ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 185
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
JPH83 10:32 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I said it in the Dunlap thread - he was never a viable replacement for Quinn. Because even last season when he had solid production, his win rates were below average. I think I noted he was closer to Clark than league average.

Dunlap is a guy who gets some sacks, but he doesn't consistently impact plays positively. He's a pure rotational player at this point in his career and will likely see most of his production be either matchup dependent or possibly coverage sacks.

He's not a difference maker and never should have been considered as such.
The player we absolutely should have prioritised is Ingram. Quinn's not having a great year. Ingram is having ANOTHER solid one. The guy isn't flashy, won't have the sack numbers, but he is endlessly productive and reliable. But loads of people here were happy to wave him off.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM 10-12-2022
Where are we going to find a time machine to go back and draft Sam Williams?

Man he looked good against LA last week. Limited reps but impactful every time he was out there.

via GIPHY

Don't be coy. You guys all know the answer. You know it's gonna happen.

You can keep running from it. It's gonna catch on
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:51 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
7 sacks 2019
4.5 sacks last year..

seems like another chiefs reach pick (reach..get it..,this guy has t-rex arms)

we dont need more pressure we need qb killers..

Sacks aren’t his specialty….pressure is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:01 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That's going to vary from play to play.

Question for you though. Why is it DPI if the DB doesn't get his head turned? In what universe is that some catch all? As long as he doesn't shove the WR away from the ball or impeded him from coming back....what does it matter?

Carr underthrew the ball and that catch would have been hard as **** for Adams if Watson wasn't there. It's a stupid ****ing call.

The #Chargers went for it on 4th and 2 from their side on the field with 1 minute left.

They are only up two points, so this basically might lose them the game. pic.twitter.com/umtEFvK8Db

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) October 9, 2022

But for some reason this isn't DPI. I guess maybe Williams didn't fight hard enough to get through the defender?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

But for some reason this isn't DPI. I guess maybe Williams didn't fight hard enough to get through the defender?
My druthers is that neither of those plays are a DPI.

Defender made a play on the ball. The contact was incidental to the fact that the ball was knocked away.

And on the Watson play, Watson was there and the ball was underthrown. He had already established inside position and because of where he was positioned, the ball was not going to be caught. The rest is masturbating.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:06 AM 10-12-2022
Weird. I thought George had a couple sacks. Did he have any plays called back by penalty?

Whatever. He'll be fine. He's a rookie, that came from a small school. It was always going to take some time for him to adjust to the NFL. He has the physical attributes to play at this level; he just needs to develop mentally.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Weird. I thought George had a couple sacks. Did he have any plays called back by penalty?

Whatever. He'll be fine. He's a rookie, that came from a small school. It was always going to take some time for him to adjust to the NFL. He has the physical attributes to play at this level; he just needs to develop mentally.
Purdue is a small school now?
[Reply]
irafreak 11:16 AM 10-12-2022
I didn't like the 1 year decision to challenge to create a penalty. I would be okay with the ability to challenge a bad penalty though. Then it's just either keep the penalty or pick up the flag.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:21 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I didn't like the 1 year decision to challenge to create a penalty. I would be okay with the ability to challenge a bad penalty though. Then it's just either keep the penalty or pick up the flag.
They should never allow teams to challenge an unthrown flag on roughing the passer. But if they do, I think the NFL should call it the Tom Brady Rule.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:49 AM 10-12-2022
Purdue is a small school now?
Small might be the wrong word. They aren't Alabama, okay? Purdue has had just two winning seasons in the last ten years, right? They aren't a big time program.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:35 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yet they miss shit like Juju getting his hand held down by the Raiders defender. Somehow it’s okay to make the WR only have one hand as long as your head is turned around.
The most egregious examples are the games where you get these phantom penalties for roughing Carr and Ryan, but in the same games an opposing defender hits Mahomes late directly IN FRONT OF the REF's FACE, and they don't call shit. Those aren't oversights...they're agendas. It absolutely blows my mind that they don't seem to have any interest in protecting the best young QB in the league. It's mind-bottling.

Hell one of the Raiders defenders slung Mahomes (just like what happened to Tua and what they said they were calling the defender for against Brady) and nothing.

That's my real beef.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:42 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
The player we absolutely should have prioritised is Ingram. Quinn's not having a great year. Ingram is having ANOTHER solid one. The guy isn't flashy, won't have the sack numbers, but he is endlessly productive and reliable. But loads of people here were happy to wave him off.
Not me. I couldn't believe we didn't resign him...
1.) because we're so thin there
2.) he was EXCELLENT value
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:42 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
The most egregious are the games where you get these phantom penalties for roughing Carr and Ryan, but in the same games an opposing defender hits Mahomes late directly IN FRONT OF the REF's FACE, and they don't call shit. Those aren't oversights...they're agendas. It absolutely blows my mind that they don't seem to have any interest in protecting the best young QB in the league. It's mind-bottling.

I think it’s race, they treated Cam Newton the same way.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:44 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Small might be the wrong word. They aren't Alabama, okay? Purdue has had just two winning seasons in the last ten years, right? They aren't a big time program.
Yeah "small" was probably the wrong word. Their enrollment is 41k :-).
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:12 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah "small" was probably the wrong word. Their enrollment is 41k :-).
Yeah, but their football program isn't 'big.' I never really cared about a school's student population when talking about football. Because it's not important to any football discussion. It's always been about how big their program is, for me. Do they "compete" against the best programs. And by compete, i mean more than just take the field. Like have a legit chance to win most Saturdays. Which they don't.

Purdue doesn't fall into that category, at least recently. They've been a middling program No one is going to argue that Purdue is probably going to even cover the spread vs. OSU, Michigan, PS, or most of the other teams in the Big 10.

In that respect, a football-only perspective, they're not a big program.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 185
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Up