Generations of compound inbreeding have preserved in the Targaryen bloodline the classic Valyrian features of silver-white (platinum blonde) hair, and very fair, pale skin. Allegedly, this also preserved in their bloodline the ability to successfully bond with and ride dragons. They also seem to be somewhat more tolerant of extreme heat and high temperatures than other people, though they are by no means invulnerable to fire – or at least, not all of them.
Are you drunk when you post in this thread?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:25 PM 04-21-2016

Spoiler!
Which was my point of my explanation of R+L=J not what the literal translation was but when "most people", not being hard core GOT'rs talk about the eventual ending and the R+L=J theory. This is what they are talking about.

Well done sir!

Snow could never have been Ned's bastard son. It would be against everything that makes Ned, Ned. I figured that out the first season before reading the books.

Now, who's son is it? With the book dream scene and looks like the Tower of joy will be in this TV's season. We will know for sure.
[Reply]
RustShack 02:45 PM 04-21-2016
Are you drunk when you post in this thread?
What's wrong with what I said?
[Reply]
RustShack 02:50 PM 04-21-2016
Tyrion being a Targaryen makes sense too, and why his "father" kept him around. Wouldn't want people knowing the love of his wife had a child with someone else. He also has said a few things such as "I have no way of proving you aren't my son". And that would also be another reason he's told he will never have Castely Rock. He just loved his wife so much he kept her child.

Side note that would make Danys, Jons, and Tyrions mothers all die at child birth. They are the three dragons.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:57 PM 04-21-2016
Announced officially today that season 7 is a go.
[Reply]
Sorter 03:10 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
What's wrong with what I said?
Your posts are random.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 335
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up