ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 258
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:18 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
You have to go all the way back to Taylor to find a Chiefs receiver like that with the catch radius. Bowe is as close as you get in the meantime. I wanna see it.
I do as well. And it would take some pressure off the OL. So fewer opportunities to get hurt. It would make the running game more of a weapon. Finally, it would take some of the pressure off Pat.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:25 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
He had three great seasons to start his career and has been pretty average the 6 seasons since then. You are enamored by the things he did in 2014-2016. He isn't that dude anymore.

I won't be upset if Burnt Bleach signs him because I trust his decision making, but Odell has never been a generational talent. He hasn't been the best receiver in the league in any year he has played. He WAS very good for a very short period of time.
Never been a generational talent? That is insane. Like...what? What are you looking at?

Are you watching him play or just looking at stat lines?

I don't need to talk about his first several years in the league. Just look at the player in the Rams uniform. The most recent rendition of him.

I'm not saying he's going to be as electrifying as his first 3 years in the league. No one expects him to still run a 4.31.

Even if his speed has deteriorated, his other skills are so damn good, and hands don't just go away with age.

Dude was making Justin Jefferson-type catches at 5-11" before Jefferson was even in the league. The only player in recent memory to even rival his hands is Hopkins.

The number of absolutely ridiculous catches on his resume would stand against anyone's.

And then when you watch him on the Rams, yeah, he's not AS fast, but goddamn the man is still NFL fast.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:29 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
He had three great seasons to start his career and has been pretty average the 6 seasons since then. You are enamored by the things he did in 2014-2016. He isn't that dude anymore.

I won't be upset if Burnt Bleach signs him because I trust his decision making, but Odell has never been a generational talent. He hasn't been the best receiver in the league in any year he has played. He WAS very good for a very short period of time.
Dude had that one handed catch and that made a ton of people think he was the best WR ever. He had an elite start for 3 years and a couple of decent years.

Like Jadaveon Clowney had that one big play in college and turned it into getting picked #1 overall.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:30 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Finally, it would take some of the pressure off Pat.
This. It all revolves around this.

I get it. Here on CP we believe:

Mahomes doesn't need a premiere tackle because Mahomes.

Mahomes doesn't need premiere defenses because Mahomes.

Mahomes doesn't need premiere WR's, because Mahomes.

Hell, anyone could coach Mahomes he'd fit in in any system!

Mahomes doesn't need a running game, it takes the ball out of Mahomes' hands?

All of these arguments have been made at one point in time here on this forum.

At what point do we accept that this is a load of bullshit, and the surefire way to blow his career is to treat this team like we should just load up with mediocre talent and then let Mahomes do the rest?

At what point do we decide to add talent that makes Mahomes' life easier, rather than needing Reid and Mahomes to be extra special?

Yeah, it'd be nice to have a WR that could bail HIM out once in awhile, rather than having to buy all this extra time running around because the likes of JJSS can't freakin' get open.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:31 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Dude had that one handed catch and that made a ton of people think he was the best WR ever. He had an elite start for 3 years and a couple of decent years.
:-)

Which one handed catch? He has like fucking 20 of them.

This post illustrates that you have no idea about the player you are speaking on.

If you really think his career was made by a single, one handed catch.....i mean....you realize he was making ridiculous catches routinely, right? Of you course you don't. If you did, you wouldn't say such a silly thing.
[Reply]
scho63 04:32 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He’s old?
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's going to be 33.
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
He's not that good anymore.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He'll be 33 when the season starts. DB is a young man's position.
I thought he played well last year and just like Devin McCourty who just retired, he has been in excellent shape his whole career. Not sure of his career injuries.

Seemed a little weak for what he can offer for another 2 years. :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:33 PM 03-14-2023
I feel like im arguing with a bunch of people who are convinced the sky is green. Have you even looked up? It's fucking blue, jesus christ. How could you not see this? All you have to do is LOOK.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:34 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
I thought he played well last year and just like Devin McCourty who just retired, he has been in excellent shape his whole career. Not sure of his career injuries.

Seemed a little weak for what he can offer for another 2 years. :-)
IIRC, he had a slow start but then rounded into form last season. Im sure he'll be fine. But 2 year rental players in decline don't fetch much.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:38 PM 03-14-2023
This. It all revolves around this.

I get it. Here on CP we believe:

Mahomes doesn't need a premiere tackle because Mahomes.

Mahomes doesn't need premiere defenses because Mahomes.

Mahomes doesn't need premiere WR's, because Mahomes.

Hell, anyone could coach Mahomes he'd fit in in any system!

Mahomes doesn't need a running game, it takes the ball out of Mahomes' hands?

