ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 192
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:30 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Honestly, the "slot" only stuff doesn't really mean much to me in the Chiefs current offense. They don't really do that. Guys move around everywhere.
Great.

The problem is the current KC team doesn't actually have guys that can win on the boundary.

That's why we went 16 straight drives in the AFC Chamoionship and SB with Patrick Mahomes in his prime without scoring a TD.

I prefer to fix the problem rather than doing the same shit that didn't work before.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:31 PM 02-27-2024
Yeah, his small size handed us the game. Good job by him.
I'm glad he fumbled and did not score 2 TD's against us.

Of course without him Baltimore wouldn't have been competitive because he's a difference maker.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:31 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Even money says he shit on the McDuffie pick because "Spags likes big corners" as well.

National media guys get the Chiefs wrong seemingly every single time.
Rice was really polarizing, there were quite a few draft people who didn't like him at all.
[Reply]
O.city 01:32 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I'm glad he fumbled and did not score 2 TD's against us.

Of course without him Baltimore wouldn't have been competitive because he's a difference maker.
He's too small. Won't hold up.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:32 PM 02-27-2024

Busy dreaming of Troy Franklin with a QB who can create out of structure in the pros

He’s a first round lock and I’m stoked to see his combine numbers pic.twitter.com/pzZFqMgCuB

— FF Mike Kash (@FFMikeKash) February 25, 2024

Stuff like this makes me think with Mahomes he would be a monster.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:33 PM 02-27-2024
Honestly, the "slot" only stuff doesn't really mean much to me in the Chiefs current offense. They don't really do that. Guys move around everywhere.
If anything the Chiefs have shown an affinity for 'heavy slot' personnel groups. They started Rice there, they've used Watson there. They used put Watkins in the slot a fair bit. Obviously they love Kelce out of the slot as a move TE. JJSS was out of the slot about half the time. Meanwhile Skyy Moore spent about twice as much time out wide this year as he did from the slot.

The Chiefs don't appear to care much about the more traditional slot WR.

If a guy gets open, Reid will figure out how to use him and it will probably be all over the formation.
[Reply]
O.city 01:34 PM 02-27-2024
If anything the Chiefs have shown an affinity for 'heavy slot' personnel groups. They started Rice there, they've used Watson there. They used put Watkins in the slot a fair bit. Obviously they love Kelce out of the slot as a move TE. JJSS was out of the slot about half the time. Meanwhile Skyy Moore spent about twice as much time out wide this year as he did from the slot.

If a guy gets open, Reid will figure out how to use him and it will probably be all over the formation.
They just move guys around everywhere. They're not "plop a guy out wide and leave him there" offensively.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:39 PM 02-27-2024
Too many guys I like in this draft class, I want Franklin and Pearsall- is that too much to ask?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:40 PM 02-27-2024
Franklin is a guy I can see moving around but primarily as a Vertical 2.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:11 PM 02-27-2024
Franklin wins at all levels, from the outside. I don't know where you're getting this narrative that he doesn't. He's twice the receiver that Adonai Mitchell is and it's not particularly close.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:12 PM 02-27-2024

Speed on the outside, big guys on the inside. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:16 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Franklin wins at all levels, from the outside. I don't know where you're getting this narrative that he doesn't. He's twice the receiver that Adonai Mitchell is and it's not particularly close.
At the next level I see Franklin as a Jameson Williams style decoy and Adonai as a #1 WR who is focal.

I prefer the #1 WR that can eat 12+ targets a game.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:19 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Rank these WRs:

Troy Franklin
Brian Thomas Jr.
Keon Coleman
Xavier Worthy
Xavier Legette
Adonai Mitchell

(That's the order I'd rank them)
Ranking in terms of my opinion of their potential career production:

Thomas
Legette
Worthy
Franklin
Coleman
Mitchell

Ranking in terms of the order I think they'll be drafted:

Thomas
Franklin
Coleman
Worthy
Mitchell
Legette
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:21 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Ranking in terms of my opinion of their potential career production:

Thomas
Legette
Worthy
Franklin
Coleman
Mitchell

Ranking in terms of the order I think they'll be drafted:

Thomas
Franklin
Coleman
Worthy
Mitchell
Legette
If some actual NFL team actually takes little Worthy before Adonai I will laugh my ass off.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:24 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
At the next level I see Franklin as a Jameson Williams style decoy and Adonai as a #1 WR who is focal.

I prefer the #1 WR that can eat 12+ targets a game.
So the guy that runs like a deer and was twice as productive in college is going to be a decoy while the guy that runs like a snail and is rail thin too is going to eat. Hmm. I think not.

Mitchell will be lucky if he proves to be a Tee Higgins. That is a reliable but not dynamic #2 WR. He's no Alpha dawg. I'd respect this "alpha" bullshit mentality if you were saying these things about Keon Coleman because he at least has the mass and speed to potentially be that guy.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 192
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Up