Page 92 of 110
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nuclear emergency declared at quake-damaged reactor
googlegoogle 07:35 PM 03-11-2011
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...reactors_N.htm
[Reply]
Donger 02:17 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Keep believing that, man. I'm sure none of the really nasty water is getting out. wink wink.
Highly contaminated water IS leaking into the Pacific. They are intentionally discharging the low level water in an attempt to stop the high level water from leaking into the Pacific.

Do you even pay attention?
[Reply]
Pants 02:19 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Foork yoo Wharrres!!!
One of the greatest episodes ever? I think so.
[Reply]
Donger 02:19 PM 04-04-2011
11,500 tons times 2240 lbs/ton divided by 8.33 lbs/gallon = 3.094 million gallons of radioactive water

Jeesh. Radiative water... plus all of the corexit from the Gulf oil spill. Seafood is not going to be in my diet anymore.

Which sucks because I would love one of those Taco Bell Pacific Shrimp tacos... heh.
I made scampi and New Orleans BBQ with shrimp from Vietnam last night. They were delicious.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 02:20 PM 04-04-2011
Which sucks because I would love one of those Taco Bell Pacific Shrimp tacos... heh.
You apparently have a highly refined palate. I bet you spend your weekends eating snails and drinking fine wine too.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 02:21 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Donger:
The water being intentionally discharged isn't highly radioactive. It's about 10 times what is permitted in food/water.
"The less-radioactive water that officials are purposely dumping into the sea is up to 500 times the legal limit for radiation."
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:27 PM 04-04-2011
Coming to a shore near you

[Reply]
teedubya 02:28 PM 04-04-2011
Everytime Donger posts... it reminds me of this.

[Reply]
Hydrae 02:35 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Godzilla & that flying creature
Mothra?

:-) Kids these days, not knowing the classic movies.
[Reply]
Donger 02:36 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
"The less-radioactive water that officials are purposely dumping into the sea is up to 500 times the legal limit for radiation."
Not in water or food.
[Reply]
Donger 02:37 PM 04-04-2011
Everytime Donger posts... it reminds me of this.

Well, yeah, except that I'm actually accurate.

You?
[Reply]
teedubya 02:44 PM 04-04-2011
I've never met someone who clings to the official story as much as you, Donger. I love how you admitted that you have no real friends. This is no surprise to me. You are pigheaded and stubborn and always buy the official storyline they sell you.

You need to think for yourself and connect the dots, in today's Amurka. They tell us about 1/10th of the truth... It's hard for me to believe the official story, because most of the time, it's complete crap meant to lull the sheeple back to sleep.

Oh, only 10x more radioactive... OK, whew... back to American Idol then.
[Reply]
Pants 02:47 PM 04-04-2011
I've never met someone who clings to the official story as much as you, Donger. I love how you admitted that you have no real friends. This is no surprise to me. You are pigheaded and stubborn and always buy the official storyline they sell you.

You need to think for yourself and connect the dots, in today's Amurka. They tell us about 1/10th of the truth... It's hard for me to believe the official story, because most of the time, it's complete crap meant to lull the sheeple back to sleep.

Oh, only 10x more radiative... OK, whew... back to American Idol then.
I'm pretty sure Donger just subscribes to the Occam's Razor theory, which is pretty much a good way to see things. But I don't want to speak for him.
[Reply]
Donger 02:47 PM 04-04-2011

Oh, only 10x more radiative... OK, whew... back to American Idol then.
Uh, this is actually happening in Japan.
[Reply]
cdcox 02:54 PM 04-04-2011

Oh, only 10x more radioactive... OK, whew... back to American Idol then.
3 million gallons is only like a volume 75 ft x 75 ft x 75 ft. Very miniscule in comparison to the size of the ocean. Once that spreads out to an area 230 ft by 230 ft x 75 ft, it is back to 1x.

The problem isn't non-existent, but it isn't that big of a deal either at this stage.
[Reply]
Donger 03:46 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm pretty sure Donger just subscribes to the Occam's Razor theory, which is pretty much a good way to see things. But I don't want to speak for him.
The recommended safe limit is 2,000 becquerels per kilogram. The water being intentionally discharged is 20 becquerels per cubic centimeter (at worst). So, that's 20,000 becquerels per kilogram.

That sounds really scary, but keep in mind that just below that limit is what you can safely DRINK with no other mixing.

Is this a good thing? No, of course not. But is it going to do what Ari described above? No, of course not.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 110
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Up