ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 195
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
dirk digler 06:16 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Nate said he did?

What's Tyreek leverage there? If he holds out past the first week of camp,he doesn't get paid, gets fined every day and the season doesn't accrue. That doesn't sound like the best game plan.
Yep I forgot they changed the rules. Yeah no way he would hold out though I think some players did a hold-in by showing up but not practicing while waiting on a new contract. Don't think that would fly here though.

Definitely would have called his bluff
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:17 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I would call his bluff. Does anyone think that Hill would sit and incur a $50k per day for any length of time?
Ever heard of Leveon Bell?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:17 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If the Chiefs still win the AFC West this season then that’s gotta be game over for the other 3 teams.

I’d be so pissed if I was a fan of the other 3 teams and that happened :-)
Nah .. Raiders got alot of new pieces and a new coach
[Reply]
tredadda 06:18 PM 03-23-2022
Yep I forgot they changed the rules. Yeah no way he would hold out though I think some players did a hold-in by showing up but not practicing while waiting on a new contract. Don't think that would fly here though.

Watson comes to mind doing that.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:19 PM 03-23-2022

Yes, we should have kept him one more year.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:19 PM 03-23-2022
While I feel it seems this situation was inevitable it sucks simply because I just fucking loved watching that dude play. And he was on our team doing crazy shit.

Fuck time to move on.
[Reply]
-King- 06:19 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And that worked out for him pretty fucking horribly.
[Reply]
-King- 06:20 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Watson comes to mind doing that.
He didn't sit out.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:20 PM 03-23-2022
And that worked out for him pretty ****ing horribly.
True but players always think they are different.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:21 PM 03-23-2022
I hate losing Tyreek but given the circumstances how do you keep him? I'd have a hard time paying a 28 yr old speed receiver 30 mil/year when he's an injury/pulled hammy away from being average. Cap space now and future savings plus a handful of picks. This sounds like the Patriots of 10 years ago of selling at the peak and restocking. Chiefs have their "Brady" and have built an o-line. The last few years it's been Hill/Kelce. Maybe next year it'll be JuJu/Kelce/Hardman/CEH/Pringle/? and teams will have to cover more than 2 receivers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:21 PM 03-23-2022
He's under contract still. He loses accrued time if he doesn't report by camp.
He’s accrued enough time to be eligible for free agency. And I believe the rule to ‘honor’ a contract year is week 9.

This isn’t a situation where a player needs 5 years of service time to be eligible for FA - he already has that.

He just needs to get the last year of his contract burned off and I believe week 9 is good enough for that.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:22 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tragic Johnson ponders questions with obvious answers…

This is the kind of hard-hitting, thought-provoking sports journalism that's been missing since Ahmad Rashad retired.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:22 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) Leveon Bell is literally fucking retarded and the only player to try it. It went as well as expected.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:25 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Leveon Bell is literally ****ing reeruned and the only player to try it. It went as well as expected.
As DJ laid out he could sit until week 9 easily. Even if he sat for say 6 weeks its bust.

Stop acting like he couldn't make it a problem. He made $36MM+ the last couple years he wasn't going to be broke.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:26 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Man i cant help but feel that had we known he wanted out a little sooner we may have got a little more.
You think everything that happened, just transpired today?
[Reply]
Page 93 of 195
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up