ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 139
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean yeah nobody is like Andy Reid but players seemed to love him in Buffalo and they seem to love him in New York. I'm not getting that "Patriot Way" vibe from him at all.
Winning masks a lot of ills. Wait until the Giants face some adversity.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:52 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
For better or worse, there are just some young players who need to be in a winning culture to succeed. Sometimes we forget this guys are coming in at ~21 years old and have been pampered most of their lives and constantly told how great they were, especially a guy as gifted as Toney.

He probably saw from the first time he practiced with Jones at QB he was going to be totally wasted in that offense and could never get properly motivated. Not saying that's a good trait, but you'll see it more and more with this new era of players. They aren't coming in with the same mindset of just appreciating being in the NFL like they used to, especially the cream of the crop. He thought he deserved better, and he probably did. Was it a great approach? You tell me, he now plays for the Chiefs with the best QB on planet Earth throwing him the ball. So I'd say he came out a winner, as did we.

It really is amazing to watch the Chiefs environment in general fix issues players have elsewhere. Generally.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:55 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It really is amazing to watch the Chiefs environment in general fix issues players have elsewhere. Generally.
It's exactly like what New England had through most of their runs. We will have reclamation projects coming here to get right, and we will have veterans like JuJu and Dunlap coming here dirt cheap to try and win it all and get one last payday.

It's pretty sweet.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:57 AM 11-11-2022
I will never stop being astounded by Randy Moss going from being washed on the Raiders and only getting three touchdowns to getting 23 and an undefeated regular season the next year.

That's the ceiling of what is possible on reclamation projects.

What I'm saying is, fully expect 1500 yards and 23 touchdowns from Toney next season, anything less is utter failure.
[Reply]
-King- 10:08 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Winning masks a lot of ills. Wait until the Giants face some adversity.
Seems like you're basing this on you hating Daboll/Patriot Way and not any real evidence.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:11 AM 11-11-2022
Seems like you're basing this on you hating Daboll/Patriot Way and not any real evidence.
Do you not remember what was said about him when he was here? I'm basing it off of reports from around the league about the guy.
[Reply]
-King- 10:48 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Do you not remember what was said about him when he was here? I'm basing it off of reports from around the league about the guy.
The one year 10 years ago he was here under Romeo crennel and Scott Pioli coaching Matt Cassel? Kinda blocked that out of my memory and I wouldn't hold it against him if he was a certain way that year under those conditions. Seems like the last 4 or 5 would be more relevant.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Did you... uhhh... watch the game tonight?

There is no gets ugly. That shit IS ugly.
The Falcons make no sense to me.

Insane draft capital spent on 2 very large targets w/ rare athleticism for people that size....and they don't use them. Ever.

And they refuse to acknowledge that Mariota is ass.

It's just so bizarre - use your weapons, guys. What are you doing here?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:01 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Insane draft capital spent on 2 very large targets w/ rare athleticism for people that size....and they don't use them. Ever.

Taking Pitts when all they had was a mummy in Matt Ryan at QB was the dumbest fucking thing imaginable.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:05 AM 11-11-2022
I will never stop being astounded by Randy Moss going from being washed on the Raiders and only getting three touchdowns to getting 23 and an undefeated regular season the next year.

What I'm saying is, fully expect 1500 yards and 23 touchdowns from Toney next season, anything less is utter failure.

[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:09 AM 11-11-2022
The absolute best part of Toney is that you have a legitimate first round talent under cost control for the next two years (plus the 5th year option). When the time comes, let him walk and sign a massive deal elsewhere and you'll have actually get back a better pick than the one you gave up for him.

The big complaint about our draft this year was not getting a playmaker on offense in the first. Problem solved.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 PM 11-11-2022
The one year 10 years ago he was here under Romeo crennel and Scott Pioli coaching Matt Cassel? Kinda blocked that out of my memory and I wouldn't hold it against him if he was a certain way that year under those conditions. Seems like the last 4 or 5 would be more relevant.
You wouldn't hold it against him if he worked in lockstep with them and acted just like Todd Haley?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:41 PM 11-11-2022
:-)

[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:43 PM 11-11-2022
Probably what im most looking forward to seeing Sunday: The continued development and usage of Toney.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:48 PM 11-11-2022

:-)

I see no problems here.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It's inexplicable.

And I hadn't paid much attention but I figured Mariota was at least being Alex Smith level competent. NOPE. That was a Twilight Zone Tyler Palko performance. Instead of having nothing physically, Mariota had nothing mentally. That was as bad of a QB decision making performance as I've seen. Maybe ever.

FFS, it would be better if he took the Hutard approach and shut his eyes and threw it wherever Pitts was supposed to be.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 139
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103 > Last »
Up