ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 96
« First < 43838990919293 949596 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:42 PM 06-11-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I know Worthy stayed relatively healthy in college but the NFL is a different beast.
But...he hasn't played in the NFL, so that "different beast" has nothing to do with his injury.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:46 PM 06-11-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
My God, you sure pulled this out with a quickness. Also anyone who says they hate to say I told you so is a goddamned liar becuase I toold you so is the very next thing they say.
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
But...he hasn't played in the NFL, so that "different beast" has nothing to do with his injury.
"I know he was relatively healthy at Texas, but NFL voluntary OTA's is just a whole 'nother beast".
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 12:47 PM 06-11-2024
Hate to say I told you so but that's the risk you get in drafting a skinny receiver. To be out all this time over a hamstring issue when they haven't practiced in pads yet, that is concerning. I know Worthy stayed relatively healthy in college but the NFL is a different beast. Has to be more here that we don't know.
Or, and hear me out on this, he could have just tweaked a hamstring like every other athlete in the world has done, and they’re just being cautious because it’s OTA’s. What in the world does “practicing in pads” have to do with a hamstring? He hasn’t even hardly been in the NFL for it to be a “different beast”. Can we at least get into training camp before we start making assumptions?
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:51 PM 06-11-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
My God, you sure pulled this out with a quickness. Also anyone who says they hate to say I told you so is a goddamned liar becuase I toold you so is the very next thing they say.
I got chewed out by many here when I posted against the pick on draft day and THIS was precisely the reason why. McConkey who I wanted the Chiefs to draft has been a stud for the Chargers in OTAs. Sometimes, the risk is not worth the reward. Sometimes, the smart thing to do is draft the safe player.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:52 PM 06-11-2024
I got chewed out by many here when I posted against the pick on draft day and THIS was precisely the reason why. McConkey who I wanted the Chiefs to draft has been a stud for the Chargers in OTAs. Sometimes, the risk is not worth the reward. Simetimes, the smart thing to do is draft the safe player.
Are you trying to get roasted? Because saying Stud in OTA's is how you get roasted lol. And wasn't Ladd hurt a lot at Georgia? What a weird fucking corner to paint yourself into.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:53 PM 06-11-2024
I got chewed out by many here when I posted against the pick on draft day and THIS was precisely the reason why. McConkey who I wanted the Chiefs to draft has been a stud for the Chargers in OTAs. Sometimes, the risk is not worth the reward. Simetimes, the smart thing to do is draft the safe player.
No one is a stud in OTAs you fucking rube. As you said they haven't even put the pads on yet.
[Reply]
O.city 12:54 PM 06-11-2024
It's alot of valuable reps he's missed, but hamstrings can linger.

Is what it is. Play the long game here.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:55 PM 06-11-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Are you trying to get roasted? Because saying Stud in OTA's is how you get roasted lol. And wasn't Ladd hurt a lot at Georgia? What a weird ****ing corner to paint yourself into.
I mean, he has been in the field healthy. And looked the part. Eye test matters in OTAs as we saw with Pacheco.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:09 PM 06-11-2024
Chiefs started OTAs on May 20 and Worthy participated the first couple of days. He has been unavailable for roughly more than two weeks. Which for a hamstring is still a normal timeframe. But if this goes on for another couple of weeks or more, then you really start worrying. Skyy had a similar injury early on during his first training camp and he recovered quickly.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:09 PM 06-11-2024
I mean, he has been in the field healthy. And looked the part. Eye test matters in OTAs as we saw with Pacheco.
I remember when Deneric Prince was an OTA hero too. Eye test and all that BS.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:10 PM 06-11-2024
Prince was not getting starting reps with the 1sts like Pacheco was.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:12 PM 06-11-2024
:-) I remember when Darwin Thompson was tearing it up in OTAs.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:13 PM 06-11-2024
Originally Posted by ChafedTaint:
I got chewed out by many here when I posted against the pick on draft day and THIS was precisely the reason why. McConkey who I wanted the Chiefs to draft has been a stud for the Chargers in OTAs. Sometimes, the risk is not worth the reward. Sometimes, the smart thing to do is draft the safe player.
Dear Mrs ChafedTaint, OTA’s mean nothing. Kind of like your dumb ass opinion.

Love, Coochieliquor
[Reply]
Balto 01:20 PM 06-11-2024
We Good

Jackson Looks Good In Return To Field
Jul 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM

DeSean Jackson was out on the field Wednesday, getting lots of attention …in a good way. The rookie receiver/returner has been out the last two days with a hamstring strain, the same injury that kept him out for part of the OTAs in June.

Jackson said the "tweak" was not that serious, so he was able to deal with it and return to action. That's where he would rather be anyway.

"It's hard to not be on the field while the team is practicing," Jackson said. "I am feeling great and I'm happy to be back out here."

Head coach Andy Reid was straight-to-the-point when asked on Tuesday about how important it is that Jackson is out on the field practicing.

"He needs to get healthy and get back out there is what he needs to do," said Reid. "This is a challenge for wide receivers, that first year, and you have to push yourself through these things, so that's what he's working on right now."
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:20 PM 06-11-2024
X Worthy > T Hill

Calling it lol
[Reply]
Page 93 of 96
« First < 43838990919293 949596 >
Up