ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 146
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:05 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have it on pretty good authority that it wasn't just the fumbles. Shady did something that really pissed of Reid and basically got himself kicked off the team.
Spill it!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Spill it!
Already did, at least what I know.

I don't know exactly WHAT he did, just that he did something more than just fumbling to piss the KC staff off.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:08 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I have all the faith in the world in Butker making a clutch FG. However, he wasn't going to make a 60 yarder in that cold and wind.
He's also kicking with his instep, obviously for accuracy's sake, but that's going to automatically take some power away. I'm a little amazed that he can kick it as far as 50 yards kicking with his instep.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:10 PM 02-07-2023
Already did, at least what I know.

I don't know exactly WHAT he did, just that he did something more than just fumbling to piss the KC staff off.
I was hoping for some good dirt!
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:10 PM 02-07-2023
He ate Andy's cheeseburger
[Reply]
Lzen 03:25 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
He ate Andy's cheeseburger
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
The thing about running QBs is that they are great to control the clock when you have a lead. They aren't nearly as effective trying to come from behind or in the two minute drill. Jumping to an early lead is going to be a big factor.
The interesting thing about Hurts, though, is that he's not a great running QB.

Oh sure, he's a high volume one, but at 4.6 YPC, he gives you RB efficiency from the QB position.

Your 'running Quarterbacks' like Lamar are up there at 6+/carry or even 7.

He's not that kind of dynamic runner that you often think about when it comes to running QBs. More than anything he's a guy who runs the ball as part of a designed scheme. But that's kinda why I say he's a lot like Alex Smith - he's a guy who will run the football, but he's not gonna go out there and dust your ass. He's going to get some yards when plays break down but he's not a guy that's going to really put a ton of pressure on your LBs/DBs, IMO.

He's a higher volume Alex Smith.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:42 PM 02-07-2023
I saw an interesting stat that only twice has the #1 passing offense faced the #1 passing defense in the Super Bowl. Once back in 2002 in the Buccaneers vs Raiders matchup and again in 2013 with the Broncos vs Seahawks.

The #1 passing defenses won by an average of 31 points.

Lots of stats going back and forth but I feel good about the game given the fact that we've got Mahomes and Reid on our side.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:45 PM 02-07-2023
If you listen to the media we're basically playing the 85 bears defense, the Chiefs Willie Roaf O-line and the Ravens 2019 rushing attack.

Then I switch on the Eagles vs Cowboys game from a few months ago and just shake my head. People have buried that game under the guise of Philly not having Hurts. But Reid and his staff have not buried it. The amount of deficiencies that you see from the philly defense in several areas are so apparent it's scary. And then you look at the stats and how they are poor against the run, one of the worst against screens and vulnerable in the middle of the field. The tale is there to see...but the media don't want to share the story.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I saw an interesting stat that only twice has the #1 passing offense faced the #1 passing defense in the Super Bowl. Once back in 2002 in the Buccaneers vs Raiders matchup and again in 2013 with the Broncos vs Seahawks.

Lots of stats going back and forth but I feel good about the game given the fact that we've got Mahomes and Reid on our side.
That doesn't sound like good news to me... :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:49 PM 02-07-2023

This is off topic, but they had a Bullies of Baltimore documentary on ESPN recently so there's been a lot of talk about the best defenses of all-time.

In case no one knew, that 2002 Buccaneers defense allowed only 10 passing TDs all season long. At the same time, they intercepted 31 passes. THIRTY-ONE interceptions. To only TEN passing TDs.

That's insane.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:51 PM 02-07-2023
Far too small of a sample size to derive anything from that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:55 PM 02-07-2023
It had me a little nervous, I won't lie lol But as the other guy said, it is such a small sample size, it's hard to get hung up on it.

The Buccaneers had the Raiders' signals since Gruden defected and they never bothered to change anything. Stupid move by the Raiders. That Buccaneers defense was also one of the best of all-time. It wasn't simply a #1 pass defense from any random year.

I think a lot of people would put 2000 Ravens, 2002 Buccaneers, and 2013 Seahawks in their top 3.

Unless this Eagles team comes out there and holds us to like 3 points, I don't think anyone's considering them an all-time unit. So it isn't really comparing apples to apples.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:57 PM 02-07-2023

I mean, the Bucs knew what the Raiders were calling, so there's that.

As to that Broncos game - I will never EVER figure out how that team was essentially the best regular season offense of all time. Has a QB ever had a better season? 5500 yards and 55 TDs in 16 games?

Manning was just a goddamn monster that year and for one game that team suddenly couldn't do anything right. Literally from the first snap of the game.

So if we have a safety on our first play, you might have cause to be concerned...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:01 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
As to that Broncos game - I will never EVER figure out how that team was essentially the best regular season offense of all time. Has a QB ever had a better season? 5500 yards and 55 TDs in 16 games?

Manning was just a goddamn monster that year and for one game that team suddenly couldn't do anything right. Literally from the first snap of the game.
By volume, that was the best season by a QB ever. I think advanced metrics would put Peyton's 2004 season (along with some others from different QBs) ahead of it, though.

Either way, yeah, idk. They just came out there bumbling around and couldn't do anything right. It was truly bizarre.

I was always a big Peyton Manning > Tom Brady guy, but I stopped arguing so vehemently that night. I just didn't have the firepower anymore, especially after Brady and the Pats came back and won the Super Bowl against the same defense the next year.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 146
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up