View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 93 of 343
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:41 PM 07-14-2022
Once again , and I've stated this before, many times, but I just don't get why these players have to be so greedy. I mean, what can you do with 23 million that you can't do with 19 million. Help the team out to win championships.

I'm so glad Leveon Bell got fucked trying this shit!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:47 PM 07-14-2022
I don't ever blame the players for getting what they can get while they can get it.

But you gotta know your value.

And if you exceed it with a ridiculous ask, its absolutely appropriate for the team who's employed you to tell you to go kick rocks.

'We'd love to have you here long term, OBJr., but if you're not willing to take a reasonable but still very lucrative contract extension, then we'll move on without you next year (or this year if you decide to sit out SPOILER ALERT: He won't).

Next man up.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:49 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Once again , and I've stated this before, many times, but I just don't get why these players have to be so greedy. I mean, what can you do with 23 million that you can't do with 19 million. Help the team out to win championships.
I agree with you.

However these players, but especially the players union, want and need these guys to get every dollar they can.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:56 PM 07-14-2022
I mean, what can you do with 23 million that you can't do with 19 million. Help the team out to win championships.
Buy a nicer house? Fly private comfortably for the rest of your life?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:58 PM 07-14-2022

I'm so glad Leveon Bell got fucked trying this shit!
$4 million will buy you a shit ton and there is no guarantee that taking less will yield a Super Bowl victory.
[Reply]
mabbott 01:13 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
I'm gonna LAUGH so hard if OBJ sits out of camp and Darian Kinnard steps in and looks insanely good! HAHAHA
Honestly, Kinnard would have to develop incredibly quick. He like Brown is an excellent run blocker but needs to work on pass protection and speed.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:33 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Healthy Eric Fisher was a better LT for this offense, with Mahomes, and that's really not subjective. With OBJ, you gain youth, and upside. That's also not really subjective. Whether or not that's worth the financial risk at the moment is the subjective part.

Fish wasn't healthy last season, and it was pretty obvious. If he is now, then that's a pretty good plan B.
If Fisher was healthy, he would be under contract somewhere.
[Reply]
Tonka83 01:38 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If Fisher was healthy, he would be under contract somewhere.
I didn't get to watch him play much last year, but I would think a somewhat healthy Fisher even if a bit gimpy, is still a better option than most of the remaining options that are available. Someone is going to grab him.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:42 PM 07-14-2022

I'm so glad Leveon Bell got ****ed trying this shit!

You're thinking about this wrong. Every million the players don't get go to the owners. The real greedy ones.

Now, we happen to have one of the "good ones" when it comes to owners but in general calling the players greedy because you can relate to it a lot easier than relating to a billionaire owner collecting shitloads of profits and then asking the city to pay for their new stadium...

They're the ones you should be angry at.

edit: but listen I do get it, this shit is infuriating. Getting every dollar you can is one thing, not signing a contract because you have delusions of grandeur is another.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:44 PM 07-14-2022

"Orlando Brown has no leverage. Zero."@ByNateTaylor explained why the #Chiefs hold all the cards with Orlando Brown Jr. when he joined Cody & Gold earlier today.

FULL INTERVIEW: https://t.co/ZvaOMZokJp pic.twitter.com/LCYMKYD3SN

— 610SportsKC (@610SportsKC) July 14, 2022

[Reply]
Bowser 01:46 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fisher??? Outright terrible to mediocre at his very best last season. That's a pretty shit plan B if it comes to it. Hope not.
If not Fisher, then it has to be that tackle we signed (traded for?) from Houston, right? His name completely escapes me right now. He's on a 1 year contract, IIRC.

If, IF we sign OBJ before the deadline, everyone needs to be prepared to be pissed. We are going to give him more AAV than anyone thinks he's worth, but I don't exactly have a problem with that. It's all in the structure of the contract and how the cap hits go year to year, and Veach has proven to be pretty wily with that.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:47 PM 07-14-2022

That extra 4 million if invested in something with a 6% percent return could turn into 23 million when he is 65.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:47 PM 07-14-2022
Fuck this prick

Did we sign Big Fish yet

[Reply]
BossChief 01:53 PM 07-14-2022

It’s not being greedy. It’s being reasonable to ask for your market value. This is a sport that your career can end on any play and the team will cut you in that scenario as soon as they can to not pay you. Just look at EriccFisger and Mitchell Schwartz for easy examples of that.

Last year a 33year old left tackle got 6 years for 138m. 23m aav. That was when the salary cap was 182.5m. That salary cap has gone up to 208…an increase of 14% to the cap, so a fair “top of the market” value for the current cap would be approximately 26m aav for a LT.

Orlando is 26 and is in the best shape of his pro career (based on recent pictures) so if his agent is trying to make his mark, I can see him demanding that $. Orlando is on the non exclusive tag, so he’s free to negotiate with any NFL team right now and I’m sure a few have told him they would give him that much if it didn’t require a premium trade.

I’m sure Veach wants to try and stay under 20m aav, but that’s unrealistic.

Hopefully, they can ink him to a deal that falls dead center of those 2 numbers for a new 6 year contract. A hair above the Trent Williams deal is what is likely considered “fair value” with all of that considered.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:00 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s not being greedy. It’s being reasonable to ask for your market value. This is a sport that your career can end on any play and the team will cut you in that scenario as soon as they can to not pay you. Just look at EriccFisger and Mitchell Schwartz for easy examples of that.

Last year a 33year old left tackle got 6 years for 138m. 23m aav. That was when the salary cap was 182.5m. That salary cap has gone up to 208…an increase of 14% to the cap, so a fair “top of the market” value for the current cap would be approximately 26m aav for a LT.

Orlando is 26 and is in the best shape of his pro career (based on recent pictures) so if his agent is trying to make his mark, I can see him demanding that $. Orlando is on the non exclusive tag, so he’s free to negotiate with any NFL team right now and I’m sure a few have told him they would give him that much if it didn’t require a premium trade.

I’m sure Veach wants to try and stay under 20m aav, but that’s unrealistic.

Hopefully, they can ink him to a deal that falls dead center of those 2 numbers for a new 6 year contract. A hair above the Trent Williams deal is what is likely considered “fair value” with all of that considered.
If they are not willing to pay 26M then that is not his value. It takes the buyer and the seller to come to an agreement to determine value.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 343
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up