All of these arguments have been made at one point in time here on this forum.

At what point do we accept that this is a load of bullshit, and the surefire way to blow his career is to treat this team like we should just load up with mediocre talent and then let Mahomes do the rest?

At what point do we decide to add talent that makes Mahomes' life easier, rather than needing Reid and Mahomes to be extra special?

Yeah, it'd be nice to have a WR that could bail HIM out once in awhile, rather than having to buy all this extra time running around because the likes of JJSS can't freakin' get open.
I care way more about Patrick having a strong OL than the best receivers. I also don't trust some of these older receivers with injury issues. Give him an OL to protect him from injury and provide time for him to make plays.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:44 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Broncos have gotten mildly better, Raiders are slightly worse, Chargers are same.
And if they end up trading Ekeler, I don't care who they replace him with, they're worse at RB.

He's fantastic.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:47 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I care way more about Patrick having a strong OL than the best receivers. I also don't trust some of these older receivers with injury issues. Give him an OL to protect him from injury and provide time for him to make plays.
He has an OL. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

The next stage for this offense is to add a press coverage beater back into the fold. Mahomes has always had that aside from last season. Mahomes and Reid adapted their offense to accommodate. But you guys are smoking crack if you think the Chiefs don't want that element back in the fold. They've had that element for all but one year.

Mahomes has learned how to play like Brady. Great. We've mastered the dink and dunk to success and it has in fact opened things up over the top for calculated shots.

But the offense has to continue evolving and changing how they attack. Reid and the Chiefs have been great at evolving.

Adding BACK a legitimate receiving threat aside from Kelce would work wonders.

I get it. We won a SB with Reid and Mahomes carrying a weak receiving group. It doesn't have to be that way, and we should be looking to improve upon it.

It's like ya'll have convinced yourselves that the hard way to do things is the only way, or the best way. No, it doesn't have to be that way.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:50 PM 03-14-2023
Someone posted the stat the other day, 13 of PMII's TD's last season went to WR's.

And most of those were probably, what, within 10 yards of the endzone with little dump off passes and short screens?

There was a CLEAR lack of explosive plays from the WR's last season. MVS and Watson were responsible for most of the big plays we had at WR.

Yes, we won a SB like that. But that doesn't mean you don't work to fix your inefficiencies, sheesh.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:54 PM 03-14-2023

The next stage for this offense is to add a press coverage beater back into the fold. Mahomes has always had that aside from last season. Mahomes and Reid adapted their offense to accommodate. But you guys are smoking crack if you think the Chiefs don't want that element back in the fold. They've had that element for all but one year.

Mahomes has learned how to play like Brady. Great. We've mastered the dink and dunk to success and it has in fact opened things up over the top for calculated shots.

But the offense has to continue evolving and changing how they attack. Reid and the Chiefs have been great at evolving.

I get it. We won a SB with Reid and Mahomes carrying a weak receiving group. It doesn't have to be that way, and we should be looking to improve upon it.

It's like ya'll have convinced yourselves that the hard way to do things is the only way, or the best way. No, it doesn't have to be that way.
It's sobering to watch a 2022 highlight reel on YT. check out all the wild plays Pat had to make because WRs couldn't get open. Yeah, it leads to all those amazing scramble drills, the ridiculous arm-angle throws, and incredible runs for first downs and TDs. But when you watch JJSS unable to gain any separation for 5+ seconds, or being late to his spot, so pat's just waiting for him or anyone to get open . . . It's how Pat's actually going to get seriously hurt.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:55 PM 03-14-2023

Great post.

Of course we could win again with a good oline, Mahomes and Reid but it took everything they had to do so.

One more weapon that can scorch man/get open gives us more cushion to do something great. Repeat SB winner.

Let's do it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:59 PM 03-14-2023
Someone posted the stat the other day, 13 of PMII's TD's last season went to WR's.

And most of those were probably, what, within 10 yards of the endzone with little dump off passes and short screens?

There was a CLEAR lack of explosive plays from the WR's last season. MVS and Watson were responsible for most of the big plays we had at WR.

Yes, we won a SB like that. But that doesn't mean you don't work to fix your inefficiencies, sheesh.
I agree it's odd. It seems that much of CP expect we'll just lean even harder on the TE and RB units. "They'll just take up the slack of a mediocre WR room!"

It's obviously some kind of mass delusional state when a lot of people are thinking that JJSS is a great option as WR1 for Patrick Mahomes. If our QB1 were any other QB, all of Chiefs Kingdom would be banging the table for a real WR1 loud enough to hear it in AZ.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 258
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up