View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 92 of 343
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:47 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
If you're negotiating a contract that important and you have half a year to negotiate, how is waiting until the last month to get an agent (that's never represented any player or done any business with the NFL) a good move?
You make 15 dollars an hour I'm not interested in hearing your negotiation tactics
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:50 AM 07-14-2022
People do realize it's impossible to trade him until he actually signs his tender, right?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:58 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
People do realize it's impossible to trade him until he actually signs his tender, right?
:-)
[Reply]
TLO 10:58 AM 07-14-2022
Prince Tega Wanogho!!!!
[Reply]
Coogs 10:59 AM 07-14-2022
I read an article a couple of days ago, and not the one posted in this thread, that the Chiefs were offering top RT money of around $19 million. Brown was asking for the top LT money which was in the $24-$25 million range.

We will see if anyone bliinks first in this stare down soon. Tomorrow at the latest.

Just checked here...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings...e/left-tackle/

and $19 million average would put him 5th at LT. That seems like a reasonable offer by the Chiefs.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:07 AM 07-14-2022
I don’t really care what the overall. Give him a 5 year $140 million deal for all I care.

It’s just on paper though. I only care about the gauranteed money and structure of the first 3 years.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:12 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I read an article a couple of days ago, and not the one posted in this thread, that the Chiefs were offering top RT money of around $19 million. Brown was asking for the top LT money which was in the $24-$25 million range.

We will see if anyone bliinks first in this stare down soon. Tomorrow at the latest.

Just checked here...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings...e/left-tackle/

and $19 million average would put him 5th at LT. That seems like a reasonable offer by the Chiefs.
Show the article. I seriously doubt the Chiefs offered $19 million AAV because it's RT money. They probably did it because that was their comfortable starting point in negotiations with a middle-of-the-road LT
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:21 AM 07-14-2022
Eric Fisher: 7 sacks and 41 pressures allowed on 490 pass snaps.

Orlando Brown: 4 sacks and 36 pressures allowed on 765 pass snaps.

If we're going to handwave away how absolutely abysmal Fisher was to start, then Brown deserves the same treatment as he only allowed 7 pressures over his last 5 regular season games. That's on top of an 81% run block win rate, which is second highest in the entire league.

If it boils down to it and we end up having to bring on Fisher to replace Brown as he holds out, that's about the best Veach can do, but it's a SIGNIFICANT step backwards regardless.
Fisher certainly wasn't healthy early in the season, and might not have been all year long. A year removed now, and he might well be. A HEALTHY Fisher is probably right around a top ten LT, I don't think that's a stretch. The key is healthy.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:22 AM 07-14-2022
I miss Fisher :-) he constantly raped JJ Watt
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:26 AM 07-14-2022
Healthy Eric Fisher was a better LT for this offense, with Mahomes, and that's really not subjective. With OBJ, you gain youth, and upside. That's also not really subjective. Whether or not that's worth the financial risk at the moment is the subjective part.

Fish wasn't healthy last season, and it was pretty obvious. If he is now, then that's a pretty good plan B.
[Reply]
Coogs 11:27 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Show the article. I seriously doubt the Chiefs offered $19 million AAV because it's RT money. They probably did it because that was their comfortable starting point in negotiations with a middle-of-the-road LT
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022...term-contract/
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:27 AM 07-14-2022
The next dumbass that says the Chiefs were "figured out"...flush that turd
[Reply]
Shields68 11:53 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I have no problems with him being a tough negotiator these guys only get to do this maybe 2 or 3 times. These guys are 1 play away from a career ending injury and the franchise throwing you away like trash. If Veach didn't know he was getting into this when he traded for him then he's an idiot.
Yep, it was obvious when they traded for him he wanted to be a LT for the Ravens because LT's make more. He also was going to want to be paid like a top LT.

The big question is he at some point going to sign the tender and report. I think Veach maybe fine with him playing on the tag. I have a feeling that is where we are going to be at not seeing a contract at this point.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:54 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Good chance he was at 25 so they want to sign him at 22 or so come in at 19 and see if the moves towards the middle.
[Reply]
Balto 12:38 PM 07-14-2022
I'm gonna LAUGH so hard if OBJ sits out of camp and Darian Kinnard steps in and looks insanely good! HAHAHA
[Reply]
Page 92 of 343
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Up